The Jedi are taking over!

Ayelinna

Actually this is very different. Treek is an optional companion who offers no real advantage over any other. By skipping the leveling progress, you miss out on gear, learning how to play your class and most importantly, all of the story content.

As well as you miss a lot of stuff (mostly learning) when you bypass reaching legacy 40. I know people who leveled multiple characters and their legacy is just slightly above 30. That means earning leagacy levels to 40 takes more than just leveling, you have to get into some end game where the learning just begins. Leveling can hardly be called learning to play since it's super easy so there is no need to learn anything there.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as you miss a lot of stuff (mostly learning) when you bypass reaching legacy 40. I know people who leveled multiple characters and their legacy is just slightly above 30. That means earning leagacy levels to 40 takes more than just leveling, you have to get into some end game where the learning just begins. Leveling can hardly be called learning to play since it's super easy so there is no need to learn anything there.

I'm legacy level 50 and have done 0 "endgame". You get it from leveling alts.

I dont really see the point you are making with Legacy. Yes, it takes a lot of time and grinding to level your legacy, but how dose that warrant instant endgame characters?

I disagree about it not being education, as the leveling proses is essential in learning not only how to play the game but how to play your class (Not just via quests, but Heroics, Flashpoints via GF, Warzones ect...). You cant level as, say, a Sorcerer and then switch to an instant level 55 Juggernaut and expect to perfectly tank any Hard Mode Flashpoints and Operations. Endgame players would not stand for it, they get mad enough at player not knowing how to play their classes now! Imagine what they would be like if a bunch of new players decided they could run Hard Mode Flashpoints without ever playing the class before.

Also, for such a story-based game I dont see why on earth you would want to miss all the planet quests and class story. If you want to play SWTOR simply for the endgame and have nothing to do with any story content, then I think you may want to find a different game as this one may not be for you...

Edited by Cyberwoman

Good for you, but you won't get to legacy 40 from leveling alts in some reasonable amount of playing time. That was my point.

I thought your point was you don't learn how to play from leveling making legacy level irrelevant when clearly it is.

I thought your point was you don't learn how to play from leveling making legacy level irrelevant when clearly it is.

The thing is that you are rare exception. Most of the people are not able to gain so high legacy level via leveling alts. Even here on the forums you see people playing since the launch, who were leveling alts and don't have legacy 40. So its irrelevant in your case, but is relevant in most of the cases.

Edited by zzoorrzz

I dont really see the point you are making with Legacy. Yes, it takes a lot of time and grinding to level your legacy, but how dose that warrant instant endgame characters?

I disagree about it not being education, as the leveling proses is essential in learning not only how to play the game but how to play your class (Not just via quests, but Heroics, Flashpoints via GF, Warzones ect...). You cant level as, say, a Sorcerer and then switch to an instant level 55 Juggernaut and expect to perfectly tank any Hard Mode Flashpoints and Operations. Endgame players would not stand for it, they get mad enough at player not knowing how to play their classes now! Imagine what they would be like if a bunch of new players decided they could run Hard Mode Flashpoints without ever playing the class before.

Also, for such a story-based game I dont see why on earth you would want to miss all the planet quests and class story. If you want to play SWTOR simply for the endgame and have nothing to do with any story content, then I think you may want to find a different game as this one may not be for you...

If there were 2 players, first fresh lvl 50 or 55 who just finished his storyline. And the second who instaleveled to 55, played dailies and lvl 50 FPs for 1 week. Personally I think there wouldn't be much skill difference beetween them.

If there were 2 players, first fresh lvl 50 or 55 who just finished his storyline. And the second who instaleveled to 55, played dailies and lvl 50 FPs for 1 week. Personally I think there wouldn't be much skill difference beetween them.

I dont know, I think anyone new to the game, and especially those new to MMO's in general, would lose out by not playing each class from level 1-55. Skipping it all just feels almost like cheating to me, and I also dont see why they would want to miss the story content either.

Edited by Cyberwoman

I dont know, I think anyone new to the game, and especially those new to MMO's in general, would lose out by not playing each class from level 1-55. Skipping it all just feels almost like cheating to me, and I also dont see why they would want to miss the story content either.

I agree

I am getting SO sick and tired of seeing Ayelinna's anti-CM posts. We get it, you don't like it. NOBODY cares!

Is there a way to /ignore forum posts?

All it does Ayelinna is make you look like a whiny brat, even if you make a good point, spending hours each day posting these kind of posts, it is not having the effect you want it to.

If you don't like the cartel market don't use it and leave it at that. If it is ruining SWTOR for you (which doesn't make any sense) then quit. You are FAR too concerned about how other people play and whether they can spend real life money or not.

I am getting SO sick and tired of seeing Ayelinna's anti-CM posts. We get it, you don't like it. NOBODY cares!

Is there a way to /ignore forum posts?

All it does Ayelinna is make you look like a whiny brat, even if you make a good point, spending hours each day posting these kind of posts, it is not having the effect you want it to.

