Add more value to your subscribers....

Jnaathra

I subscribed to this game as F2P approached. Specfically to enjoy the PVP (warzones) again.

However, I hit a snag today when I queued up on one of my characters. I waited in line for around 20 minutes for the warzone to pop. Then the match ended 2 mins later due to insufficent players. I then waited another 20 minutes for another match. This wait is a bit to much.

Please increase the number of matches that F2P players can do each week. Both for warzones and for flashpoints.

By giving me people to play with you add value to the game for me. You make me want to subscribe.

GW2 follows this model in a way. They want more people and they have stated that they are aware that only a certain percentage of players will use their gem store. That they still want those others around, because those other players add value to the ones that are paying.

If I have no one to play against... What is the point of me keeping this sub? Keep all the other restrictions in place.. You will still make money, but do us subscribers this simple favor and make the game more fun for us.

They need to hold something over the freeloaders heads to entice them. If they gave more warzones, how is this going to keep you as a subscriber? You won't, cause you'll be able to do everything you want for free, so why would you pay. You would join the rank of freeloader, and the game would sink even further.

They need to hold something over the freeloaders heads to entice them. If they gave more warzones, how is this going to keep you as a subscriber? You won't, cause you'll be able to do everything you want for free, so why would you pay. You would join the rank of freeloader, and the game would sink even further.

Freeloaders at most will not sub anyway, no matter what you give or not.

Freeloaders at most will not sub anyway, no matter what you give or not.

Well, if you gave them warzones, then you might as well give them ops and dungeons too. Who, in their right mind, would sub to a game if they can play the whole thing?

They have the wrong things on the cartel for F2P. They should lock out the story line and planets and stuff like that, actual content, and give them the quick bars and hood down and stuff like that for free. Dont get me wrong I HATE most f2p models, but the ones that seem to work are the ones that unsubbed people have to pay for the actual game itself not the stuff IN it. Like zones and stuff. So, make it so they have to buy WZ etc but once they do they have FULL access.

M

Edited by hippiechick

Having something to do is the most important thing for any subscriber. Having a greater variety of stuff to do is also important.

The free respecs alone are a huge reason for me to stay subbed.. When I pvp I switch specs a ton. I want to tank.. I want to heal... I want to dps.. etc etc.

I agree 100%. I would even be happy if they gave the F2P'ers unlimited wz's with reduced comms, or something to that effect. Having more people to play against makes me happy as a sub.

they wont do that,

if they want, they will make this game as B2P, just like gw2.

I guess beggers can be choosers. I am not paying but I want more free stuff? Really? You cannot be serious.

Now I do think they made a mistake with how they charge for f2p. If you want to pvp and that's all you want to do you are paying 240 cartel coins. That is 960 coins in a 4 week month (1200 in 5 week month). It costs $9.99 USD for 1050 coins. so in essence you are paying $10 per month to pvp or $15 per month to subscribe. They are nickle and diming you but charging a quarter if that makes sense. $10 per month doesn't get you GB access, unify colors, cash limits, no ops, no FP's (well limited) etc. It is seriously stupid to pay for a single item. They should change it to 80 cartel coins for a week pass for pvp, ops, HMFP's, etc. This allows someone to buy what they want without paying for the fluff they care not for. This would be good customer service and might actually make someone more willing to subscribe than the way they are doing it right now.

If the OP was serious this is what they would have stated this rather than give me more for nothing.

The financial team for this game is seriously on crack the way they broke down the charges for cartel coins.

But back to the original topic. If you're not paying for something you don't deserve much and have no right to complain as the rest of us who do subscribe have to deal with you complaining in and out of game. You like GW2? GO BACK. If you're gona compare how great something is to the way this is then you obviously don't want to be here. OMG WOW was so awsome.....why did you leave? Just my 2 cents on F2P and the people complaining and not sub'ing

Edited by JimboJankins

I guess beggers can be choosers. I am not paying but I want more free stuff? Really? You cannot be serious.

Now I do think they made a mistake with how they charge for f2p. If you want to pvp and that's all you want to do you are paying 240 cartel coins. That is 960 coins in a 4 week month (1200 in 5 week month). It costs $9.99 USD for 1050 coins. so in essence you are paying $10 per month to pvp or $15 per month to subscribe. They are nickle and diming you but charging a quarter if that makes sense. $10 per month doesn't get you GB access, unify colors, cash limits, no ops, no FP's (well limited) etc. It is seriously stupid to pay for a single item. They should change it to 80 cartel coins for a week pass for pvp, ops, HMFP's, etc. This allows someone to buy what they want without paying for the fluff they care not for. This would be good customer service and might actually make someone more willing to subscribe than the way they are doing it right now.

If the OP was serious this is what they would have stated this rather than give me more for nothing.

The financial team for this game is seriously on crack the way they broke down the charges for cartel coins.

But back to the original topic. If you're not paying for something you don't deserve much and have no right to complain as the rest of us who do subscribe have to deal with you complaining in and out of game. You like GW2? GO BACK. If you're gona compare how great something is to the way this is then you obviously don't want to be here. OMG WOW was so awsome.....why did you leave? Think before you speak please.

