Is darth marr going to betray the empire?

ComanderBrady

Well sorry for speculating.

No harm in speculating. ;)

If you're interesting in knowing who and what is behind the whole thing surround the new story arc, read the stuff below.

If you're NOT interested, avoid it like the plague.

Both Colonel Dark and Darth Arkous are apparently Revanites; Whether they are in league with the organization you came to know in Dromund Kaas or if they're a separate sect entirely, who broke away from the main organization, is another matter.

There is also some stuff concerning DARTH Revan. Notice the "Darth" before the name... I doubt it's there by accident.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

No harm in speculating. ;)

If you're interesting in knowing who and what is behind the whole thing surround the new story arc, read the stuff below.

If you're NOT interested, avoid it like the plague.

Both Colonel Dark and Darth Arkous are apparently Revanites; Whether they are in league with the organization you came to know in Dromund Kaas or if they're a separate sect entirely, who broke away from the main organization, is another matter.

There is also some stuff concerning DARTH Revan. Notice the "Darth" before the name... I doubt it's there by accident.

Mmmh cool guess I was in the wrong frame of mind with this I almost forgot about the revanites.

Anyway thanks for the constructive response i like this theory :D

Marr is more likely to betray the Emperor when he inevitably manages to come back from the Twilight Zone and reform his essence.

ie, I have a feeling that we're heading for a plot point that involves the Republic & Empire mutually acting to defeat the Emperor once it becomes clear he has no one's interests at heart except his own.

That's where we'll see a split between the "noble" Sith (siding with the Empire's greater good) and the "evil" Sith (siding with the Emperor for personal power).

Edited by SW_display_name

Well if that is the case will the empire be a split faction like the loyalists and the separatists. Loyal being power hungry sith and separatist being noble sith ?
No, I have no idea, don't take my idle speculation as gospel about the story direction. :p

I would imagine more of a Dread Masters thing where everyone realizes "Oh. The Emperor is kind of trying to kill us. That's bad." and then you have the ensuing political upheaval with the Dark Council becoming the true rulers of the Empire, instead of sneaking around under the Emperor's nose.

Then yes, you'd probably end up with a lot of factionalism going on, since even with the Emperor intact you had tons of infighting and factionalism (Baras, Thanaton, Zash, Grathan, Malgus, Ikoral, that one Sith from the H4 on Dromund Kaas I can't remember despite doing the mission like 20 times, because I have brain damage, etc).

Official confirmation that there's a power vacuum would send the Empire into a total frenzy of power-grabbing.

Marr is more likely to betray the Emperor when he inevitably manages to come back from the Twilight Zone and reform his essence.

ie, I have a feeling that we're heading for a plot point that involves the Republic & Empire mutually acting to defeat the Emperor once it becomes clear he has no one's interests at heart except his own.

That's where we'll see a split between the "noble" Sith (siding with the Empire's greater good) and the "evil" Sith (siding with the Emperor for personal power).

Though I do agree to this as well and have a feeling that Yavin-IV will play a role somehow, Darth Marr does imply at the end of Makeb that he - somehow(!) - knows what the Emperor is up to.

Hell, it's possible he ALWAYS knew but chose not to act upon it.

If the above is the case, it raises a whole new cadre of questions. After all, if your Imperial Agent...

Chooses to become the Hand of Jadus and goes on that little detour on Hoth to act as his Hand, Darth Jadus pretty much implies that he is now fully aware of what the Emperor is planning and that he intends to survive it, though he fails to share any specifics.

Is it possible that Darth Marr was in a similar position? Or maybe he was willing to accept his fate, seeing that he didn't even expect to outlive Thanaton?

So many questions; I love this game. :D

@SW_display_name:

Lord Tytonus? :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It is my strong suspicion that it's not just heroic luck that allowed the Jedi Knight to mysteriously swoop into Dromund Kaas, land, assault the city itself, get all the way to the Dark Temple, all the way inside, and take his/her sweet time murdering the Emperor (and saving idiot companions), then head all the way back, then fly off DK into hyperspace ... without any serious opposition from the Sith or the Empire at large.

ie, I don't think Scourge acted alone in betraying the Emperor, even if Scourge himself thought he was acting alone.

