Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

jedip_enguin
03.17.2015 , 06:47 AM | #901
This continues to be one of my very favourite threads
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Brewski
03.27.2015 , 11:15 AM | #902
I contemplated not writing one of these, but decided to post in this thread after all. (At least I'm not making my own thread. )

I've been here since the weekend betas, and played this game consistently for over three years now, starting my first character on the first day of early access about 15 minutes after I got home from work. I've survived the shaky launch, abandoned servers, mergers, FTP conversion and every patch since, and I've managed to find enjoyment in the game at every turn, but today is my last day as a subscriber.

This isn't a rage quite. No single incident in recent or distant memory made me suddenly decide to stop paying and playing. It's more or less been a gradual build as I've finally exhausted my personal enjoyment. As I look through all the areas of the game, I just don't see one to move into to get the fun back.

So although it doesn't exactly line up with the original "5 reasons" request, here are my "5 areas" of SWTOR I feel I've exhausted myself on.

• Story, a big staple in SWTOR, has failed to keep up my interest due to the merging of 8 individual class stories into a single unified storyline across both factions and all 8 classes. I understand the reasons, and recognize the original vision was just not viable, but that doesn't change the fact that there's no longer enough content to keep even a dedicated casual like myself going.

• PvP, although fun in short bursts, has never been deep enough in SWTOR to hold my interest. So although I've started many a toon on the valor grind, I never exceeded level 60, and instead get my PvP enjoyment mostly from other games.

• GSF - Once a great hope of mine to rejuvenate the game, it's more or less dead due to neglect. I still enjoy matches when they pop, but I'm realistic enough to understand it is all it will ever be now, and I find that sad.

• Raiding\Achievement grinding has always been a social thing for me, meaning I enjoy them only when playing with friends and/or guild mates. (See below for more.)

• Social - Although this is more of a combination of all of the above, my current guild has more or less fallen apart recently, and I find I no longer have the energy to go looking for another active and fun guild I can play in.

With no new major content or systems upcoming I just don't see any area worth my sub rate. I've always said I would continue to pay, and play, The Old Republic until it was no longer fun, and for me, that's now. I've enjoyed my three years, and begrudge Bioware not one cent I've spent on the game, but I think I'm done. I may still log in and play from time to time, and you never know, someday something might grab my attention and bring me back in, but I don't expect it to happen. Not this time anyway.

Thanks to Bioware, all the great players I've met and even to the forum community (really!) for the fun and enjoyment. It's been a good ride.

DeVanagloris
04.18.2015 , 06:32 AM | #903
I resubbed back a couple of months ago, and decided to unsub today, my subscription expires tomorrow so i will use today to make some order on my things ingame. The reasons I unsub are mainly because of the lack of attention to pvp, and the lack of communication with the dev team. After coming back this time, everything was looking shiny and good again so i started playing freshly my different characters. However i have been noticing a considerable drop in population, Even considering im in TRE, one of the most populated servers i understand. Been seeing how some guildies unsub, been seeing how the dev team applies unnecessary nerfs and buffs, and been seeing and absolute absence of attention to the pvp area of the game, which is what i enjoy the most.
Its easy if you into wow or hearthstone forums, or many other games to see dev posts and a constant communication, and you know they hear and read the feedback. here, that does not exists, the dev team lives in their particular olympus, and they dont care for what us, players, ask for or suggest or think about the game and its state. I enjoyed my time playing, and if things change (a lot) i will probably come back. I supported this game with my money and i would gladly do so again, but right now the dev team and EAware dont deserve it, so im leaving. The previous times i was playing the game, when i saw somebody saying "i leave" i was thinking "bah, there is a lot of people one less does not matter..." however, this past weeks every time i saw somebody saying he unsubs, in forums or ingame, you know, i was getting this feeling like every sub really counts right now, and every time the game feels more and more dead, with empty planets and prime times with 15-20 min pops... and what made me really worry about the state of the game is the fact that we got 2 double exp weekends and a double exp WEEK, along with other events, all of them rapidly one after the other, in a very short period of time. To me, it seems they are trying to retain people, in a desperate effort to make people come back, and they are not succeding in doing so. Anyway, im out, good luck and have fun.
This is my referral link here:
Referral link
You can get all sort of FREE STUFF!! and GOODIES!! by clicking it, no matter you are new or returning player