-wall of text crits me for 1000000-

My point stands. I subscribe. I want more value for my money. You can give me more value by not cutting the legs out from under both Flashpoints and Warzones.

Plenty of other things that F2P can draw money from. Such as.....

$0.30 _ Minor Valor Boost

$0.50 _ Major Valor Boost

$0.90 _ Fleet Pass (single use)

$0.90 _ Quick Travel (single use)

$1.00 _ Customization Control: Display Legacy Name

$1.00 _ Customization Control: Display Titles

$1.20 _ Major Experience Boost

$1.20 _ Minor Experience Boost

$1.25 _ Unlock: 10 Galactic Trade Network Sale Slots

$1.50 _ CZ-5 Armored Assault Harness

$1.50 _ Dark Initiate’s Robe

$1.50 _ MA-35 Forward Ops Chestplate

$1.50 _ Outrider’s Flight Jacket

$1.50 _ Redeemer’s Harness

$1.50 _ Saberist’s Body Armor

$1.50 _ Street Slicer’s Longcoat

$1.50 _ Wayfarer’s Robe

$1.75 _ Authorization: Event Equipment Requisition

$1.75 _ Unlock: Inventory Module

$1.80 _ Black Market Cartel Pack

$1.80 _ Rancor Holo-Replica

$2.25 _ Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting II

$2.25 _ Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting III

$2.40 _ Invory Mouse Horranth

$2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Flashpoints (omit)

$2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Operations

$2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Space Missions

$2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Warzones (omit)

$2.50 _ Unlock: Additional Quickbar

$3.25 _ Authorization: Crew Member Appearence

$3.25 _ CZ-18x Avalanche Chestplate

$3.25 _ CZ-27k Stealth Ops Suit

$3.25 _ Dire Eliminator’s Chestguard

$3.25 _ Dire Overlord’s Vestments

$3.25 _ Dire Taskmaster’s Robe

$3.25 _ Dire Warmaster’s Body Armor

$3.25 _ Emergency Responder’s Overcoat

$3.25 _ Guard Captain’s Chestplate

$3.25 _ Honored Adept’s Shroud

$3.25 _ Honored Champion’s Robe

$3.25 _ Honored Master’s Vestments

$3.25 _ Honored Saberist’s Harness

$3.25 _ MA-52 Med-Tech Chestplate

$3.25 _ MA-53 Overwatch Chestplate

$3.50 _ Customization Control: Hide Head Slot

$3.50 _ Customization Control: Unify Colors

$3.50 _ Garmorrean Axe

$3.50 _ Garmorrean Axe

$3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Chiss

$3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Cyborg

$3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Mirialan

$3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Sith Pureblood

$3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Miraluka

$3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Rattataki

$3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Twi’lek

$3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Zabrak

$3.60 _ Crime Lord’s Cartel Pack

$4.75 _ Expand your inventory an additional 10 slots.

$4.75 _ Unlock: Additional Cargo Bay

$4.75 _ Unlock: Cargo Hold Access

$4.80 _ 5-Pack: Major Experience Boost

$6.00 _ Access Authorization: Section X

$6.00 _ Unlock: Guild Bank Access

$7.20 _ Longspur Sportster

$9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow Eviscerating Crystal

$9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow Hawkeye Crystal

$9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow Indestructible Crystal

$9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow War Hero’s Crystal

$12.00 _ Armor set

$12.00 _ Authorization: Artifact Equipment

$12.00 _ CZ-13k Guerrilla Armor set

$12.00 _ Destroyer’s Armor set

$12.00 _ MA-44 Combat Armor set

$12.00 _ Noble Commander’s Armor set

$12.00 _ nvestigator’s Armor set

$12.00 _ Outlaw’s Armor set

$12.00 _ Pathfinder’s Armor set

$12.00 _ X-3 Techmaster’s Armor Set

$14.40 _ Carbonite Chamber

Edited by Jnaathra

My point stands. I subscribe. I want more value for my money. You can give me more value by not cutting the legs out from under both Flashpoints and Warzones.

I understand you subscribe as you have previously stated. My statement, "give me more for nothing" was directed at the people who do not subscribe (the people you are standing up for). There is no reason to give them more for nothing.

Plenty of other things that F2P can draw money from.

As I said if you (generally speaking) want to just do pvp you are not really looking for money but rather the experience of pvp.

Bottom line is if someone is serious about playing this game they will pay for a subscription. The stats are simple. Serious gamers pay. I would rather wait longer for a good pvp team then insta que for a fast loss from f2p players who are not serious about the game. The guy who said lower their ranked coms doesn't help his own point either. Gear them up slower but let them play in recruit gear longer? That will really hurt the pvp scene.

I understand you subscribe as you have previously stated. My statement, "give me more for nothing" was directed at the people who do not subscribe (the people you are standing up for). There is no reason to give them more for nothing.

As I said if you (generally speaking) want to just do pvp you are not really looking for money but rather the experience of pvp.

