Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people not realize scoundrels/operatives got nerfed once already? every class has a counter and every class has CDs. learn to use them and you won't get face rolled. Also learn to use the maps. but if ur a sniper and want to to kill a stealth class, that might not happen most of the time. also if ur a ranged class and always jumping into the middle of a crowd because u want to use ur knockback instead of standing back and shooting people from a distance, u should expect to get stomped by mdps...

Do people not realize scoundrels/operatives got nerfed once already? every class has a counter and every class has CDs. learn to use them and you won't get face rolled. Also learn to use the maps. but if ur a sniper and want to to kill a stealth class, that might not happen most of the time. also if ur a ranged class and always jumping into the middle of a crowd because u want to use ur knockback instead of standing back and shooting people from a distance, u should expect to get stomped by mdps...

Do people not realize that this post was created over a year ago?

I love the well thought out responses to this year old post, idiots.

Some of us are not responding to the old post. I personally was responding to the new, 2013 calls for a nerf to Operatives. Anyone still responding to the old stuff is an idiot. But the people who maintain that this class is "OP" need to be set right, or at least publicly shown to be wrong.

i just had it with agents , i reached a point in warzones where i just stand there and let him kill me , because i cant do anything about it , the first three second he get out of stealth is 7k then knock down and he finish me off i literally have one second to do anything at all between the first time he pop out of stealth and the second time he get in stealth , there is really no fun in pvp anymore if all classes are cannon fodders for agents

i just had it with agents , i reached a point in warzones where i just stand there and let him kill me , because i cant do anything about it , the first three second he get out of stealth is 7k then knock down and he finish me off i literally have one second to do anything at all between the first time he pop out of stealth and the second time he get in stealth , there is really no fun in pvp anymore if all classes are cannon fodders for agents

This doesn't happen.

The first three seconds yes, you can take a lot of damage in 2 globals. Shoot First / Backblast IF they crit - which they don't automatically do.

They won't disappear and do it again because Shoot First has an 8 second cooldown and Backblast a 12 second cooldown, so you have much more than 1 second to pop defenses and begin your rotation.

This doesn't happen.

The first three seconds yes, you can take a lot of damage in 2 globals. Shoot First / Backblast IF they crit - which they don't automatically do.

They won't disappear and do it again because Shoot First has an 8 second cooldown and Backblast a 12 second cooldown, so you have much more than 1 second to pop defenses and begin your rotation.

Also, keep in mind that Op effectiveness is extremely gear-dependent, and that Ops have very stringent resource management issues. While leveling my Op I noticed a *huge* disparity in performance depending on the state of my gear. Also, after that heavy-burst opening rotation, if they haven't taken your health bar down sufficiently, and if their escape is still on cooldown, then they're very quickly reduced to running around spamming their free low-dmg auto-attack. Once caught out in the open with depleted resources, an Op doesn't last long.

But I agree that Ops can be *very* frustrating, especially paired with another Op or Assassin. That persistent scissor-jack sound is right up their with the Powertech chuckle in terms of annoyance.

Edited by klham

So me and another level 50 runs op to cap this point in the Alderaan warzone. Out of nowhere this scoundrel opens up and obliterates the other lvl 50 before I can even react. He then vanishes and opens up on me with a stun.

At this point im thinking surely he cannot do the same thing to me, he just did to the other guy 8 seconds ago. Boy was I wrong.

STUN

STUN OVER

At this point I have about 10% of my hp left and the fight is over. He just creamed the both of us in less than 20 seconds and hes still got 90% hp left.

And tbh this is not the only time I've witnessed these scenarios with scoundrels completely destroying people in a single stun. This needs to be addressed immediatly.

What needs to be addressed? He knows how to play his class and you don't know how to combat him. :)

• 2 years later...
I agree.

Nerf Oeratives!

By the Emperor's Black Bones!

Darth Andeddu would be PROUD.

:eek:

P.S.: In all seriousness, I think Lethality/Ruffian needs to be looked at. There was a guy yesterday running this spec who was soloing nodes with NO HEALER OR TANK SUPPORT. I'm in fully-optimized Exemplar gear running Serenity, and I couldn't make his health move. And he managed to tear me down within 3-4 GCDs. Not to mention that he was damaging THROUGH my 5-second Resilience EVERY time.

Now, I'm pretty sure he was lag switching, but if not, that spec is BUH-ROKEN.