Guild Bank. No Tax system for guild members.

Lord-Raze

Well I think this is a good Idea. implement a tax system so u can tax the guildies 1-10% of their income for the guild bank..

What is your take on this.. ?

(I understand that some people will be afraid that the Guild Master will keep the entire fortune for himself so it requires a bit of trust)

Edited by Lord-Raze

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think guild bank funds should go into a guild bank with a tax feature (especially if guild capital ships come in the future where you need to maintain the functions, repairs, droids, among other things on there) and that it taxes you 1-10% every week or month (guildmaster can decide) into the guild bank and the guildmaster only can access those particular funds for guild features (so the more successful players in the larger guilds help add more to the guild, generating a larger faster revenue in theory).

Its a system I think guilds should have now (like the legacy xp bar was at launch) so when more guild functions are added, we already have the funds for them.

This needs to be implemented and done properly.

The way to make it work, without pissing people off is to have a percentage of all gold/credit drops automatically generated specifically for guild bank purposes.

Basically, exactly like WoW's system. Yes I said it.

Here's how it works.

If a mob is designed to drop 200 credits on a kill, it would now drop 220 credits and the 20 goes directly to the guild bank.

This is the only taxation system I have ever seen work without causing stress within guilds. It's automatic and it's fair.

So 2 things.

Make it Zero Loss for the player.

Make it zero maintenance for the officers/GM's.

You now have a winning taxation system.

seriously lots of other games have done this without any trouble....bioware takle note and add a decent feature for every member to passively contribute to the guild bank. I.E. % of extra credits per guild member out collecting credits on their game experience.

So player 1 kills a mob that mob drops 100 credits the guild bank automatically gets 10 credits or 5 or something......

I'm all for the system that is a set amount and in an example given takes X% for the guild bank but that % is a hidden amount that is on top of the drop and reward not from.

My guild is currently deciding if we want to get our tabs yet but are totally for the idea of the capital ships and would love to just accrue credits while we play as opposed to me getting credits from guildies to go towards guild purchases.

It was stated at the guild summit that they realized they need a tax like system and are working on it.

No-loss taxation, fine. Loss taxation, ie taking money out of the player's pocket, not so much.

It's not really taxation if you add money and send it to the guild. That's more like a guild subsidy, generated by player activity. That might be a positive thing, assuming the guild as an entity needed money for something. I'm not sure what that would be, though.

Of course, then new money sinks would be needed as well to keep the economy on an even keel, so it's not uncomplicated.

I think people should go make money if they need it and stop looking for a handout. There is nothing in this game that requires guild funds to do. The guild bank would be nothing but a dumping ground for crap I didn't want to begin with.

You must play a perfect game and never wipe. Repair costs can really get high sometimes. That's all that I would use the guild bank for, hell if I pay into it I should reap a tangible benefit.

I think people should go make money if they need it and stop looking for a handout. There is nothing in this game that requires guild funds to do. The guild bank would be nothing but a dumping ground for crap I didn't want to begin with.

It was the same with legacy until there was an update that expanded it. We want the same system for guilds, is that so hard to understand?

I would love to see a taxation system in the game, I really don't care what form it takes, but running a guild usually ends up costing the guild master credits and buying even bank tabs for the guild bank is quite expensive, especially as you buy more tabs.

You must play a perfect game and never wipe. Repair costs can really get high sometimes. That's all that I would use the guild bank for, hell if I pay into it I should reap a tangible benefit.

They nerfed repair costs into the ground. You should try to play the game before you go crying. I have no desire to pay for anyone elses wipe. I made my money and they can make theirs.

They nerfed repair costs into the ground. You should try to play the game before you go crying. I have no desire to pay for anyone elses wipe. I made my money and they can make theirs.

Well then why be in a guild? Just pug all day so you can keep the money to yourself. You join a guild to play with friends, so what if you have to contribute to keep the team going strong?

And they released 1.2 YESTERDAY, if they have decreased repair fees how in the hell would someone notice it that quickly without wiping a bunch of times? You wiping so much that you saw that the cost went down? If you knew how to play the game maybe that would have been news to you as well.

