new balance sage set question

DexterousGecko

So I've got about 150 hours in my balance sage now and I'm starting to get some set pieces. I play solo with my companion the vast majority of the time so I was thinking either the victor set for the speed and health after every enemy killed, the taskmaster for increased companion goodness (i mostly have my companion on heal if that makes a difference). the other set i was considering was Trishin's retort because i use my Force Armor a lot and thought that might help when I'm surrounded by a bunch of mobs. Does Trishin's even proc with Force Armor and is the damage worth it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Edited by DexterousGecko

I also play Balance/Madness. Personally, I use the Stationary Grit set (+3% dmg when stationary, which becomes +10% armor when moving), with the Amplified Champion armor set to fill out the rest of the armor pieces. Stationary Grit only requires 4 pieces for maximum effect, and requires no alteration to your attack rotation to use.

Your main filler attack is channeled, so you aren't moving anyways. And if you do need to move, it's usually because you're getting attacked, so the automatic armor buff when moving is nice.

For Tactical, I usually use Overwhelming Offense. Being a DOT class, it quickly racks up the OO stacks and keeps up the buff (supposedly 1% dmg increase per stack). Sometimes I switch to Slow Mercy for strong mob kills.

I've used the Victor set and didn't find it as useful because it'll be triggered by the first kill, but there's still the rest of mob to deal with. Increased running speed isn't particularly useful for a ranged dps that should be stationary most of the time. And the heal isn't so useful if you already had a healing companion out.

Edited by HeatRacer

Didn't they get rid of set pieces? I'm in all 306, and not one piece of gear is a set piece. Or are you using the now defunct 5.0+ set pieces? The red text means it's invalid; doesn't work.

There are like 30 sets available on lvl 75 across all classes. Conquest and weekly reward boxes constantly drop set pieces, HM and Nim ops drop set pieces on almost every boss. But most people just buy what they want for tech fragments.

Edited by Equeliber

So I've got about 150 hours in my balance sage now and I'm starting to get some set pieces. I play solo with my companion the vast majority of the time so I was thinking either the victor set for the speed and health after every enemy killed, the taskmaster for increased companion goodness (i mostly have my companion on heal if that makes a difference). the other set i was considering was Trishin's retort because i use my Force Armor a lot and thought that might help when I'm surrounded by a bunch of mobs. Does Trishin's even proc with Force Armor and is the damage worth it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Trishin works only for tanks. Shielded in that case means shielded by the tank shield, not abilities. But anyway, it's total crap as it's damage is very weak.

Best set bonus for DPS sage is Gathering Storm, it gives you a lot of extra DPS.