Warzone gear requirement, please?

Black-Cell

I'm so sick of players entering a warzone wearing pve gear. More specifically, I hate when people wear level 30-40 type-green gear! Then they go and complain about the rest of the team sucking. If someone is wearing Blackhole or Rakata .... fine, I'll accept that over the green stuff! What the heck? The game should have a minimum requirement of expertise rating to que. >< Sorry, off my soap box now!

I don't think I've ever come across a person wearing lvl 30-40 greens in a lvl 50 WZ. I do however believe that people are exaggerating the whole thing.

How about we look at all those in full BM/WH who still suck, there are far more of those than there are players in "greens". I was in a game this morning where six of my team mates couldnt break 90K dps and only one of them was a healer. None of them were in "greens". I say we weed out the bad players instead.

if you want to control peoples gear stats go and run your own premade, its exceedingly unlikely that one persons sub par gear will be make or break for a match anyway so stop crying about other people and concentrate on your own "skillz"

I always run my own premade. We are all full war hero or close to it. Hard for all of us to be baby sitting other players in their horrible gear. Sure it's "unlikely" but very possible and does happen. Focusing on myself is a selfish thing as pvp wz are teamwork based games so not sure why you would say something like that. there's only so much a premade can do. Smh

]I always run my own premade. We are all full war hero or close to it.[/b] Hard for all of us to be baby sitting other players in their horrible gear. Sure it's "unlikely" but very possible and does happen. Focusing on myself is a selfish thing as pvp wz are teamwork based games so not sure why you would say something like that. there's only so much a premade can do. Smh

Then what's your problem?

Your statement here seems to be a complete contradiction of your OP.

there's only so much a premade can do.

So get your own 8-man team and queue ranked to stop your own QQ at other people's experience. Then you'll only have yourself to blame and we won't have to read these threads anymore.

OR (and this is the smart and respectful thing to do):

EDUCATE THE PLAYERS YOU THINK ARE SUB-PAR AT PVP. It's not a difficult concept, guys.. I think people are just too lazy to give a **** about educating/helping players reach their full potential and just expect that no one needs help.

Edited by BennyKrak

I'm so sick of players entering a warzone wearing pve gear. More specifically, I hate when people wear level 30-40 type-green gear! Then they go and complain about the rest of the team sucking. If someone is wearing Blackhole or Rakata .... fine, I'll accept that over the green stuff! What the heck? The game should have a minimum requirement of expertise rating to que. >< Sorry, off my soap box now!

Yes, and it is so easy to implement. Bioware knows the lowest expertise rating for the recruitgear and they already have a "afk checker" in play during playtime in warzones. Lets have it check that the player atleast have the lowest possible expertise rating obtainable by recruitgear.

If the player que without expertise there could be a check if the player wears the FREE gear and if the player changes gear during warzone it can be checked when the player enters the respawn.

When I logged on the testserver all my characters were offered a recruitgear version II for free with no cash token as alternative. I hope this will be the same on live version because then the player has no reason then to take the recruitgear version II and wear it. The recruitgear armor is valued at 1 credit on the testserver so there is no reason to sell it for profit, the weapons are worth 800ish credits but that is no huge sum to gain.

I understand that some people value the "look" over actually helping the team to win but in warzone PvP it is all about teamplay and no soloplay however you actually look at it.

Edited by Icestar

How does that help the player that doesn't know where the quest for free recruit is?

Q'd a few times on my pve geared toons and have done fine, either topping healing or damage with alot less deaths than some of the "pro" warheroes.

Can't make s system that discriminates.

such elitism will only serve to drive players away. So no.

having a gear requirement for warzones would only serve to exclude people, and if they can't play they can't get gear and soon you will be playing with yourself......

but how it is excluding them, when recruit gear is free?

cost isn't the point.

if people wanna play in the wrong gear let them, farm them for medals and move along

they will learn, or not as the case may be.

