Darth Vader Movie

Avesrin

Hello friends from the Galaxy Far, Far Away!

Not sure if there is already a thread here about this, but I was wondering how many of you guys would be down for a Darth Vader movie, and what you would like to see in it?

I personally wouldn't mind something similar to Marvel's Star Wars: Darth Vader (2015) comics... that section where he uses the Force to crash X-Wings together was awesome!

Oh, and this line:

https://www.retrozap.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/VD1FavPanel-e1448384767197.jpg

IF they were to make a movie about someone it should be either qui-gonn, count dooku, palpatine or obi wan training anakin between SW1 and SW2 (maybe even mace windu, but I am not keen on that)

Qui-Gonn: He is portrayed as a great jedi although we dont know much about him if you stop for a moment and think, it would be an interesting movie since he was dooku's apprentice and showed to be an expert force-weilder in his youth, thats why dooku took him.

Count Dooku: He was a great jedi who left the order since he didnt want to be part of the republic, he wasnt a sith yet, but then Qui-Gonn's death made palpatine convince him to join the dark side, apart from that and that he is and expert force weilder, we dont know anything else about him, he might have many stories we dont know of.

Palpatine: His youth is unknown by most of us, how became supreme chancellor, unknown too, he might have an interesting story to tell us that we yet don't know of?

Obi Wain training anakin between SW1 and SW2: It would be interesting what and how Anakin trained, also, since obi-wan started training him when he himself was a padawan still, it may show us to the pressure he was set to, a padawan training the person who is the chosen one, it may be interesting how he felt and how the rest felt towards him.

Qui-Gonn: He is portrayed as a great jedi although we dont know much about him if you stop for a moment and think, it would be an interesting movie since he was dooku's apprentice and showed to be an expert force-weilder in his youth, thats why dooku took him.

I think this would by far be the best, and most interesting, and like you said, we really don't know too much about him!

Count Dooku: He was a great jedi who left the order since he didnt want to be part of the republic, he wasnt a sith yet, but then Qui-Gonn's death made palpatine convince him to join the dark side, apart from that and that he is and expert force weilder, we dont know anything else about him, he might have many stories we dont know of.

Meh. I would deal if there was a movie, it would still be interesting, but I think a Qui-Gon movie would be the bigger draw. Still, it would be a decent film, I guess.

Palpatine: His youth is unknown by most of us, how became supreme chancellor, unknown too, he might have an interesting story to tell us that we yet don't know of?

Please no. Period, I hope Disney stay far away from him, and I think that he is even more overrated than Vader! At least, maybe his EU has just scared me off about him. Like, seriously, idk how any of his EU managed to be published! He and Luke are probably the two main reason why I have never read a SW book, except for the young Han series which was pretty decent.

Obi Wain training anakin between SW1 and SW2: It would be interesting what and how Anakin trained, also, since obi-wan started training him when he himself was a padawan still, it may show us to the pressure he was set to, a padawan training the person who is the chosen one, it may be interesting how he felt and how the rest felt towards him.

Especially because at first even Obi-Wan told Qui-Gon that Anakin was too old, and that the Jedi council would never accept him for training. Between episodes 1 and 2 I could probably see a fair bit of drama between those two, and plenty of frustration because like you said, Obi-Wan was still just a Padawan himself.

Edited by TyonYlle

I think this would by far be the best, and most interesting, and like you said, we really don't know too much about him!

Meh. I would deal if there was a movie, it would still be interesting, but I think a Qui-Gon movie would be the bigger draw. Still, it would be a decent film, I guess.

Please no. Period, I hope Disney stay far away from him, and I think that he is even more overrated than Vader! At least, maybe his EU has just scared me off about him. Like, seriously, idk how any of his EU managed to be published! He and Luke are probably the two main reason why I have never read a SW book, except for the young Han series which was pretty decent.

Especially because at first even Obi-Wan told Qui-Gon that Anakin was too old, and that the Jedi council would never accept him for training. Between episodes 1 and 2 I could probably see a fair bit of drama between those two, and plenty of frustration because like you said, Obi-Wan was still just a Padawan himself.

Yeah about Palpy I am with you, I just felt the curiosity about him, like his years with plagueis and the rise, nothing else xD

Anyways I liked your pov's about the different possible movies, and I have a question, do you think they should make a movie about the transition between The Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens? Because all that we know is that luke went emo mode and hid himself in an outer planet in which I dont know how he survived, The New Republic got wiped out, A massive army came out of nowhere with planet-killing planet (wat .-.) and what was the new republic became the resistance, apart from that we dont know much else lol I wouldnt mind some explaining

IF they were to make a movie about someone it should be either qui-gonn, count dooku, palpatine or obi wan training anakin between SW1 and SW2 (maybe even mace windu, but I am not keen on that)

A few corrections, all based on the approved cannon material:

Qui-gon is Dooku's apprentice but that's the only Dooku/Qui-gon related cannon information, only what is in Ep2.

Speaking of only what is in Ep2, that's all we are given on Dooku's turn. Nothing about Qui-gon being the reason. It was general problems with the Jedi Order, the Republic, and an offer of power.

Palpatine becoming chancellor was literally in Ep1. Gathering additional power to become "supreme chancellor" is largely outlined in Ep3.

Obi-wan became a Knight in Ep1, prior to officially taking Anakin as a Padawan. Direct quote:

"Yoda: "Confer on you the level of Jedi Knight, the Council does. But agree with your taking this boy as your Padawan learner, I do not." a few more lines are said and then Yoda agrees to allow Anakin to be his Padawan. So only a few minutes after becoming a knight, but it all happened on screen in Ep1.

Edited by annabethchase

I'd much rather have a Darth Maul movie but then again I'm a fanboy. Aside from that a bit more Dooku maybe, as he was a Sith but not really.

Darth Vader is done now. There's been more than enough exploration of his character by now even with Disney declaring the EU null and void.

Sorry, OP, but as others have said, I feel there has been enough about Vader already. No objection to having books or comics or graphics novels exploring him a bit more, but I do not believe we need a movie just about him.

Anyways I liked your pov's about the different possible movies, and I have a question, do you think they should make a movie about the transition between The Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens? Because all that we know is that luke went emo mode and hid himself in an outer planet in which I dont know how he survived, The New Republic got wiped out, A massive army came out of nowhere with planet-killing planet (wat .-.) and what was the new republic became the resistance, apart from that we dont know much else lol I wouldnt mind some explaining

Actually, and admittedly we're derailing what the thread was supposed to be about, but I think we've all come to the same conclusion about Vader, or most of us. :p

Out of everything that has been suggested, I think this is the most likely, because it would likely have to focus around Kylo, or at least make him a key player, and Kylo is Disney's babies along with Rey, Finn and Poe.

I think I might prefer a series about that, though, something akin to TCWs. I would adore a live-action, even if it was on the CW, but I think a series would do that time period more justice than a movie.