Maruader/Sentinel Classes are still overpowered.

OldRepublicRevan

its not that are op cuz really they not its just that some of the other dps classes havent been buffed to even come close to their dps. Also u have to look at the dps specs too cuz not every spec of a maruader/sentinel pushes high dps. Like and assassin/shadow, the infltraiton and deception specs dont do good substained dps but madness/balance does pull ahead more than the other specs of the class. But honestly dps classes/specs that are low in dps need a little change in ther dps to make them more worth playing and worth bringing to ops and rwzs.

• 2 weeks later...
its not that are op cuz really they not its just that some of the other dps classes havent been buffed to even come close to their dps. Also u have to look at the dps specs too cuz not every spec of a maruader/sentinel pushes high dps. Like and assassin/shadow, the infltraiton and deception specs dont do good substained dps but madness/balance does pull ahead more than the other specs of the class. But honestly dps classes/specs that are low in dps need a little change in ther dps to make them more worth playing and worth bringing to ops and rwzs.

So says the guy rolling on a melee dps. Typically relentlessly defending their overpowered class so nothing will change. Go roll on a class less noobish.

LOL at these "I just got facerolled in PvP and am mad and came to the forums to demand swift action to make me better at my class through downgrades to my better competition and upgrades to my own class that I'm still learning how to play" posts.

Sentinels and Marauders drink your tears. They taste so, so good.

I like these Mara/Sent players talking about drinking tears. When they themselves will be the first ones to drink thier own tears if they get nerfed. Not saying its going to happen, but its very hard to play an OP class! (by OP I mean in 1v1 there are only 2 Adv Classes that have a prayer at killing a skilled Mara/Sent)

LOL at these "I just got facerolled in PvP and am mad and came to the forums to demand swift action to make me better at my class through downgrades to my better competition and upgrades to my own class that I'm still learning how to play" posts.

Sentinels and Marauders drink your tears. They taste so, so good.

Even odds that you complain about pyro spec powertechs. :rolleyes:

I tend to groan IRL when I see sents/marauders in group finder, because some of the most obnoxious ignorant people that rush ahead of the tank and generally make ADHD asses of themselves seem to favor the class.

Edited by Neverfar

I tend to groan IRL when I see sents/marauders in group finder, because some of the most obnoxious ignorant people that rush ahead of the tank and generally make ADHD asses of themselves seem to favor the class.

OH yes because you've pve'ed with some baddies of a certain class means they're all bad right... Logic wins your argument.

OH yes because you've pve'ed with some baddies of a certain class means they're all bad right... Logic wins your argument.

The funny thing is, I would say I have played with roughly 3 good sentinels out of all the sents/maras ive played with over all my characters over 3 servers. I don't bring sents to my raids anymore because the majority of them are terrible. Keep them OP, at least I know all the noobs are gonna be playing a class I can avoid.

Edited by Kanjir

Their DPS is fine, however their point defense/surviablity (through their CDs) is way too high.

I am of the opinion that everything on them is working as intended, but that you are right, the survivability - specifically guarded by the force/undying rage is 2 seconds too long duration.

If this power alone was reduced to 3 secs duration instead of 5 I think you would hear alot less nerf calls overall. 2 GCDs max. for godmode.

• 4 weeks later...
Just reading what you typed tells me you are completely clueless on how this class works. So going along with that, you are probably a terrible PvPer bc you dont know what other classes are actually using against you.

My favorite: "have multiple stun moves" Dude, they have the least stuns and no knock backs.

Pro tip: Do not 1v1 them they will kill you every time. That is thier specialty.

I know exactly what I'm fighting. I never seek out a 1v1 with any melee class. You assume too much and know very little.

• 1 month later...
WoW so many Mara's/Sent's in this thread...

Which is to be expected I guess since 90% of PvP players are now Mara's/Sent's

if 90% are playing Sents/Mara's - then the teams should be pretty even surely :D

your figures, not mine

Amen!

You have no idea, how often I had to suffer, doing dailies (daily HM FP) with all these Marauders, I only have 1 guard and if I get grouped with 2 marauders, I'm totally screwed as a tank, unless they can control their urge to charge. I even went so far as to say "if you charge ahead of me again, I'll kick you" and just after I said that, the marauder charged the boss and I kicked him out :p. Blindness and no sense of self control. That is what most Marauder players have in common. That said, I have grouped with Marauders that didn't do the above things and actually let me pull, they were very good and effective. Everyone should play them like that.

Edited by Fallerup

As healer i dont heal sentinels that gets agro. Not unless thay get agro of **** that hits me. If the tank decides to taunt then i´ll probably heal the sentinel, after the sentinel lost agro, but as tank i like to let stupid dps die, and by healing stupid dps i´ll get agro when they die.