My sent hasn't got any PvP gear, I don't use him in pvp..... at the moment

Should I be stopped from using him if I change my mind a year down the road?

No.

should anyone?

No.

How does that help the player that doesn't know where the quest for free recruit is?

Q'd a few times on my pve geared toons and have done fine, either topping healing or damage with alot less deaths than some of the "pro" warheroes.

Can't make s system that discriminates.

Lets pause here for a moment and think?

Firstly, the quest for the recruit is from the same terminal that every PvP quest comes from, it completes instantly and the gear can be worn within a few seconds. If a player somehow has missed this terminal I am sure that he/she will find it very easy if that person cares about playing warzone PvP. If that is still to hard I am sure that Bioware can help by implementing a help option to find it.

Secondly, Bioware has already put expertise in play and it is the outmost important stat when it comes to PvP. Why they did it can be discussed but the fact how it works can not. Every PvP player has to be aware of it since it is basic gamemechanics.

Thirdly, the system does not discriminate anyone that has the same option/opportunity to get the gear for free. If that player chooses to ignore it then it is more about the player then the actual interest to play warzones. If a system checks for basic expertise that every player can obtain for free is not discrimination it is simply a help/reminder for the player to use what is given to them.

Edited by Icestar

cost isn't the point.

if people wanna play in the wrong gear let them, farm them for medals and move along

they will learn, or not as the case may be.

My sent hasn't got any PvP gear, I don't use him in pvp..... at the moment

Should I be stopped from using him if I change my mind a year down the road?

No.

should anyone?

No.

how is it fair to the rest of the team when someone queues with 100 expertise? sure the opposing faction gets to farm them for medals. . .but how is that good for the team that he gets queued with?

you absolutely should be stopped from queuing if you dont have the proper gear. devs have said they wont let us queue for hard mode operations because there's no tech in place to check for gear. you know they will add this soon. so to go by what you said

should i be stopped from queuing for hard mode explosive conflict because i choose to queue in level 49 greens. . .or pvp recruit gear?

you can't be so narrow minded and think of just yourself man. think about your team, think about the rest of your raid. there's a simple fix for the PvE portion, the raid puts that person on ignore and they NEVER have to be put on the same group with that person again. PvPers dont get that privilege. warzone queues do NOT respect the ignore list and that's complete BS

so yes, you SHOULD be stopped from queuing in level 49 greens and EVEN rakata gear. recruit gear is FREE and if you weren't so selfish to grab that credit token, you'd actually be helping your team, instead of hindering them

It's a matter of people getting to know what they need for PvP compared to PvE. I do warzones with a friend that doesn't have as much expertise as my sorcerer does, I keep static barrier up on both of us as much as possible and we bring in the medals and an average of 250K damage each. Gear does matter in warzones put it takes a long time to get enough commendations to get a full set of war hero gear unless you are using a premade.

how is it fair to the rest of the team when someone queues with 100 expertise? sure the opposing faction gets to farm them for medals. . .but how is that good for the team that he gets queued with?

you absolutely should be stopped from queuing if you dont have the proper gear. devs have said they wont let us queue for hard mode operations because there's no tech in place to check for gear. you know they will add this soon. so to go by what you said

should i be stopped from queuing for hard mode explosive conflict because i choose to queue in level 49 greens. . .or pvp recruit gear?

you can't be so narrow minded and think of just yourself man. think about your team, think about the rest of your raid. there's a simple fix for the PvE portion, the raid puts that person on ignore and they NEVER have to be put on the same group with that person again. PvPers dont get that privilege. warzone queues do NOT respect the ignore list and that's complete BS

so yes, you SHOULD be stopped from queuing in level 49 greens and EVEN rakata gear. recruit gear is FREE and if you weren't so selfish to grab that credit token, you'd actually be helping your team, instead of hindering them

You are simply wrong.

As for PVE and raiding anyone can join the queue, regardless of gear. Just because you or I have ignored them doesn't mean they won't get into an op.