Aries_cz
04.18.2015 , 06:47 AM | #904
Quote: Originally Posted by DeVanagloris View Post
been seeing how the dev team applies unnecessary nerfs and buffs
FS needed a nerf, and apparently, the ST nerf to Lightning did not do much, as people are still pulling similar numbers they did before
Quote:
and been seeing and absolute absence of attention to the pvp area of the game, which is what i enjoy the most.
Playing SWTOR mainly for PvP is not a good idea, sadly.
Quote:
Its easy if you into wow or hearthstone forums, or many other games to see dev posts and a constant communication, and you know they hear and read the feedback.
I always wonder, do people really want them to repeat every hour "yes, we know, working on it, no further info"? Because that is what you get from most community people, as they do not want to put foot in their mouth by saying something specific.
Quote:
here, that does not exists, the dev team lives in their particular olympus, and they dont care for what us, players, ask for or suggest or think about the game and its state.
Again, want to read constant "we will bring this up on next meeting"? Not to mention, a lot of people have pretty stupid or unrealistic ideas.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

DeVanagloris
04.18.2015 , 07:09 AM | #905
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
FS needed a nerf, and apparently, the ST nerf to Lightning did not do much, as people are still pulling similar numbers they did before
Playing SWTOR mainly for PvP is not a good idea, sadly.

I always wonder, do people really want them to repeat every hour "yes, we know, working on it, no further info"? Because that is what you get from most community people, as they do not want to put foot in their mouth by saying something specific.

Again, want to read constant "we will bring this up on next meeting"? Not to mention, a lot of people have pretty stupid or unrealistic ideas.
Here, this pal expresses all my concerns better than me, as i was feeling too lazy and didnt care to explain it better:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=807359
Accept it or not, believe it or not, things are as they are, and YES, there is a total lack of communication, TOTAL. Not all time "yes we know, yes we know", NO, a TOTAL LACK, ffs. Keep living in your own happy world.

Aries_cz
04.18.2015 , 08:25 AM | #906
Quote: Originally Posted by DeVanagloris View Post
Here, this pal expresses all my concerns better than me, as i was feeling too lazy and didnt care to explain it better:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=807359
Accept it or not, believe it or not, things are as they are, and YES, there is a total lack of communication, TOTAL. Not all time "yes we know, yes we know", NO, a TOTAL LACK, ffs. Keep living in your own happy world.
You argumented with "look how Blizzard's massive team does it". Most of the time, their replies are "working on it, no ETA". I honestly want to know if it is quantity of meaningless dev replies that people want.

Ghisallo
04.18.2015 , 08:26 AM | #907
The nerfs were about adjusting the AoE balance and making it so it was, literally, not a one button spec in many circumstances. With both Sage and Sorc if you use the proper rotation total dps is little changed...it's just that you have to hit as many buttons as everyone else.
...We always arise from our own ashes. Everything returns later in its... changed form...
...To remind you that all humans make mistakes, and that all leaders are but human.
---Leto, Lion of Atreides

asbalana
04.18.2015 , 08:38 AM | #908

Just curious, if that is true and the end is the same as the beginning why do it and piss a lot of people off?

My wife is a devoted SW fan and we have been subs since day 1 of early access. Today I was shocked when I saw her playing WOW. I loaded it yesterday after logging on to SWTOR and sitting there trying to think of what to do. There are many things I like better in SWTOR than WOW and many things I do not like about WOW. But the first day in, I found much to do. I could actually explore and swim in a lake. To this point I have not seen one quest that takes place in a tunnel, cave, or ice crevice. So for the time being we will be playing SWTOR when we play together and WOW when we play as individuals.

We are still waiting (likely forever) for a new title to come along that grabs us, so we can cancel our subs here and just leave and get our MMO fix elsewhere.

Edit: Just saw Ghisallo's response to the initial statement that lead to my question. I never was a FS spammer and played a full rotation on my SI. But as I understand what he is saying, the whole ratonal for the change was to force some players to push more buttons to come to the same point. If true, the devs took the time and made the effort and investment to force a part of the player universe to hit a few more buttons. Guess it makes sense.

Aries_cz
04.18.2015 , 09:06 AM | #909
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghisallo View Post
The nerfs were about adjusting the AoE balance and making it so it was, literally, not a one button spec in many circumstances. With both Sage and Sorc if you use the proper rotation total dps is little changed...it's just that you have to hit as many buttons as everyone else.
Watching this person doing 4,7DPS post nerf, if hitting 8 buttons is too much for people, I weep for future of gaming.

Knorlac
04.18.2015 , 02:39 PM | #910
You argumented with "look how Blizzard's massive team does it". Most of the time, their replies are "working on it, no ETA". I honestly want to know if it is quantity of meaningless dev replies that people want.
Of course it would still be unsatisfying if nothing ever came of it, but with BW you don't even know if certain issues have been acknowledged to exist at all over periods of weeks or even months. So having posts address those issues stating that they're actively working on resolving them would indeed be a step forward IMO.