What's Killing SWTOR?

Shockazilla

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 servers standard or heavy, 30 light. Still more than half of the servers is not low.

All my old toons are on a standard PoP server. It's dead as a doornail .

I rerolled on a heavy Population server ( the ONE and ONLY eastern server)to actually do all the aspects of this game

Don't let that small word fool you

Edited by GothicSaint

In the prelaunch my server's population was very high, now it's Sunday 11:00 am and I saw only 25 people in the imperial fleet. My guild is one of the most active guilds in the server, and we had only 4 people online. Even those who spam "LFG BT hard mode " are gone.

I unsubscribed yesterday but will be able to play for another 100 days. I am really sad for the server, I like my character and want to play more but also don't want to do the daily quests again for the billionth time or level another alt to guarantee boredom.

Honestly I am not blaming people for quitting the game as it feels really empty. I truly hope bioware somehow fixes the overall empty feeling and really starts adding something that will keep the players busy and want to come back for more. I know a lot of people believe Bioware is really working hard, that may be true but at this point they have to put something really solid to save the game. Because if the overall population goes further down I don't think it will be easy for the company to save the game's image.

I must add, a lot of people including me were so excited to hear there were going to be many different planets in the game before the launch, but was frustrated to see they turned out to be nothing but labyrinths with different "planet themes". I expect MMOs to put players in a different "planet" or an "environment" that really feels like a new place/ dynamic world not a labyrinth. Take a look at some of the other MMOs like EQ or AC 1, even singleplayer games like Elder Scrolls.

In short, we were told that the game was going to have new features we never seen in any other games since it came out as " the new generation of MMOs" , well I don't think WOW - Star Wars Theme can be called that but.. ookay !! Now players are suggesting systems that should be implemented in the game so it can be more "complete " .. that's ironic. I hope at least Bioware can find a good way to thank those who really want to keep this game alive.

If you guys hate the game so much.....

Why are you still here?

It's not about hating the game. I still love TOR, I just hate being the only one around when I quest, or one of the eight people on the fleet. I log into my other server which used to be crazy active and now I am lucky to see 20 people on fleet. Warzones? I haven't played one in a week now, they just don't happen.

I'm not sure how people in similar situations are looking for hand holding, we'd just like to play the game. You have to remember we all pay to be here, we enjoy it when we have people to hang out with. But we don't pay subs to play a single player game, at least that's the case for me.

I still come here in the hope EA will address the problem with more detail, that they will give me a reason to stay. Thus far they haven't and as I have mentioned before, my time is running out. A lot of us are looking for a solid reason to hang in there, but EA don't seem to care, and so it's hard to keep hope alive.

TOR is a great game, there is no disputing it.

<snip>

TOR is a great game, there is no disputing it.

Yes it is a great game if:

1. It had more players logged in to make it worth while.

2. You could make a steady income of money from professions other then Biochem.

3. They fixed bugs a little faster. Perfect example: Item: Proton Torpedo Tube. Once you're out missiles still won't fire. It's been like this since the start of the game. I just gave up waiting and sold mine to a vendor.

About 40 of my WoW guild members came over to this game. Within two months half of them had already quit. Half of those that didn't quit since then.. The ones left now, like myself, log-in once a week to clear the new operation raid and that's it. We're already talking about what MMO to move to due to the three listed items above. D3 is another game we're gonna hit up.

All my old toons are on a standard PoP server. It's dead as a doornail .

I rerolled on a heavy Population server ( the ONE and ONLY eastern server)to actually do all the aspects of this game

Don't let that small word fool you

I play on 3 standard servers and they are definitely not dead, I just counted 1000 people in one faction on a standard server.

Ineffective transport systems, which really affect grouping

And we need LFG - it's just painful to get a group outside of the guild (I don't care what people say about that feature in WOW - I don't think it destroyed the atmosphere in WOW - that had already happened anyway)

It's just painful to get around

Should be able to quicktravel - to anywhere (after 15 mins)

Also - when people go into an instance - others of the group should immediately have the option of being ported into the instance

These things are not hard - Rift had them from the start and WOW got meeting stones early on

I play on 3 standard servers and they are definitely not dead, I just counted 1000 people in one faction on a standard server.

Given that only 4 servers worldwide are above standard as at the time of this post, what server is that ?

Just cancelled my sub. I want the game to succeed..but refuse to pay for a solo game. It's a shame...with a game that had forever and a day in development to come correct...it's just shameful. I hope BW never puts there stamp on another MMO...because quite frankly they suck at it. Of course I have this free month to do nothing..and then it will be one less "troll" for you fanbois to have to listen to. It's funny...soon there will only be fanbois and this game will have no hopes of getting out of the gutter.

What's even more funny...they gave away a free month and still have sucktastic pops...LOL....BW= Failware

Edited by Kosef
mistake

I was pretty diehard, have 3 lvl 50s and a lvl 43....If you don't have a Sniper or Powertech or even a healer your useless in raids, i don't have a sniper or powertech, just a underpowered dps merc, dps operative, dps assassin..all are trash for raids....it's game over for me

So...I predict in the future....

What's killing TERA?

What's killing GW2?

What's killing Elder Scrolls Online?

:rak_03:

to answer those questions...the answer is the secret world...but dont tell anyone yet

This game is dead I play on Jedi covenant one of the most populated servers in the game and I still can't find groups. That's after refilling and leaving 3 lvl 50s on a dead server and you wanna know what's killing swtor lol.

Yes it is a great game if:

1. It had more players logged in to make it worth while.

2. You could make a steady income of money from professions other then Biochem.

3. They fixed bugs a little faster. Perfect example: Item: Proton Torpedo Tube. Once you're out missiles still won't fire. It's been like this since the start of the game. I just gave up waiting and sold mine to a vendor.

About 40 of my WoW guild members came over to this game. Within two months half of them had already quit. Half of those that didn't quit since then.. The ones left now, like myself, log-in once a week to clear the new operation raid and that's it. We're already talking about what MMO to move to due to the three listed items above. D3 is another game we're gonna hit up.

Yep, players think the servers are low now..wait until D3 is released. While not a MMO as such, it is a very popular series, which many will play.

Oh don't bet on it.

What's killing The Secret World?

It'll happen.....

Heh. You see these posts everytime a new MMO launches, some new super MMO is coming the same year which will kill off the current one the haters whine about.

Age of Conan was going to be killed of by Warhammer Online which in turn was going to killed off by Aion.

Aion was then going to killed of by Rift which in was going to killed by SW:TOR and now SW:TOR is going to killed off by GW2.

It's does make you wonder if people serial whine from MMO to MMO :rolleyes:

Edited by EzoEo

1. Dead server. Noone to play with --> NOT an MMO

2. Endless grind for PvP. No competitive aspect. Wouldn't help even if it was competitive cause of #1.

3. Buggy end game PvE.

4. Ugly armor sets. Why would i want epic armor if level 30 stuff looks cooler.

5. Dead economy. Probably cause of #1.

Reason: Poor lead design team. See my signature. The buck stops at him.......James Ohlen - the Man in Charge

Edited by Rasticles

Yep, players think the servers are low now..wait until D3 is released. While not a MMO as such, it is a very popular series, which many will play.

Peiple said the same thing whe mass effect 3 came out and look hiw much that effected the game? Diablo 3isnt even going to have PVP at launch