Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

NathanielCline

Which is why its even more absurd that he used the term "fanboy" concerning those who felt Revan's ending was lacking. You don't even have to be a fan of Revan to have that opinion. Yet again the real mystery is why people feel the urge to make such accusations when any discussion favorable towards Revan arises...

And like I said, I have my theories.

Revan's ending wasn't the greatest. I still believe he should have died against the Emperor. Then, at least, he would have had a good ending.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd respectfully disagree that that is the explanation behind Revan fanboys or even fans. And a character lacking in depth is one to be overlooked, not despised and/or attacked.

But I'm not interested in having this discussion anyway, expressing my thoughts would not alter any opinions.

Then what? He's not an interesting character. He's not uber-mega-powerful force god like Sidious or Luke, quite literally the only reason is because he's so permeable that he becomes the player.

And you still don't understand. No one hates Revan, they hate the Revan fanboys.

Revan's ending wasn't the greatest. I still believe he should have died against the Emperor. Then, at least, he would have had a good ending.
I think death at the hands of the Emperor would have been lack luster as well. To be quite honest I think the entire Revan novel should have been written. Heck maybe one day I'll do it myself! :p

I think death at the hands of the Emperor would have been lack luster as well. To be quite honest I think the entire Revan novel should have been written. Heck maybe one day I'll do it myself! :p

A part of me wants to make a thread about the Revan novel and just how bad it is. Yeah, it would be late, but if I had done it earlier I would have been called 'troll' or other such nonsense. It's been done to death, so maybe I won't.

Back to the actual discussion. Revan's death at the hands of the Emperor would have been better for me, but my reasoning would only work if the novel had a little more logical thinking put into it (it's better than what I had written previously).

Gladly:

I don't get all these Revan fanbois.

They guy failed at absolutely everything he tried to do, bar killing Malak.

Here not only do you label those who appreciate Revan with a derogatory term, but you pass of this appreciation as illogical. That is to say you assert that anyone who is a fan of Revan is delusional. Just like one cannot say that 1 + 1 = 2 apparently Revan + Fan are incompatible and equally absurd. If that is not what you were trying to say, then perhaps you'd care to call off the dogs and stop hounding people for their personal and perfectly reasonable preferences.

I find the things you read out of that short statement very amusing. Most of the stuff you wrote down I didn't say or even hinted at.

Nor did I "Declare what people can like and dislike".

I said exactly what the writing says. That I don't get the Revan fanboys (Namely, the ones who proclaim he is some sort of invincible god and the most powerful force user ever).

As a response, you went on an epic (Sorry, there are no other or better words to describe it) Nerd rage, then proceeded to actually give me an answer directly related to my statement...

Why do I, personally like Revan? Because he's complex, he's flawed and he's human. Yet despite that carries a distinct sense of mystery and grandeur about him. I don't much care for his achievement and failings

.. before going into rage mode again.

I stated my opinion concerning Revan, that I don't see what is so special about the guy and that I don't get the "Revan fanbois".

If that is enough to get you on a rant like this, I really must have hit a nerve.

Edited by JeffrenBrek

Then what? He's not an interesting character. He's not uber-mega-powerful force god like Sidious or Luke, quite literally the only reason is because he's so permeable that he becomes the player.

And you still don't understand. No one hates Revan, they hate the Revan fanboys.

Perhaps you didn't read my comment, allow me to quote myself:

Why do I, personally like Revan? Because he's complex, he's flawed and he's human. Yet despite that carries a distinct sense of mystery and grandeur about him. I don't much care for his achievement and failings [or power]. Few do.

The character I rolled in KOTOR 1 is not Revan. Her name is Luna Organa, she reclaimed the mantle of the Dark Lord and took over the galaxy, before jumping into a wormwhole and reappearing several years prior as the Jedi Exile. :p

And I expect others would agree with me. Whose Revan really resembles the Revan resembled in lore? Few.

Edited by Beniboybling

Perhaps you didn't read my comment, allow me to quote myself:

Why do I, personally like Revan? Because he's complex, he's flawed and he's human. Yet despite that carries a distinct sense of mystery and grandeur about him. I don't much care for his achievement and failings [or power]. Few do.

The character I rolled in KOTOR 1 is not Revan. Her name is Luna Organa, she reclaimed the mantle of the Dark Lord and took over the galaxy, before jumping into a wormwhole and reappearing several years prior as the Jedi Exile. :p

And I expect others would agree with me. Whose Revan really resembles the Revan resembled in lore? Few.

Hm. My Revan was named PloKoon Rox. Pretty sure that's non-canon :D

A part of me wants to make a thread about the Revan novel and just how bad it is. Yeah, it would be late, but if I had done it earlier I would have been called 'troll' or other such nonsense. It's been done to death, so maybe I won't.

Back to the actual discussion. Revan's death at the hands of the Emperor would have been better for me, but my reasoning would only work if the novel had a little more logical thinking put into it (it's better than what I had written previously).

No one would call you a troll for trashing Revan, its bad, and does Revan as a character a gross disservice.

I won't reveal how I think it should have ended in case I actually do decide to write my own version. Lol, spoilers.

No one would call you a troll for trashing Revan, its bad, and does Revan as a character a gross disservice.

I won't reveal how I think it should have ended in case I actually do decide to write my own version. Lol, spoilers.

I await the announcement. In the meantime, I'll get to re-reading the novel (no I didn't find a way to get rid of it yet, it keeps coming back!).

I find the things you read out of that short statement very amusing. Most of the stuff you wrote down I didn't say or even hinted at.

Nor did I "Declare what people can like and dislike".

I said exactly what the writing says. That I don't get the Revan fanboys (Namely, the ones who proclaim he is some sort of invincible god and the most powerful force user ever).

