Star Wars The Old Republic Netflix

Sadly I don't think they'll ever do it. Disney is very sensitive to Star Wars, and knows people legit love KOTOR 1 and 2. I highly doubt they'll ever make a storyline that invalidates it, plus they've made several references in CW or Rebels to plot points.

However, there's very little to gain and very much to lose by doing this. If they don't do it right people will be up in arms over it. I'm not sure what appeal it would also gain if they do an exact remake of events as they transpired, and changing it up risks alienating the hardcore gamers who adore the games.

I'd rather them just leave the good Pre-Phantom Menace EU alone and just keep trashing the Post-ROTJ legends, which belongs in a dumpster anyway. :D

ADDENDUM: except thrawn trilogy because thrawn trilogy.

Edited by MissilyMilcasia

Actually, and I want to preface this by saying that it mightn't be set in the old republic era.

But,

makes a pretty good argument about this.

Disney, in the near future are going to be pulling everything out of Netflix. Like, no Marvel, no SW, nothing that's owned by Disney. They are starting their own subscription streaming service, and like Joven said, it makes sense for Disney to announce their live action series to their new exclusive streaming service.

Now, why might someone pay for this new subscription service as opposed to Netflix? Well, the entire Marvel, and SWs libraries, for one. And They'll surely have included their Disney channel, for the kids, probably, possibly. They own everything, after all, and they'll be pulling all their stuff from Netflix.