Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sick of teamspeak in pvp...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sick of teamspeak in pvp...

MotorCityMan
06.21.2014 , 09:49 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Teamspeak in reg wzs?
I'll be honest with you mate, 90% of the time they are talking about absolutely nothing to do with whats going on in the wz unless they are sadact tryhards, who if they are taking it seriously against a pug ARENt that great and you are losing because its a premade of better players not because they are on ts.
Exactly. Premades enjoy the advantage of pre-selection so they can choose better and more cooperative players of synergistic classes. And just because they are not talking game strategy 100% of the time doesn't mean that having VOIP and increased communication isn't vital.
Premades also enjoy increased cooperation due to peer pressure (of not being invited back ) making strategies viable that are beyond the capability of the average pug group.

But for the umpteenth time, I agree that premades are not the problem, lack of effective matchmaking is.

The Blizzard-WoW paradigm of throwing random players into an instance and calling it pvp was added on at the last second as an afterthought to a pve game. It was admittedly ill-conceived to begin with. Why it has been slavishly copied and perpetuated by devs in other mmos is beyond reason.

Technohic
06.21.2014 , 09:59 AM | #122
^ It doesn't even matter about having the best classes or the best players even void of voice. When you are with your guild, the big thing the more spots filled by your guildies who at least will be willing to listen and take criticism constructively, replaces a spot that might be filled by someone who only has their own interests in mind or is terrible but unwilling to be helped.

I for one came back just so I can pre-made and use voice chat and laugh at people while only focus firing people down all at once. You know. For the lulz. Hope Joe and Tux are ready. Course I have to relearn how to play because I had uninstalled and lost my UI, but you know. Premades = automatic win.

General_Aldo
06.22.2014 , 12:15 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Teamspeak in reg wzs?
I'll be honest with you mate, 90% of the time they are talking about absolutely nothing to do with whats going on in the wz unless they are sadact tryhards, who if they are taking it seriously against a pug ARENt that great and you are losing because its a premade of better players not because they are on ts.
/thread
Bornsteller - Combat Medic
LÍvi - Carnage Marauder
King of Pugs Legacy

Zoom_VI
06.22.2014 , 12:27 PM | #124
Good thing I use mumble.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Zunayson
06.22.2014 , 09:41 PM | #125
Assumption: OP's mega-skill allows him to 1v1 anyone and totally obliterate his opponent because he's so good. VoIP won't halp him poop on his opponent. OP wins because of how skilled he is.

Less exaggerated assumption that we can all relate to: We've all utterly destroyed someone without cooldowns in a 1v1, be it down to tactical advantage, gear, class imbalance, or luck.

Barring luck, all of those factors can be readily duplicated against pretty much any team. So if you obliterate almost any opponent 1v1, and you could make a team of 8 of you, you would easily roll them all out of virtue of simply out DPS-ing, healing, LoS'ing, or just flat out being OP.

All of this does not require VoIP. Premades do use VoIP, not always for tactical communication.

They also tend to take the game more seriously, generally NOT rolling a lel spec for pvp, min/maxing gear, and bothering to learn how to do their rotation.

I don't even need to use VoIP to **** on teams when I'm on a premade, we just count on each other to do things.

I don't understand the whole 'learning each other's weaknesses' or 'working together,' we just sort of... aoe stun inside aoe's... it's not really working together, that's just... sort of common sense... Stun to cover a cap? Common sense....

TL;DR if everyone had common sense this game would be a lot more fun for many
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Ridickilis
06.23.2014 , 09:47 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
I don't understand the whole 'learning each other's weaknesses' or 'working together,' we just sort of... aoe stun inside aoe's... it's not really working together, that's just... sort of common sense... Stun to cover a cap? Common sense....

I really think it needs to be changed to uncommon sense because I'm baffled how so few actually have it.

Anyway just wanted to come in a LOL at this thread, being one of those unguilded, no TS, no premade players myself and yet still doing these things you describe. Sometimes it just feels like we're all in the same premade.

Sheike
06.23.2014 , 10:04 AM | #127
Make friends.

Butwaldgrim
06.23.2014 , 12:25 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
I don't even need to use VoIP to **** on teams when I'm on a premade, we just count on each other to do things.

I was surprised unrealistic, I, I was thinking we need to change because they think. It's because everyone, however, want to encourage people e.g. unguilded, mumble, w/e at this point any player who is not ready to accept 10,000 of thoses news LOL
But most. Sometimes I feel that everything is built the same. - Internal delivery of all feel that dps and together.