Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, you took my name egrey, I was gonna call my gunslinger that, you are so mean. Okay, I wasn't going to do that. so, basically we create a new character for this event and run them through the various events as they happen? What if we start one of light and one of dark, do both count? Erm, I'm guessing it probably does, but sometimes my logical conclusions are adrift.

So we have to create another character when some of us have already more than enough. Great just great. I have already done so many of the KOTFE stuff on two of my characters that I am not particularly thrilled if I have to do this all over again.

There seems to be a serious flaw in this as it seems to be we have to start a new character just for this and I am not sure any new companion is worth it.

And can different characters get the rewards

I.E. My sorcerer/assasin is pure dark

My jedi is pure light

Do those count separtely?

Edited by casirabit

• Dev Post
Dear Muscoman,

Are these goals retroactive? So for example if you already leveled all classes to 50.

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

Hey Eric. Anything in place for people who have no free character spots?

DarthYunman,

-eric

Are you serious? I have all 40 slots filled on my server. I don't have the space for this.

You're telling me that I have to make 8 new characters to reach level 50 with for the last reward tier, even though I already had that for 4 years now???

Edited by BenKatarn

What about character slots? I have 20+ toons and I've done all the class quests multiple times since launch.

I have no problem making a new toon and starting fresh - but to get legendary you must complete 8, so 8 more toons?!?!

DarthYunman,

-eric

Do we have to complete all the tasks on the same server/legacy or can we do them across servers?

I do have two small questions about this event, and they might start to become issues depending on the answer.

The first question: Are the leveling requirements retroactive? It says the only eligible characters are the ones created on or after that date. What about people who already have full servers? Are those people supposed to spent tons of CC on character slot unlocks? Or are we supposed to leave entire guilds behind to level on different servers?

The second question: Why does this event sound like yet another promotion for the already existing content we've been doing for months, but it only adds some new content in form of rewards during fall? I hate to admit it, but there's not a single drop of active content in that thing which we haven't been doing for months - some of us even for years. Are we supposed to do all of that again (PvP,PvE,Crafting, filling a legacy) on a different server? Was there really no way this event could've introduced a single new game mechanic or activity?

I guess I know what I will be doing. Play those two female Jedi/Sith I've been meaning to level with new races (Togruta/Sith), and then run the Jedi through the EC once. I might get around to the last tier, but I really don't feel like running all heroics/operations/events - again.

The idea is definitely interesting, but I get seriously discouraged by how this doesn't introduce a single new activity or quest for us.

DarthYunman,

-eric

So essentially I need to run through the game on a Pub and Imp toon all over again to get these rewards? That sounds... poorly planned. I mean, the rewards are cool and all, but I'm not sure I want any of them THAT bad.

• Dev Post
Query: you don't need every achievement to be on the same Legacy for each reward tier, do you?

Answer: Each level's objectives are tracked through the Legacy Achievement system. This means that you must finish the objectives within one Legacy in order to complete them.

-eric

Do we have to complete all the tasks on the same server/legacy or can we do them across servers?

This, and: How long does this event go? I may be blind or in need of polishing my screen, but I can't find any information on the duration of the event.

Greetings

Fina

€dit: legacy issue has been answered already

Edited by Braggalo
already answered in part

What about character slots? I have 20+ toons and I've done all the class quests multiple times since launch.

I have no problem making a new toon and starting fresh - but to get legendary you must complete 8, so 8 more toons?!?!

Oh man - I didn't see that part. Oh well, cool event idea, but that makes it a wash for me. There's no way I'm going 8 toons to 50. Shame, seemed like a cool idea, but I'm not going to play into the metric that lets them think we want even MORE asinine grinding of four year old content.

Answer: Each level's objectives are tracked through the Legacy Achievement system. This means that you must finish the objectives within one Legacy in order to complete them.

Which effectively means people with full character slots are supposed to reroll on an entirely different server just for the purpose of this event. Don't tell me this is "better than cross-server"...

This, and: How long does this event go? I may be blind or in need of polishing my screen, but I can't find any information on the duration of the event.

Greetings

Fina

€dit: legacy issue has been answered already

I'm guessing until December, the 5th anniversary is in December.

How do these tier levels work?

Can I get the Valiant "Revan" and "Home Sweet Home" Objectives and the Champion "Flashpoint Expert" and "Valor" Objectives and then the Eternal "Republic Icon" and "Imperial Icon" Objectives without having to inflict KotFE on that character and do any of those associated Objectives?

Does each tier have to be completed in full including KotFE or PVP or any objectives people may not want to touch at all?

-eric

And if you already have the legacy achievement?

Now another situation that you are going to create with this:

Plaguebearer

To complete the objective “Plaguebearer”, you must take a Dark vs. Light event character and infect five other players with the Rakghoul plague during the Rakghoul Resurgence event. In order to infect another player with the Rakghoul plague, you must first get the plague yourself. To get the plague, simply fight against Rakghouls during the Rakghoul Resurgence event. If you need help in finding Rakghouls, please refer to the “Living Plague” objective listed above.

With the plague contracted, you will continually get more and more sick until finally your character will explode. This explosion will kill your character and spread the plague to anyone in the immediate area who does not have the plague.

Once your Character has spread the Rakghoul plague to five other players, you will receive the Achievement “Dark vs. Light: Plaguebearer” to note that you have completed this objective.

We already have had people complaining (very loudly) about this and you are now encouraging people to do this. This is going to create a major drama with some people.

Which effectively means people with full character slots are supposed to reroll on an entirely different server just for the purpose of this event. Don't tell me this is "better than cross-server"...

Don't be silly...just delete 8.

DarthYunman,

-eric

I really hope you change your minds on that. Most people aren't going to want to reroll a complete set of 8 characters just to do this event.