lightside/darkside sometimes choosing wrong?...

Orcjedi

i just started a male sith zabrak jugg and i really cant decide if to go light or dark..wondering if that happens to others? or im the only one xD can i get back the points i want if i change my mind later?

I can never decide if I want to be light side or dark side on my own. I start playing the character and try to immerse myself, then just choose dialogue choices that make sense for the character. Everything flows much more organically that way without having to force light side or dark side choices. I can always farm LS or DS points for mechanics later.

I can never decide if I want to be light side or dark side on my own. I start playing the character and try to immerse myself, then just choose dialogue choices that make sense for the character. Everything flows much more organically that way without having to force light side or dark side choices. I can always farm LS or DS points for mechanics later.

guess ur right ty :D

I develop a personality similar to the general RP's good/bad roles. (Similar to this.)

Basically, this means they'll lean towards either light, dark, or the neutral option, but will have exceptions where they may go with the opposite. This adds a lot more depth to your characters and could even improve your experience of the storyline. It will definitely seem much less cliché.

Basically, this means they'll lean towards either light, dark, or the neutral option, but will have exceptions where they may go with the opposite. This adds a lot more depth to your characters and could even improve your experience of the storyline. It will definitely seem much less cliché.

This is what I like to do, get a few ground rules and then choose a side.

For instance:

Light Shadow but I kill every Sith, BH that can't be bought out of a contract, a dark but efficient

Jugg.

And even after you have chosen, characters can change their views and motifs.

My Sorc went from a dark crazy killer to a dark yet merciful to people who were helpful.

BH took everyone alive except when she wanted revenge.

This is what I like to do, get a few ground rules and then choose a side.

For instance:

Light Shadow but I kill every Sith, BH that can't be bought out of a contract, a dark but efficient

Jugg.

And even after you have chosen, characters can change their views and motifs.

My Sorc went from a dark crazy killer to a dark yet merciful to people who were helpful.

BH took everyone alive except when she wanted revenge.

Yeah, I'm currently levelling a Marauder.

He will attempt to save lives as often as possible, add them to his powerbase. He seeks power, and will do what is necessary to gain more. However, he's not afraid to kill one who stands in his way of rising up the ranks.

Edited by jedimasterjac

I don't think this game does a good job of categorizing what is good or bad - but then again i believe 'good' and 'bad' are relative to each individual and you can't really categorize it. Which is why I believe they should do away with the alignment system and just make it a cosmetic option. The whole alignment system restricts the character from acting how they want to by punishing them with unwanted points, and in a sense also breaking immersion. I know I am right and have a lot of valid points, please support me on this and help the devs change this if you agree. Also if we allow the game to tell us what is good and bad we are just becoming subject to the view points of the game devs rather then being individuals in the star wars universe. Edited by Cathest

honestly though, reading this thread has encouraged me to just ignore my alignment points (people can't see them anyways right?) and just play how I feel is right and enjoy it 100%. besides alignment doesn't give anything that's worth a damn anyways. Thank you for this thread. I will make a brand new character and turn off alignment notifications and just be ME

honestly though, reading this thread has encouraged me to just ignore my alignment points (people can't see them anyways right?) and just play how I feel is right and enjoy it 100%. besides alignment doesn't give anything that's worth a damn anyways. Thank you for this thread. I will make a brand new character and turn off alignment notifications and just be ME

This is the best attitude. "farming" points (both alignment and/or companion affection) leads to a lot of idiotic conversation choices. Just think of what your character would say and/or do and do it - don't worry about the points.

You can always pick up the Diplomacy crewskill later on if you wish to max out to Light or Dark side :)

Exactly. I might actually turn off the LS/DS indicators completely since they really don't affect my choices at all anyway. When you take light side choices just because light side (or vice versa for dark side) you wind up making a lot of really strange, even stupid decisions. Add to it that Bioware couldn't seem to decide if light side/dark side are based on thoughtfulness and forethought or raw emotional impulse, or some subjective idea of morality.

OP, the game's light side and dark side choices seem to fairly consistently confuse light side and dark side with morality or emotion and offers us some jumbled, hard to decipher mixture of the two. Just pick the choices that you think your character would make. I had a sith juggernaut who was more or less honorable and trustworthy, but at the same time still wound up somewhere far on the dark side spectrum. But instead of feeling like a character shoehorned into evil dark side simply because it's expected of the character, he felt more relatable, organic, and human. I'm seeing the same with my consular right now, mostly light side but now and then I get dark side points for pragmatism, politics, or tying off dangerous loose ends that ought not be left to do whatever it is they did again.

I don't think this game does a good job of categorizing what is good or bad - but then again i believe 'good' and 'bad' are relative to each individual and you can't really categorize it. Which is why I believe they should do away with the alignment system and just make it a cosmetic option. The whole alignment system restricts the character from acting how they want to by punishing them with unwanted points, and in a sense also breaking immersion. I know I am right and have a lot of valid points, please support me on this and help the devs change this if you agree. Also if we allow the game to tell us what is good and bad we are just becoming subject to the view points of the game devs rather then being individuals in the star wars universe.

agree with you.. sometimes i wanna give an answer i would give.. but when i choose that answer my companion doesnt like it.. sometimes it sucks.