Scamper + Slippery Devil = skill shot?

Bayen

So Slippery Devil talent gives your Scamper a 50% chance to dodge right?

So say you're in a 1 v 1 with a sniper for example, and you're running towards him as he starts to cast Ambush, you hit Scamper just as he fires and dodge his shot at the same time as rolling into his face.

This is possible right? Because it sounds like PVP just became very fun.

should be but it's 1 sec of dodge/evasion.

the neat part of the trick is there is a 1 second window after the roll to cast explosive probe. I know when 2.0 goes live that is something I am going to practice if they don't mess it up.

/sigh Hallow, you never call...

Anyhow, I think the biggest issue, from where I'm sitting at least, is the inherent delay on the roll after you press the ability. I'd much rather have it activate instantly like Force Speed, but it seems like there is a delay of a second (at least) on the ability, and even more so (maybe the GCD) when mashing the key to do 2 in a row.

That could also be attributable to lag on the PTS, but I tried doing it on my ship as well so I would be minimizing any ambient lag (video/population on fleet) and still had the same results.

not on test right now to confirm, but i'm fairly certain scamper itself gives you 30% defense or something like that (maybe just ranged defense. i'll check later to make sure).

EDIT: just confirmed - it gives 30% melee/ranged defense as part of the skill itself.

and has anyone tested to see if the +1s dodge set bonus affects the dodge from traited scamper?

Edited by oaceen

not on test right now to confirm, but i'm fairly certain scamper itself gives you 30% defense or something like that (maybe just ranged defense. i'll check later to make sure).

and has anyone tested to see if the +1s dodge set bonus affects the dodge from traited scamper?

Doesn't appear to. Appears to be a solid second and that's it.

More important question.....does it still cleanse dots?

would change how I use my dodge

yes it will cleanse physical and tech effects. Don't remember on the force/mental.

Also while rolling it does give 30% melee and ranged defense.

The more you know....

yes it will cleanse physical and tech effects. Don't remember on the force/mental.

Also while rolling it does give 30% melee and ranged defense.

The more you know....

It "Triggers dodge," and triggering dodge removes all removable effects - force and mental would be included.

Edited by Zunayson

It "Triggers dodge," and triggering dodge removes all removable effects - force and mental would be included.

That's what we've been told, but that assumes the brief description we've seen takes into account Dodge's cleanse effect. Would be nice to have in-game confirmation but it's tough to spot with the 1s duration, so I guess it's down to checking logs.

The buff you get when the roll-dodge triggers is "Slippery Devil" rather than Dodge, the text with it says something like "Immune to melee and ranged attacks" but doesn't mention cleanses. Don't get me wrong, it may cleanse, I'm just hedging my bets until I'm sure.

Edited by Wainamoinen

That's what we've been told, but that assumes the brief description we've seen takes into account Dodge's cleanse effect. Would be nice to have in-game confirmation but it's tough to spot with the 1s duration, so I guess it's down to checking logs.

The buff you get when the roll-dodge triggers is "Slippery Devil" rather than Dodge, the text with it says something like "Immune to melee and ranged attacks" but doesn't mention cleanses. Don't get me wrong, it may cleanse, I'm just hedging my bets until I'm sure.

If the roll triggers dodge, it does cleanse all removable negative effects. Which can be pretty useful considering the number of lethality/DF snipers/gunslingers on the PTS :p However it has 50% chance to be triggered and 15 sec internal CD.

If the roll triggers dodge....

Is my point. The buff it triggers *isn't* Dodge, it's called "Slippery Devil" (as the new talent is - mouseover when it activates if you want to check), and it's description only refers to "immunity" from ranged and melee attacks rather than cleansing.

It may well cleanse too, I'd just like to confirm it. The difference in name makes me worry that it works differently, specifically that they've only buffed defence rating and not included the cleanse element. I am probably worrying about nothing.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Is my point. The buff it triggers *isn't* Dodge, it's called "Slippery Devil" (as the new talent is - mouseover when it activates if you want to check), and it's description only refers to "immunity" from ranged and melee attacks rather than cleansing.

It may well cleanse too, I'd just like to confirm it. The difference in name makes me worry that it works differently, specifically that they've only buffed defence rating and not included the cleanse element. I am probably worrying about nothing.

Don't worry mate. It cleanses, I've tested it on my operative. So I'm pretty sure it should work for scoundrels too ;)

An interesting question that arises is now that we know it cleanses, when does it cleanse? Scamper only moves you 12 meters if you aren't snared, if memory serves, and 6 if you are. So if you're snared, and Scamper/SD removes said snare, does it do so before it checks and makes the 6/12 decision?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not 100% sure but it also looks as though they are nerfing " Blaster whip" and instead giving a speed bonus within the skill tree. This skill is in the right tree first tier, first box on the right. At present it seems we have the ability to increase the damage of Blaster whip by 8% with two ticks in it. However this looks to be changed from what I've googled so far, is this right or wrong?

Am sorry I only post here as I see there are fellow Operatives and Scoundrels so I'm sure if this is the case it would put a strain on any sort of dps or what little dps these guys still have. I personally feel that the dps is still too low for my taste especially when you roll a smashing mara or sent and average 3 to 500k damage per pvp match and the Operative or Scoundrel has trouble getting into high 300's per match at least for me but am still building EWH gear and I have a habit of stealing nodes as well which also lowers my dps standard some as well.