A Few Legacy Questions

Wynternight

Just a few questions on the whole legacy thing:

1. How will the unlocks work? I keep seeing a lot of speculation but can't seem to find a definitive answer. If I want to play a Chiss Inquisitor, for instance, how do I go about doing that? Do I have to level a Chiss to 50 first (Bounty Hunter or Agent) or do I pay for the unlock as some have suggested?

2. How do I get a Legacy name, not surname, but something like this:

Darth Dark Evil

<The Darkity Dark Legacy> <-------this is what I mean.

<Inset Guild Name Here>

1. How will the unlocks work? I keep seeing a lot of speculation but can't seem to find a definitive answer. If I want to play a Chiss Inquisitor, for instance, how do I go about doing that? Do I have to level a Chiss to 50 first (Bounty Hunter or Agent) or do I pay for the unlock as some have suggested?

Darth Dark Evil

<Inset Guild Name Here>

1. You either roll a Chiss of any class to 50, or purchase the species unlock.

2. You get your legacy name when you finish Chapter 1 for the first time. You'll get a prompt. Keep in mind it affects all characters on that server.

Darth Dark Evil

<Inset Guild Name Here>

1. You reach a certain legacy level (you gain it like you do xp) and you can if you have a toon of that race at level 50 unlock it through the legacy tree. OR you can buy it with ingame credits.

2. Legacy is gained when you finish Act / chapter 1 of your class's story and you give your legacy a name. It then adds it as surname OR a tag that says "the blah blah legacy" depending on your preferences set up.

Welcome to SWTOR btw :) apparently you must be new :)

Edited by Kindara

Darth Dark Evil

<Inset Guild Name Here>

Preferences -> Social

[_] Show Legacy Bar
      V    Legacy Display
       |
       |- Legacy Surname
       |- Legacy Title     <-- this is the one you describe
       |- Hide Legacy

1. You reach a certain legacy level (you gain it like you do xp) and you can if you have a toon of that race at level 50 unlock it through the legacy tree. OR you can buy it with ingame credits.

2. Legacy is gained when you finish Act / chapter 1 of your class's story and you give your legacy a name. It then adds it as surname OR a tag that says "the blah blah legacy" depending on your preferences set up.

Welcome to SWTOR btw :) apparently you must be new :)

:p Oh no, been here for quite some time, I just didn't know about the preferences for the legacy title. Thank you for the info.

1. You either roll a Chiss of any class to 50, or purchase the species unlock.

2. You get your legacy name when you finish Chapter 1 for the first time. You'll get a prompt. Keep in mind it affects all characters on that server.

Good thing my surname wasn't too Sith-y, that could be awkward on a Jedi.