This event makes me quit SWTOR

Aztang

I have OCD when it comes to getting all achievements and I have 21 characters all at 65, I have played since launch and tried to complete everything this game has to offer.

I just cannot be bothered or motivated to do this event, as if I would want to do it all again but to miss out on these achievements triggers my OCD to the point that I may as well just quit swtor.

But it's CELEBRATING 5 years of SWTOR! Join in on the FUN! Celebrate with us! Make 8 more characters to celebrate! They're showing us how much they appreciate veterans!

Oh the irony is strong in this one !

I have OCD when it comes to getting all achievements and I have 21 characters all at 65, I have played since launch and tried to complete everything this game has to offer.

I just cannot be bothered or motivated to do this event, as if I would want to do it all again but to miss out on these achievements triggers my OCD to the point that I may as well just quit swtor.

You managed to complete all the other achievements before this? That is truly impressive.

So, you have a personal issue that precludes you from being any fun at parties... so rather than continue to go to these parties, you sober up and leave, all because the party is too similar to the last several you attended?

Ok.

So, you have a personal issue that precludes you from being any fun at parties... so rather than continue to go to these parties, you sober up and leave, all because the party is too similar to the last several you attended?

Ok.

Bad analogy. It's more like this:

You go out every friday and saturday nights for five straight years to your favorite night club. All of the owners and employees know you by name and even run you a tab. One day the owners unveil a new promotion that gives new patrons a buy one get one free special on drinks. Additionally, after 6 months of frequenting their establishment those new patrons will receive a new hat, t-shirt, and gym bag with the night clubs logo on them.

Unfortunately, you are not eligible because you are not a new patron. And you refuse to have plastic surgery or wear a disguise just to get the free stuff you deserve.

Bad analogy. It's more like this:

You go out every friday and saturday nights for five straight years to your favorite night club. All of the owners and employees know you by name and even run you a tab. One day the owners unveil a new promotion that gives new patrons a buy one get one free special on drinks. Additionally, after 6 months of frequenting their establishment those new patrons will receive a new hat, t-shirt, and gym bag with the night clubs logo on them.

Unfortunately, you are not eligible because you are not a new patron. And you refuse to have plastic surgery or wear a disguise just to get the free stuff you deserve.

Atrocious analogy - you can still get the exact same awards as the new patron.

I scorched a level 65 marauder in 208/216 gear and a level 63 BH to make room for the event. I'm quite enjoying it.

I've replaced my mean-as-dirt male evil-choice-only imperials with female characters with names like Sunrose Heartlight and Gracely Pureheart and they're in nice flowery dresses, pretty hair, bright blue eyes, all making light-side choices.

I'm having fun with it.

But it's CELEBRATING 5 years of SWTOR! Join in on the FUN! Celebrate with us! Make 8 more characters to celebrate! They're showing us how much they appreciate veterans!

But Swtor anniv is on Dec 20th, not during the summer

You almost make it sound ......fair :eek:

Crazy, innit?

Tbh it's not really fair though for the event to be equal for everyone really? They're catering to the new players rather than the old vets now a days

It's not fair to be equal - both in opportunity and in outcome. Duly noted.

Tbh it's not really fair though for the event to be equal for everyone really? They're catering to the new players rather than the old vets now a days

Whut? It's not fair for it to be equal for everyone? I can feel my inner MCB screaming at me to spam post the definition of 'Fair'.

It's not fair to be equal - both in opportunity and in outcome. Duly noted.

Well I am right in a way aren't I? No one that has spent years doing something should want to feel equal to someone that has just started within seconds?

Whut? It's not fair for it to be equal for everyone? I can feel my inner MCB screaming at me to spam post the definition of 'Fair'.

So your fine being doing something for years and being compared to someone that has just started doing the same exact thing within seconds to be the same as you have all that time?

Well I am right in a way aren't I? No one that has spent years doing something should want to feel equal to someone that has just started within seconds?

The established player has several advantages over the new player. Starting with their legacy bonuses, moving into the direct and indirect crafting support of their other characters, both in making levelling gear and in stockpiling crafting supplies. Then there's the ability to score the HK-51-related achievement by unlock rather than by doing the mission, scoring the Stronghold-related achievement without expenditure of any credits, the ability to farm credits across the legacy, heroic moments, etc.

