Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

falcon_Xtreme
12.27.2012 , 02:53 AM | #1611
Great OP Chippy.

/signed.
REDZONE & PROUD!

americanaussie
12.27.2012 , 03:04 AM | #1612
Cancelled tonight. I cited the low server pop as the reason. Maybe they will get the message, but it's apparent they don't care. I also said customer service on these forums was appalling. I actually love this game but it sucks when WZ no longer pops because of extremely low server pop. Oh well. Wish you guys luck. Hopefully they will merge the APAC servers.

arunav
12.27.2012 , 03:27 AM | #1613
Honestly, I think EA wants to shut down your servers and are waiting for enough of you to quit in order to do so.

Laris_Rai
12.27.2012 , 03:36 AM | #1614
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Honestly, I think EA wants to shut down your servers and are waiting for enough of you to quit in order to do so.
There's no logical reason to do that. If they want to close the servers they can. Just like they've done in the past.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

arunav
12.27.2012 , 03:36 AM | #1615
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
This is most likely the issue. I think BW and EA realized a while ago they screwed this game up to much and are going to lose out. My guess is they will milk what they can, do as little development as possible and shut everything down once they have made their money back.....if they do.

This is the only explanation left as to why they have taken the course of action they have.
Sad but likely more true than not. It makes no sense why they would launch F2P and allow for as many really essential bugs to go unfixed, gut QA, have no real plans announced for content other than what we've known about since last spring, etc.

The entire game is in worse shape than in summer 2012, when it was actually running well. If EA were serious about wanting to turn things around for SWTOR, now would be when we'd see a push for the better, when F2P people are trying out the game and possibly subscribing.

If the game were this bad back in January when I started, there's no way I'd subscribe.

swtordrz
12.27.2012 , 05:39 AM | #1616
Meanwhile in a secret EA/Bioware Development Team Meeting in a galaxy far, far away...

Boss: OK Team, we need some ideas to increase subscribers, exceed our budgets together with catering to the needs of every current, former and new player's gaming enjoyment.

Team member 1: Well, my idea is to fix all the bugs since Beta, put out 2 new planets with class stories taking players to L60, fix all the PvP balancing issues, add dynamics to the game so the worlds do not remain static, listen to all our players requests to enhance gaming enjoyment, well like, you know, other MMOs?

Boss: Fire that guy, worst idea I have ever heard, security, take him out. Anyone else with better ideas?

Droid member 1: More gambling packs.

Boss: Awesome idea, give that droid another raise!

Snorlaxo
12.27.2012 , 07:46 AM | #1617
Bioware. Let my people go ... to other servers by means of a transfer system. Please.
(█∭∭∭∭██(o)█Ξ█|/[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

ztee
12.27.2012 , 04:56 PM | #1618
I'd like an update on this too.

Ive rerolled all together, but damn im missing my old char and all dem creds.

Dont really care about Ping so much, as i think its more important to have others to you know, PLAY THE GAME WITH!

Obirayy
12.27.2012 , 05:25 PM | #1619
Ok there's been too many posts to read but has anyone thought of sending in an ingame ticket to transfer? I mean literally everyone on the apac servers?

Then it's in their face rather than a thread they can just stop reading
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Esno
12.27.2012 , 11:18 PM | #1620
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Ok there's been too many posts to read but has anyone thought of sending in an ingame ticket to transfer? I mean literally everyone on the apac servers?

Then it's in their face rather than a thread they can just stop reading
Yes several people have and all they get back is a BS generic responce stating that there are no transfers available at this time
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent