The Writers' Corner

Darth_Slaine

Those of you familiar with the pre-launch fan fiction forums here at TOR will recognize this thread. In it we discuss fan fic writing, writing generally, and how to build an audience. The old thread needed to be renewed a number of times after it hit too many replies and I expect even more activity now that we have a game.

First discussion for writers:

Tell us a little about what interests you in writing fan fiction for TOR.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the writers corner is back. Awesome. As to the question:

I love the lack of red tape. The SWTOR timeline isn't as heavily strangled by expanded universe books and lore. This allows more creative ideas and stories to take place, without contradicting the lore.

Edited by HunterBoris

Hello, my pretties.

I see I need to update my signature.

I've decided to launch all of my projects at once. I will conquer the forums while they are still weak.

And I will be here to stop you. So long as you don't realise my penchant for being distracted by shiny objects, of course. If that happens, I might be in trouble.

Greetings fellow Writer's and SWTOR fans!!

Well seeing as I am a bit of a writer myself I'll go ahead and post up what I wrote for my character that I will be playing in the Old Republic. I'll try updating the story every now and then but the game must come first.

I'll try posting sometime today but until then Stay Safe and Sane Comrades!!

And I will be here to stop you. So long as you don't realise my penchant for being distracted by shiny objects, of course. If that happens, I might be in trouble.

The first wave is deployed. The storm only grows stronger now.

Have you changed email address or something, Gest? Been trying to get in touch with you for forever.

No, I just never use MSN. And I got a new (awesome) computer so I didn't re-dl it.

Hello! I didn't post in this forum before the beta closed, but I've sure been reading. I've been a fanfiction writer for quite a few years now, and I'm so excited to create it for SWTOR.

As far as the discussion topic, what interests me is the universe. I love that BioWare picked a fairly wide-open territory of canon for the game, and I can't wait to see it fill up with stories.

I'm breaking my long time silence and stepping into the community spotlight. Hello everyone!

I've been wanting to join everyone here for a while but did not motivate myself hard enough to pursue my story. Now I'm coming up to 5,000 words so I'm proud to say I will be joining you elite few by the end of the week hopefully (that is once the proofreading is finished).

As far as the Writer's Corner question, I think Bioware bypassed a huge potential in making Revan's story even better. So I use my own imagination to interpret the universe.

I am curious to whether anyone else have found books to inspire them in their TOR writing. For me it's Ender's Game and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Greetings once again-

I say once again as I had posted in this forum some time before it got rebooted. In the extremely rare case that you remember me, it'll probably before for my extremely long and detailed reviews, although I was contributing a story of my own before the shiny baubles of life attracted my magpie-like eye. But I have been working again on the same story. Will probably write most of it before I start publishing.

So, yeah, might be some time before I get that thread going

More often than not I expect I'll pop in here when some huge fit of procrastination guilt and boredom strike me, like now