Humans learn more from failure than from success, If they choose to fail then let them.

Rather than attempt to keep these people out why don't you take a second and help them.

That's what I do,

you know... thinking of others

rather than myself

You are simply wrong.

As for PVE and raiding anyone can join the queue, regardless of gear. Just because you or I have ignored them doesn't mean they won't get into an op.

Humans learn more from failure than from success, If they choose to fail then let them.

Rather than attempt to keep these people out why don't you take a second and help them.

That's what I do,

you know... thinking of others

rather than myself

I'm glad you have all the time in the world to help everyone on the street corner. Sorry but I'm busy, even now I'm at work, making a living(awesome job right? lol). I've said it in other threads, I might get 4 warzones in per day if I'm lucky, due to REAL LIFE responsibilities. I will not be Mr Sensitive and hold the hand of some noob that doesn't know he should get his recruit gear. I'm not his Mother, and I will not treat anyone like that, nor expect anyone to treat me like that.

In this age of participation trophies for everyone to keep their ego inflated. . .it's only going to end badly for them when they get out in the real world and see that their ego won't help them pay their bills and put a roof over their head.

Want to help them so they know they need expertise? Have an error message pop up when they try to queue that says 'you need X number of expertise points in order to queue, please visit the pvp vendor for your free gear'. lol I dont know how easier it can be. If they already picked their credit token, then they should have to grind dailies for credits just to buy an actual set of recruit armor, JUST LIKE everyone grinds for PvE gear

oh right, and you simply are wrong :rolleyes: I dunno how I can be wrong for stating an opinion of how I think it should work. I guess you just have that kind of ego from all those participation trophies to think that you're always right and everyone else is always wrong

Edited by FourTwent

1400-1500MAIN would be sufficient. The "greens" is a joke, but if you are in PvE with main in that realm, then you are fine, or as fine as you can be at the time (having no WZ comms).

I say we weed out the bad players instead.
:D Like respawning/speeder left when calls are being made to help right or when you take NE and no one bothers trying to recapture NW, while we delaying at NW... C'mon people....

I'm glad you have all the time in the world to help everyone on the street corner. Sorry but I'm busy, even now I'm at work, making a living(awesome job right? lol). I've said it in other threads, I might get 4 warzones in per day if I'm lucky, due to REAL LIFE responsibilities. I will not be Mr Sensitive and hold the hand of some noob that doesn't know he should get his recruit gear. I'm not his Mother, and I will not treat anyone like that, nor expect anyone to treat me like that.

In this age of participation trophies for everyone to keep their ego inflated. . .it's only going to end badly for them when they get out in the real world and see that their ego won't help them pay their bills and put a roof over their head.

Want to help them so they know they need expertise? Have an error message pop up when they try to queue that says 'you need X number of expertise points in order to queue, please visit the pvp vendor for your free gear'. lol I dont know how easier it can be. If they already picked their credit token, then they should have to grind dailies for credits just to buy an actual set of recruit armor, JUST LIKE everyone grinds for PvE gear

oh right, and you simply are wrong :rolleyes: I dunno how I can be wrong for stating an opinion of how I think it should work. I guess you just have that kind of ego from all those participation trophies to think that you're always right and everyone else is always wrong

You get more playtime than I do, and I can help people. (six 12's a week bub, and a family)

You are wrong because discrimination is in and of itself wrong.

If you are too shortsighted to see that your preferred method would eventually leave you waiting forever alone for queue to pop then perhaps you need a new hobby to dedicate your precious free time to.

Good day to you

Are you sure that a gearpiece without expertise is actually better then recruit version II against another player?

No idea about the upcoming recruit set, i hope they made it so it's actually better then all PVE gear. The current one is, mathematically speaking, worse than Rakata until a pretty high number of healing received, for BH / Campaign teh healing you'd have to receive would be absolutely unreasonable.