Honestly sentinel dps in pugs aren´t worse than many others. Well, maybe slightly, but overall there´s an abundance of tunnelvisioned dps. They´re everywhere and in all classes.

I've had it with this ongoing hysteria against Marauders....

Intentionally over the last weeks I count how many 'Warrior' classes there are when I lowbie PVP.... it's like 1-2 on average.... sometimes more, sometimes none.

Why is that?

Because it sucks being the only visible melee in all these open maps. I'm just tired of these relentless, clueless 'nerf' threads.

I'm seeing TONS of sorcs/mages. TONS of them... nerf 'em all. I spend half my bloody time in a warzone (3/4 in a ranked game) holding my head from bubbles popping around me.

You really think Marauder/Sent is OP? Roll one, and know what it's like to be focused by 3 ranged dudes, and the guy you're trying to fight all at once.

The biggest travesty of the Warrior/JK class is what BW have done to Rage/Focus. It really doesn't make any sense and IMO takes a lot of skill out of the hands of the player and puts it back into gear and counting to 4.

But still the Warrior/JK class is the hardest to do well with in the game (barring Merc which is just totally broken).

BTW: I have all the above mentioned classes geared, and I favour none of them. I never used to post in these asinine threads but since the nerf to Annihilation I am convinced BW listen to these threads more than the actual performance of their creations.

I only read the first page so forgive me if someone has already mentioned this:

Assuming your of similar skill and gear as a marauder you bump into during a WZ all you need to do is pop a cd and kite or do what ever it is you normally do... keep an eye out for his undying rage buff and then cc him/her, take two steps back wait for his/her buff to drop then carry on till their dead... You'll only have problems if you panic and loose your sh*t altogether & spam all ur CC's in one go...

Marauders are just as easy to kill as any other class..... Try and get the jump on them first usually the person who instgates the fight tends to win... assuming your skilled and geared ofc!

Edited by RoninKetch

Just reading what you typed tells me you are completely clueless on how this class works. So going along with that, you are probably a terrible PvPer bc you dont know what other classes are actually using against you.

My favorite: "have multiple stun moves" Dude, they have the least stuns and no knock backs.

Pro tip: Do not 1v1 them they will kill you every time. That is thier specialty.

Really?

1. They have two stuns, Force Choke and Intimidating Roar.

2. If they will kill you 1v1 "every time," how are they not OP? :rak_02:

Was playing a warzone against 5 sentinels and 3 sages, it was insane how fast these sentinels were killing everyone with there burst damage, I couldn't even get my heals off fast enough to save anyone. IMO they need to toned down either their defensive abilities or there offensive abilities, if your going to give them the ability to absorb all damage for several seconds and go stealth with a short CD then you need to lower there burst damage a bit or leave there burst damage alone but lower their survivability a bit

I've had it with this ongoing hysteria against Marauders....

Intentionally over the last weeks I count how many 'Warrior' classes there are when I lowbie PVP.... it's like 1-2 on average.... sometimes more, sometimes none.

Why is that?

Because it sucks being the only visible melee in all these open maps. I'm just tired of these relentless, clueless 'nerf' threads.

I'm seeing TONS of sorcs/mages. TONS of them... nerf 'em all. I spend half my bloody time in a warzone (3/4 in a ranked game) holding my head from bubbles popping around me.

You really think Marauder/Sent is OP? Roll one, and know what it's like to be focused by 3 ranged dudes, and the guy you're trying to fight all at once.

Or maybe there are a ton of them because everyone knows sorcs offer a real pvp challenge.

Or maybe there are a ton of them because everyone knows sorcs offer a real pvp challenge.

Well I can honestly say since the last patch I do a lot better on my Sorc than my marauder, or Jugg (all 50). I refuse to play rage spec any longer, so there's that.

In hybrid spec as a sorc not a lot of solo marauders can really do too much to me unless I've completely spent everything, or am getting gang focused. And that's fine.

But as a warrior type I now find it far more difficult to simply be effective (again in non-smash). I am still solo queing (marauder) and counting the warriors in zones, and it keeps getting smaller. (I was level 49 yesterday).

I strongly believe with stun bubble spec and ranged superiority is coming back, at least on my server. To be melee is to be 'invisible' or continually stunned to death.

With my Sorc I don't even bother with full Madness anymore. I'll take the slight DPS hit for survivablity and between force run and my CC's I tend to frustrate a LOT of warrior types now, and it was not that way 2 patches ago where I relied on a 'root -and- run' tactic.

Edited by Krozis

My advice is, stop opening with stuns on marauders/sentinels. Every time I run up to someone, they open up with stuns on me. I am full resolve before I can even blink. After that I just proceed to destroy them since they have no way to interrupt my combos anymore.