I was in WoW when they implemented the guild money subsidy system. It isn't a tax at all. The GB simply gets money for my grinding. The amount of money I got per kill never really changed at all back then. They simply deposited a percentage in comparison to the money i earned killing mobs.

This is the kind of system I can live with personally, and wouldn't mind seeing it implemented. The reason I am not for a true tax system is that in any MMO the guild, its GB and all of the funds belongs to whomever is the Guild Leader. This hasn't changed in any MMO i've been a part. If the Guild Leader decides to disband the guild and change servers (again speaking from experience here), he can take all of the funds, items with him and to <insert colorful metaphor here> with the hard work of the people who put things like raid potions etc into the bank for others use.

I really enjoy the guild that I am in now, but absolutely would not want a tax of what I earn going into that bank. Since the one instance that happen, I don't put useful things into a GB. If someone I know in the guild needs something and I like them I share what I have from my own cargo hold.

Well then why be in a guild? Just pug all day so you can keep the money to yourself. You join a guild to play with friends, so what if you have to contribute to keep the team going strong?

And they released 1.2 YESTERDAY, if they have decreased repair fees how in the hell would someone notice it that quickly without wiping a bunch of times? You wiping so much that you saw that the cost went down? If you knew how to play the game maybe that would have been news to you as well.

To actually do content with. My guild members aren't babies that require me to wipe their asses. They know how to make money and they do. Also yes I did wipe because I wasn't sitting on the fleet lamenting how nobody sent me my welfare check this week. I was doing the new content and realized when I went to repair after about 4 deaths that it was less than 2 deaths used to cost me.

Edited by Fumanchu_Fow

You dont raid then.... Guild Funds buy Guild Bank Slots (600k for 1st bay, 1 million for second, etc)... and REPAIRS.

An evening of slamming into a boss, dying... gets expensive. =D

Not anymore. A full repair in full rakata is only about 45k now. That's about 4 daily quests on ilum that can be done in around 10 minutes. So 10 minutes of effort just funded a full repair.

You dont raid then.... Guild Funds buy Guild Bank Slots (600k for 1st bay, 1 million for second, etc)... and REPAIRS.

An evening of slamming into a boss, dying... gets expensive. =D

In some guilds.. Not all. I have been in guilds where repairs and potions on progression nights were provided. If it was an alt run, they weren't allowed, you had to provide your own.

I have also been in guilds where everything had to be provided by the raid member and you had better be there prepared or you would loose your slot. It really depends on the GM and leadership.

The way to make it work, without pissing people off is to have a percentage of all gold/credit drops automatically generated specifically for guild bank purposes.

Here's how it works.

If a mob is designed to drop 200 credits on a kill, it would now drop 220 credits and the 20 goes directly to the guild bank.

This is the only taxation system I have ever seen work without causing stress within guilds. It's automatic and it's fair.

So 2 things.

I agree wholeheartedly with this approach. This will be a welcome feature and people won't feel like their money is money taken away from them, because it's not.

-Bel

.....don't mind the taxation in guilds. I actually agree with just as long as guild leaders aren't stilling the money for there own benefit. Trust me had it done once before. I also like the idea if you take something out you put something in.

Like lets say I take and earpiece (PURPLE) from the bank I should be taxed on the product. not charged but taxed. small fee for the inconvinence.

Here's how it works.

So 2 things.

^^ This. It works.

To actually do content with. My guild members aren't babies that require me to wipe their asses. They know how to make money and they do. Also yes I did wipe because I wasn't sitting on the fleet lamenting how nobody sent me my welfare check this week. I was doing the new content and realized when I went to repair after about 4 deaths that it was less than 2 deaths used to cost me.

"lamenting how nobody sent my welfare check"? Really? That's so typical of people that think like that. First and foremost it's a game, secondly if you play together you should pay together (in-game of course).

You need to L2P, 4 wipes means you need to re-assess your strategy because it's not your guildmembers that require the *** wiping, it's you.

so you really need an auto tax on your guild memebers to do that, you can accept donations? does the bank have a log saying when items/money was deposited? in your guild charter is there a statement that X in game coin must be depostied every week?

I don't think there should be guild tax system in the game. If a guild wishes to impose those rules, there are ways for you to do so