Bottom line is if someone is serious about playing this game they will pay for a subscription. The stats are simple. Serious gamers pay. I would rather wait longer for a good pvp team then insta que for a fast loss from f2p players who are not serious about the game. The guy who said lower their ranked coms doesn't help his own point either. Gear them up slower but let them play in recruit gear longer? That will really hurt the pvp scene.

Not everyone runs around with a premade day and night. Teams are fine.. but having a mentality that other players are not serious when alone is a huge mistake. This is not some elite pvp scene anyways...

"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more subscribers will slip through your fingers."

Personally I think a better system would have been to let the ftp players have a week trial were they have unlimited access to warzones, then after that week is up they have to do a one time purchase for each warzone. Once it is unlocked they can play it as much or as little as they liked. You could even limit it to individual characters only instead of account wide if it will keep the subs from crying and moaning.

This way FTP players can choose what warzones they want and don't want, and they are still paying for access to that content. And it you know helps accomplish what the reasoning was for a ftp model to begin with; getting players to help populate pvp and pve.

populating the server with people who can't do much isn't really populating the servers. On the other hand if you increase the freebee's lets say you make it to where you can do 5 HMFP's per week and 10 pvp matches well then I will gladly cancel my subscription and pay $10 per week for ops. I'm sure a lot of people would do the same and then Bioware will populate the servers and make 1/3 less money. Great way to stay profitable if you ask me. I think the point that people forget is that bioware is not a non-profit. They are in this to make money. F2P is a way to entice people to come back or mainly allow people to level for free and hook them to get subs. If someone is broke and cannot afford to pay a sub then there is no real market for bioware. Ultimately they have to remain profitable to their shareholders and giving people a reason to cancel subscriptions to play for free isn't a good idea

You can try to justify how it will help you all day long but bioware doesn't care about any individuals. They care about what is profitable for them as a company. They have made more money off the cartel coins from subscribers than they have from f2p people trying to get a week of pvp or HMFP's i can almost guarantee. Several guildies have already spent over $50 on cartel coins to get the rare stuff from the boxes. How many f2p people have paid that? guessing not many cause they aren't paying $14.99 per month. I will reiterate again so you can understand this time Bioware wants to make money. Free does not = increased profits. F2P is a marketing tool to get people to level for free and sub later (hopefully they enjoy the game if they took the time to hit 50). More free stuff is NOT in Bioware's best interests.

populating the server with people who can't do much isn't really populating the servers. On the other hand if you increase the freebee's lets say you make it to where you can do 5 HMFP's per week and 10 pvp matches well then I will gladly cancel my subscription and pay $10 per week for ops. I'm sure a lot of people would do the same and then Bioware will populate the servers and make 1/3 less money. Great way to stay profitable if you ask me. I think the point that people forget is that bioware is not a non-profit. They are in this to make money. F2P is a way to entice people to come back or mainly allow people to level for free and hook them to get subs. If someone is broke and cannot afford to pay a sub then there is no real market for bioware. Ultimately they have to remain profitable to their shareholders and giving people a reason to cancel subscriptions to play for free isn't a good idea

You can try to justify how it will help you all day long but bioware doesn't care about any individuals. They care about what is profitable for them as a company. They have made more money off the cartel coins from subscribers than they have from f2p people trying to get a week of pvp or HMFP's i can almost guarantee. Several guildies have already spent over $50 on cartel coins to get the rare stuff from the boxes. How many f2p people have paid that? guessing not many cause they aren't paying $14.99 per month. I will reiterate again so you can understand this time Bioware wants to make money. Free does not = increased profits. F2P is a marketing tool to get people to level for free and sub later (hopefully they enjoy the game if they took the time to hit 50). More free stuff is NOT in Bioware's best interests.

And that is precisely the problem! As a subber I shouldnt have to pay additional $$ to get stuff but they are making it out to be that way - put out something that people really want then make the sucker subbers (who will always pay) spend more money to get it.

Thats just wrong.

And that is precisely the problem! As a subber I shouldnt have to pay additional $$ to get stuff but they are making it out to be that way - put out something that people really want then make the sucker subbers (who will always pay) spend more money to get it.

Thats just wrong.

Sorry you are wrong there is no way that you have to spend extra $$ to get stuff.

No subber, including you, needs to pay extra. They may choose to but that is down to them. If you want something from the cartel shop either have patience and save up your monthly stipend for it, or use in game credits and buy it off the GTN.

Sorry you are wrong there is no way that you have to spend extra $$ to get stuff.

No subber, including you, needs to pay extra. They may choose to but that is down to them. If you want something from the cartel shop either have patience and save up your monthly stipend for it, or use in game credits and buy it off the GTN.

No thats not true. The option of either paying like 10mil credits or spending real money (cartel coins) for the possibility of getting something I want (gambling boxes) is NOT fair to the subscriber because there is no other alternative (questing, farming, etc)

Most of us purchased the game waay before F2P was annouced (when it was still full price) - arbitarily changing the product that people have already paid for will not fly in the real world. Why is it okay to screw over people in the digital world?!