Knowing the Jedi's plans and simply looking the other way is a convenient, blameless way for anyone aware of the Emperor's ultimate goals to get rid of him without any risk of execution or finger-pointing.

Especially considering the Emperor's history of purging entire Dark Councils / powerbases as retribution for a few transgressions — just let the Jedi keep trying. Sooner or later someone will succeed...

It is my strong suspicion that it's not just heroic luck that allowed the Jedi Knight to mysteriously swoop into Dromund Kaas, land, assault the city itself, get all the way to the Dark Temple, all the way inside, and take his/her sweet time murdering the Emperor (and saving idiot companions), then head all the way back, then fly off DK into hyperspace ... without any serious opposition from the Sith or the Empire at large.

ie, I don't think Scourge acted alone in betraying the Emperor, even if Scourge himself thought he was acting alone.

Knowing the Jedi's plans and simply looking the other way is a convenient, blameless way for anyone aware of the Emperor's ultimate goals to get rid of him without any risk of execution or finger-pointing.

Especially considering the Emperor's history of purging entire Dark Councils / powerbases as retribution for a few transgressions — just let the Jedi keep trying. Sooner or later someone will succeed...

If you play the Imperial Agent story and pay attention to some of the stuff going on, it is implied that the Star Cabal aided the Jedi, namely Master Tol-Braga, in reaching the Emperor during the original assault on his Space Station. See below...

Is it fair to assume that this is the very same warehouse that Cipher Nine raided in Nar Shaddaa, as a test to see if he had what it took to join the SiS? I can't find that part in YT but there's a moment during the raid where Chance steps aside and Hunter says that he needs more time to "slice-in deeper". Coincidence much? :cool:

When this attack failed, they yet again aided the Jedi - though the exact details are unclear - in reaching Dromund Kaas.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/black-codex-the-star-cabals-endgame-agent/1166/

And I quote...

(...) The Jedi intend to move against the Emperor himself, and all that’s left for us is to clear the way. (...)

It is also possible the above is still a reference to the original attack to the Emperor's Space Station; It is not explicitly stated who wrote the message but I assume it was the Shining Man, most likely before he departed to Voss.

BTW, I do not believe that Tol-Braga was a part of the Star Cabal mind you but I do believe that he was approached by some unknown benefactor - probably the Prince for example - and said person provided the data for the Jedi to stage the original attack.

Concerning Lord...

Scourge, I have mixed feelings about it.

He has served the Emperor for 300 years or so yet he is completely oblivious to the existence of the Emperor's Voice? I can think of a few explanations but even so...

1 ) He has a hidden agenda and only sought to weaken the Emperor, not destroy him.

2 ) Darth Acina claims at one point that the Wrath receives information on a need-to-know basis. Even so, this is a stretch IMHO...

3 ) The Voice is never brought up as if NOT to spoil the whole storyline segment to anyone who doesn't have a SW and thus hasn't experienced the story yet.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You may be correct about the writers' intentions as handwaving the Star Cabal into doing everything relevant in Chapter 3, but I guess I find that explanation so extremely unsatisfying — it really makes both the Republic and Empire look like complete and total idiots.

Like, I can believe the Cabal pulling strings here-and-there to nudge galactic events into happening "their" way (similar to the GenoHaradan), but there's limits to the plausibility for me.

Somehow making all of Dromund Kaas basically bend over and spread itself for the Jedi Knight's Force-lubed heroism is reaching like, Fight Club levels of "EVERYONE'S SECRETLY A MEMBER!"

It's not implausible from a meta-perspective of "The writers were tired and needed an explanation so they could make JK feel like a badash", but in-universe it bothers me.

So I cross my lekku that there's actually more to it, and Sith like Baras, Marr, etc. — all with a vested interest in the power of the Council and the Empire, in opposition to the Emperor — were aware or at least suspect, if not outright complicit, in the Jedi's plans.