I would very much have liked to see existing characters be able to meaningfully and directly contribute to the event; I've called BW out on using a concept for the event that led to not being able to do so. Once they made that decision, though; the way they've gone is "fair."

Actually, this is where you're incorrect. A brand new player starting out is at a bigger disadvantage compared to a veteran player. When I started a new toon for the event, here are the advantages I'm offered (not counting the sub vs F2P as that speaks for itself)

- Legacy bank full of crafting mats to speed my way through the crafting process.

- Tons of mail for gear, and titles to quickly hit an extra level before I even step foot into the adventure

- Already have all the datacrons unlocked for maximum stat bonuses.

- Collections unlocks for CM Companions, crystals, mounts, as well as legacy unlocks from the legacy tab

- Gobs of credits that I can shave a few from in order to start a character with a couple handfuls of character perks to speed up leveling, crafting results, speeder piloting, etc.

- Strongholds already unlocked and decorated

So as a veteran player, along with guild bonuses, I already start with a hefty advantage over a brand new player that's going to get my end results achieved in far less time than a new player would have to face, if they were planning on leveling all 8.

That being said though, I do wish they would either discount the extra character slots a little more heavily, if not give them away outright for those that filled their 40 slots (though I have to wonder are you truly attached to 40 characters that you can't find your two or three least favorite, sell off everything that can't be put into the legacy bank, dump the items and creds off, and start fresh for the event?)

Alternatively, and this has been said many times before as well, nobody is forcing you to participate in the event as well. If you want the rewards at the end of it all, then put in the time and effort to get them.

So your fine being doing something for years and being compared to someone that has just started doing the same exact thing within seconds to be the same as you have all that time?

{No, you're right. It would be fairer if the veterans just got gifted everything cause they played the game once. Kinda like how everytime I play football now, I automatically win, because I won a game in 1996}

i would have liked it more if we could participate on existing characters. I dont mind not having stuff i allready did count though. It's fine that only stuff we do during the "event" counts. But we should be able to participate in the event on old characters. Ofc. some achievements would require new characters, but if the level 25 achievement ex. was changed to " Get to level 25 or alternatively gain 5 mill experience" that would work for old characters. Completing FP's and OP's could also count. The valor 5 achievement could be changed to "valor 5 or alternatively play 5 wz"

Many things could have been done to make this event better received by veterans. It's not a terrible idea, but the execution most certainly could have been better.

No, in my opinion, you are utterly wrong. A "fair" event is one where everyone has equal opportunity and receives the same rewards for the same amount of effort.

Please note, my saying I think the event is "fair" is not the same thing as my saying it is "good". I think it was pretty lazily and poorly designed and have many complaints about the implementation, but there is nothing inherently unfair about veterans being expected to do the same thing as newer players to get the same rewards. In fact, that would be my definition of a fair event.

No, in my opinion, you are utterly wrong. A "fair" event is one where everyone has equal opportunity and receives the same rewards for the same amount of effort.

Please note, my saying I think the event is "fair" is not the same thing as my saying it is "good". I think it was pretty lazily and poorly designed and have many complaints about the implementation, but there is nothing inherently unfair about veterans being expected to do the same thing as newer players to get the same rewards. In fact, that would be my definition of a fair event.

More or less my view as well. I'll give them some slack on implementation, but it was a boneheaded idea to design an event that old characters could not meaningfully participate in; because of the metrics of effort (levelling and non-repeatable conversations) chosen.

More or less my view as well. I'll give them some slack on implementation, but it was a boneheaded idea to design an event that old characters could not meaningfully participate in; because of the metrics of effort (levelling and non-repeatable conversations) chosen.

Yeah, having rewards for all the new character stuff is fine, but there really should have been something to do with existing characters to participate and there really should have been at least a little bit of actual content added.

Yeah, having rewards for all the new character stuff is fine, but there really should have been something to do with existing characters to participate and there really should have been at least a little bit of actual content added.

They claim its "fair" so no it wouldn't have happened