Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin Tank

Clonecaptia
03.24.2013 , 02:48 PM | #1
Are assassins any good at tanking even though they have light armour and look more of a DPS than tanking class?

Macharim
03.25.2013 , 06:41 AM | #2
They are excellent although more involved than the other tank classes. You have to cycle your cooldowns a lot more but on the upside you have very good mitigation and probably the best threat generation. A bad assassin tank is the worst tank you can have but a good one is at worst equal to the rest.

Grumpftard
03.25.2013 , 07:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Macharim View Post
They are excellent although more involved than the other tank classes. You have to cycle your cooldowns a lot more but on the upside you have very good mitigation and probably the best threat generation. A bad assassin tank is the worst tank you can have but a good one is at worst equal to the rest.
Agreed. By far the top tanking class if played right. You get someone that can't play it though, and it's just wretched.
That's not to say that they are complicated or *hard* to play. They just require you to pay attention to what your doing.
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

g_mK
03.29.2013 , 10:44 AM | #4
When doing HM and OPs on my Sent I was always glad when I got a Shadow/Assassin Tank, I always found them to be the better tanks.

verfallen
03.29.2013 , 11:52 AM | #5
They are a bit spikey to heals, but can take one heck of a beating, and have a button for every situation. Through their self-heals they get really awesome in solo PvE as well.

The only tank with a cc, stealth, compensate the lower armor with superior mitigation through their higher shielding/defense, and they have very good threat generation/mobility.

Sintank are able to hold bursting maras and snipers very awesomely.