As a response, you went on an epic (Sorry, there are no other or better words to describe it) Nerd rage, then proceeded to actually give me an answer directly related to my statement...

.. before going into rage mode again.

I stated my opinion concerning Revan, that I don't see what is so special about the guy and that I don't get the "Revan fanbois".

If that is enough to get you on a rant like this, I really must have hit a nerve.

So, let me get this straight. You decided to post on a thread discussing the poor handling of Revan's character with a statement that launches an attack (yes calling people derogatory names is a form of verbal abuse) on those who over inflate his abilities? Did you perhaps take a wrong turn? Or perhaps this isn't entirely truthful?

Yes, funnily enough, calling people fanboys tends to strike a nerve. And yes I do have a pet hate regarding incessant attempts to degrade Revan at every turn. That's two nerves. Especially when the crop up in threads that aren't even relevant. At least there is some logic behind actual Revan fanboyism, but Revan hate makes little sense whatsoever.

At the very least I hope my "nerd rage ranting" will deter others and perhaps even yourself from making such comments in the future. Because if you do I will continue to rage, until your ears bleed.

I named mine Darth Revan as a joke o_o

Sufficed to say, the line "I'm not Darth Revan, I'm Darth Revan!" cracked me up during the big reveal :p

But still, what do you think of when you hear Revan? Your Kotor character, it brings back memories. Why else do you think Revan can still be referred to as a "she" by accident.

And TBH, Most people in Kotor would have gone Lightside, you're a bit creepy for going DS, NGL, killing mission by forcing Zaalbar to execute her.... Just cruel :(

I await the announcement. In the meantime, I'll get to re-reading the novel (no I didn't find a way to get rid of it yet, it keeps coming back!).

*in her best Kate Leftbridge Steward voice*

We've submitted the book to temperatures of plus and minus 200 celcius, dropped it from 10,000 feet and rolled our best tank over it. No change.

(+500 internetz for anyone who gets the refference)

Edited by Selenial

So, let me get this straight. You decided to post on a thread discussing the poor handling of Revan's character with a statement that launches an attack (yes calling people derogatory names is a form of verbal abuse) on those who over inflate his abilities? Did you perhaps take a wrong turn? Or perhaps this isn't entirely truthful?

Yes, funnily enough, calling people fanboys tends to strike a nerve. And yes I do have a pet hate regarding incessant attempts to degrade Revan at every turn. That's two nerves. Especially when the crop up in threads that aren't even relevant. At least there is some logic behind actual Revan fanboyism, but Revan hate makes little sense whatsoever.

At the very least I hope my "nerd rage ranting" will deter others and perhaps even yourself from making such comments in the future. Because if you do I will continue to rage, until your ears bleed.

The highlighted part is once again very funny.

I could have sworn this thread was about "Make Knights of the Old Republic 3".

But maybe my eyes were deceiving me when I read the thread.

And quite the contrary. Your entire rant has been nothing short of amazing, and just proving my point as well as why some people dislike Revan fanboys, as some people other than myself tried to explain to you in this thread.

But do keep living in your bubble,keep raging and rant your rants. It's very entertaining.

I named mine Darth Revan as a joke o_o

Sufficed to say, the line "I'm not Darth Revan, I'm Darth Revan!" cracked me up during the big reveal :p

But still, what do you think of when you hear Revan? Your Kotor character, it brings back memories. Why else do you think Revan can still be referred to as a "she" by accident.

And TBH, Most people in Kotor would have gone Lightside, you're a bit creepy for going DS, NGL, killing mission by forcing Zaalbar to execute her.... Just cruel :(

I don't know, my 'Revan' is the stereotypical evil character who I roleplay in all RPGs, just even eviller. I don't associate her with Revan at all. Everything I find interesting about Revan comes outside the KOTOR experience.

KOTOR is just a game I played.

The highlighted part is once again very funny.

I could have sworn this thread was about "Make Knights of the Old Republic 3".

But maybe my eyes were deceiving me when I read the thread.

And quite the contrary. Your entire rant has been nothing short of amazing, and just proving my point as well as why some people dislike Revan fanboys, as some people other than myself tried to explain to you in this thread.

But do keep living in your bubble,keep raging and rant your rants. It's very entertaining.

So you took two wrong turns? Because originally the "Make the Knights of the Old Republic 3" discussion didn't even concern Revan, so I'm still confused as to why you made the comment.

And yeah, that's nice.

EDIT: Now though it seems to be that you are accusing me of being a fanboy. Which seems to reaffirm my claim that you are attempting to dictate to people who are fans of Revan, regardless of his ability. I stand by that claim.

Edited by Beniboybling

We've submitted the book to temperatures of plus and minus 200 celcius, dropped it from 10,000 feet and rolled our best tank over it. No change.

I don't know, can I have the internets anyway? Kinda broke...

The interesting thing to me about Revan in KOTOR was the story. I never saw Revan as being even one of the most powerful force users of all time. Frankly Starkiller in FU was more impressive on the power scale. So I am not a "Revan is all powerful" fanboy.

Revan's ending was wasteful. I played through the Foundry on my Imp and was very disappointed by it. Regardless of power level Revan is iconic for the period. The story was just lack luster not terrible but just not that interesting. I wish they had done something that grabbed me more.

As to the original post, a request for KOTOR 3, EA games has a license to make SW video games for 10 years I hear. Not just SWTOR but other video games as well. Could a single player game set during the period of KOTR or SWTOR come down the pipe? Sure it could. Likely it will have nothing to do with Revan or the Exile.

Edited by divinecynic

Doctor Who episode with the mysterious cubes. "The Power of Three"

Great episode :)