If you don't like the cartel market don't use it and leave it at that. If it is ruining SWTOR for you (which doesn't make any sense) then quit. You are FAR too concerned about how other people play and whether they can spend real life money or not.

100% this. Agreed you should really stop caring what others do with the game and concentrate on your own enjoyment.

I can understand it is needed to be a better player and know the story but what does that have to do with wanting an optional companion faster if we don't have the time to get to legacy level 40.

Do we have two players A & B

Player A & B both want a virtual vanity item to use when they group together,

Whilst I am in favour of in game items rewarding in game actions. Like the Planet hopping to get the Magenta Crystals, the OP confuses me.

Player A plays and plays and plays during the week and gets enough plot tokens to purchase said vanity item for when he groups with player B on the weekend

Player B on the other hand "grinds" at a desk for 40 or 50 hours during the week taking fault calls for the local telecomminication company. Not having enough in game plot tokens, Player B uses some of his wages on the Cartel Market to purchase said vanity item for when he groups with player A on the weekend.

Player B's actions are; the lazy way? Diminishing to Player A's Self esteem?? Morally Wrong??? According to the OP all three.

As to the Hardcore vs Casual Players spectrum. I applied to a few "Causal" Guilds only to find the expectation of Casual was 3 to 4 hours per day at least 6 days a week. Turns out I am what ever about 1/6th of "Casual" is, so maybe just the "C"

Why do other people's playstyle and lifestyle bother you this much? It's unhealthy.

Why does it bother you that there are players who would like items and features in game that can't be purchased without actually playing the game, instead of "What? Don't want to put in some time and/or effort? Pay money, no one will ever know."

Firstly, buying cartel coins with real money and purchasing Treek without a legacy requirement has hardly any "play style" in it because there's literally no playing involved.

I don't see why there should be 2 options on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Theres one end where you have to work for your credits AND to get legacy 40...the other...buy cartel coins and instantly get the same thing.

Do you not see the problem with that?

If you have to "work" for anything in an MMO I think its time to go outside and get a real job. Maybe you know... do some REAL work.

An MMO is a cheap form of entertainment meant to be used to have fun, not work. Work is where you make money to pay for said MMO.

So, if someone with no time to grind out legacy 40 spends his hard earned money on a companion, what is wrong with that? You're not forced to. Your not affected by it. Who cares? Grind out your 40 legacy and obtain your 1mil and laugh at the guy who paid money for something he could have gotten for free.

If you have to "work" for anything in an MMO I think its time to go outside and get a real job. Maybe you know... do some REAL work.

An MMO is a cheap form of entertainment meant to be used to have fun, not work. Work is where you make money to pay for said MMO.

So, if someone with no time to grind out legacy 40 spends his hard earned money on a companion, what is wrong with that? You're not forced to. Your not affected by it. Who cares? Grind out your 40 legacy and obtain your 1mil and laugh at the guy who paid money for something he could have gotten for free.

Ah, the good old "this game isn't a job" argument.

By work, i mean grinding, i mean spending time in the game, you know? actually playing the game. So the rest of your argument is invalid because you assumed things.

Ah, the good old "this game isn't a job" argument.

By work, i mean grinding, i mean spending time in the game, you know? actually playing the game. So the rest of your argument is invalid because you assumed things.

You do understand some people can't play like you probably can. I know I can't. I have a job, school and I also have to take care of my mom so the time I get to play is limited.

I do not want everything to be Cartel Coins but I also understand not everything needs to be so difficult that no one else can get anything if they don't spend much time on the game.

There needs to be a happy medium yet you sound like you don't want anyone to have anything but you and you don't think the cartel shop should exist at all. You sound like it all has to be your way and there is no medium ground.

Yes some things should be based on legacy and those should only be awarded to legacy but I disagree with the way you are coming across as everything has to be your way or forget it.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Standing in the fleet cantina RPing is "playing the game." Running WZs endlessly is "playing the game." Working the GTN is "playing the game."

"Playing the game" is not defined by Ayelinna, except for Ayelinna.

Standing in the fleet cantina RPing is "playing the game." Running WZs endlessly is "playing the game." Working the GTN is "playing the game."

"Playing the game" is not defined by Ayelinna, except for Ayelinna.

Those are playing the game yeah.

Standing there buying cartel coins isn't. Standing there unlocking something with cartel coins instantly isn't playing the game, compared to someone unlocking the same thing by playing the actual game.

Edited by Ayelinna

Standing there buying cartel coins isn't. Standing there unlocking something with cartel coins instantly isn't playing the game, compared to someone unlocking the same thing by playing the actual game.

It is to those who do it.

I don't see what that has to do with anything related to this thread whatsoever even ever.

This must be why you keep making threads of this nature.

Standing there buying cartel coins isn't.

Dunno why this is of much concern. It takes only a moment to buy them.

Edited by SkunkWerks