It's a lot more satisfying to imagine everyone quietly folding their hands and pretending to be 'busy' elsewhere while the Jedi do their dirty work for them, especially knowing that Baras' plans had successfully crippled the Emperor in a number of ways and that his Wrath was AWOL / traitorous.

Basically they saw all this stuff coming together as "perfect timing" and just kind of smirked, with a typical Sith attitude of "deal with the consequences later".

But maybe I'm hoping for too much depth to this one. :(

You may be correct about the writers' intentions as handwaving the Star Cabal into doing everything relevant in Chapter 3, but I guess I find that explanation so extremely unsatisfying — it really makes both the Republic and Empire look like complete and total idiots.

Like, I can believe the Cabal pulling strings here-and-there to nudge galactic events into happening "their" way (similar to the GenoHaradan), but there's limits to the plausibility for me.

Somehow making all of Dromund Kaas basically bend over and spread itself for the Jedi Knight's Force-lubed heroism is reaching like, Fight Club levels of "EVERYONE'S SECRETLY A MEMBER!"

It's not implausible from a meta-perspective of "The writers were tired and needed an explanation so they could make JK feel like a badash", but in-universe it bothers me.

So I cross my lekku that there's actually more to it, and Sith like Baras, Marr, etc. — all with a vested interest in the power of the Council and the Empire, in opposition to the Emperor — were aware or at least suspect, if not outright complicit, in the Jedi's plans.

It's a lot more satisfying to imagine everyone quietly folding their hands and pretending to be 'busy' elsewhere while the Jedi do their dirty work for them, especially knowing that Baras' plans had successfully crippled the Emperor in a number of ways and that his Wrath was AWOL / traitorous.

Basically they saw all this stuff coming together as "perfect timing" and just kind of smirked, with a typical Sith attitude of "deal with the consequences later".

I wish I had lekku to cross, but I'm a sith pureblood :p

It should be pointed out that the Jedi and the Republic didn't lead an incursion to DK to conquer the planet or anything; It was merely a ruse to buy time for the JK so that the latter could reach Kaas City, get to the Dark Temple and strike down the Emperor.

Plus, remember Lord Tytonus? Is it fair to assume the stuff below was still a reality by then?

After all, the Empire were in the brink of loosing 1/10 of its forces on Corellia and they hadn't pulled off from their Core Worlds offensive.

Regardless, I wouldn't say it makes the Republic or Empire feel clueless per se but rather so focused on what's standing in front of them that they completely disregard their rear. How else could the Sacking of Coruscant happen? Or the Jedi's short-lived raid into Dromund Kaas, even after the whole failed incursion by Lord Tytonus?

Also, it's not like the Star Cabal didn't have a lot of higher ups here and there placed in the right places, both inside the Republic and Military hierarchy, not to mention people like Leksende at Czerka, Kolovish on Tython or even Hunter fooling both the SiS and Imperial Intelligence, since he was ALSO infiltrated in the latter as Minder 17.

In other words, what I guess I'm trying to say is that I doubt Baras was ever aware of their existence but his groundwork on Voss does indicate something: That the Star Cabal, for all their might and power, are not exactly infallible, even before their plans started to fall apart during Operation: Armageddon.

Seeing that Baras had managed to trap the Voice there, is it safe to assume that he had it planned by decades(!!!) in advance? Way before both the Empire and Republic discovered the planet? Star Cabal included? I mean, who else could Sel-Makor be referring to, if not Baras himself?

Malgus, on the other hand, took his time really...

I have serious doubt he actively collaborated with Republic forces preceding the Emperor's Voice downfall on Kaas City but it's fairly evident he manipulated a few pieces here and there, namely ensuring he held control of whatever technology was salvageable from the Foundry, securing an alliance with numerous alien species over the years and applying some elbow grease here and there, being Darth Serevin case in point.

Regardless, I'm curious to see if they're ever going somewhere concerning the connection between the GenoHaradan and Chancellor Saresh. I find her really, really creppy like.

Edited by Darth_Wicked