Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bigfatpj
12.25.2012 , 11:50 AM | #1601
you obviously don't know much about the australian internet he'd probably have a good modem and isp but the australian net speed is bad i have a expensive lap top and a wireless-N 300mbs+ and i only get 200-300 ms on an american server but 27ms on an aussie one if you don't know try not to open your mouth and make youself look stupid

Quote: Originally Posted by Superpasta View Post
Get yourself a better ISP or replace a new boardband modem might help?

I don't live in Australia, I live in Hong Kong. My ping to Aus servers is around 160ms~180ms, my ping to US servers is around 150ms~170ms.

I can't believe you have 600ms~800ms from Aus to US, seriously?? You are talking like you live in third world with using a 28k modem.... I heard someone from Thailand still can manage with 350ms, twice as fast as yours. Hell 350ms is already very close to "unplayable". LOL, please don't fool me I don't think connection to US is that bad from Aus.

Setsugetsuka
12.26.2012 , 08:39 AM | #1602
5th page? I don't think so.

Come now Bioware, EA, whatever you are. You have an obligation of fair service to your customers, why do you ignore us?

Koios
12.26.2012 , 06:43 PM | #1603
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
5th page? I don't think so.

Come now Bioware, EA, whatever you are. You have an obligation of fair service to your customers, why do you ignore us?
Indeed, annnd back to the top.
Squadron 238 - β tester

Spinikar
12.26.2012 , 08:53 PM | #1604
Quote: Originally Posted by Koios View Post
Indeed, annnd back to the top.
I find it funny that bumping is against the forum rules, however, this thread has hundreds of them, with out so much as a hoot from BW. I find that interesting. They must have stopped reading this thread a while ago.

Oh and,

BUMP!
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Rincewend
12.26.2012 , 08:56 PM | #1605
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
I find it funny that bumping is against the forum rules, however, this thread has hundreds of them, with out so much as a hoot from BW. I find that interesting. They must have stopped reading this thread a while ago.

Oh and,

BUMP!
Got it right the first time, I think they stopped reading it after the first time they posted. when was that back on page 2?

Oh, and Bump

Blitz-wing
12.26.2012 , 09:11 PM | #1606
bump!

Leweegibo
12.26.2012 , 09:17 PM | #1607
This is getting ridonk, didnt they say they would see how F2P went then do what is in the best interest of the players?
It's pretty clear how F2P has gone, now do something!
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Karasuko
12.26.2012 , 11:27 PM | #1608
Quote: Originally Posted by leweegibo View Post
this is getting ridonk, didnt they say they would see how f2p went then do what is in the best interest of the players?
It's pretty clear how f2p has gone, now do something!
sorry can't hear you over the sound of money coming in from the cartel market

Spinikar
12.27.2012 , 01:30 AM | #1609
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
sorry can't hear you over the sound of money coming in from the cartel market
This is most likely the issue. I think BW and EA realized a while ago they screwed this game up to much and are going to lose out. My guess is they will milk what they can, do as little development as possible and shut everything down once they have made their money back.....if they do.

This is the only explanation left as to why they have taken the course of action they have.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Rincewend
12.27.2012 , 02:08 AM | #1610
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
This is most likely the issue. I think BW and EA realized a while ago they screwed this game up to much and are going to lose out. My guess is they will milk what they can, do as little development as possible and shut everything down once they have made their money back.....if they do.

This is the only explanation left as to why they have taken the course of action they have.
^This pretty much calls it, I mean look at all the updates since the big population drop off, they have been poorly tested if at all, game breaking bugs, class nerfs that made some classes useless in pvp or pve (if you can even get into end content or get a WZ to pop). Almost every patch since the pop drop has had the forums full of people talking about CTD; FPS; or lag. The stuff on the Cartel Market that they said would not be a Pay to Win market, well that failed too, Grade 7 upgrades for the ship for cheap, while the crafted ones take end contact to get materials, FP to get the coms to buy the schems, or at least PVP to RE mats out of WH gear. Not to mention the flood of speeders, orange gear, and weapons... Is there any point to craft anymore at all?