Is there any way for non Force sensitive to raise their number of Midi-chlorians?

Slowpokeking

I remember the novel Darth Plagueis mentioned inject sensitive's blood can raise it for a bit, but not enough to make Force sensitive.

Also Yoda said Padme was strong in the force. Does make love with Force sensitive raise midi-chlorians?

Edited by Slowpokeking

Yes, aside from genetic engineering, there is:

Blood Transfusion

Manipulating the Force to cause force sensitivity even in those who were born force insensitive

Auto-immune responses

Exposure to certain artifacts

Infinite Empire tech (star forge)

Celestial tech

Lifetime exposure to ultra-force sensitive individuals may cause latent sensitivity

That's all I can think of.

Yes, aside from genetic engineering, there is:

Blood Transfusion

Manipulating the Force to cause force sensitivity even in those who were born force insensitive

Auto-immune responses

Exposure to certain artifacts

Infinite Empire tech (star forge)

Celestial tech

Lifetime exposure to ultra-force sensitive individuals may cause latent sensitivity

That's all I can think of.

Should we also add sex because of Yoda's quote?

On a serious note, there was a reason why midichlorians (still sounds like something a plant would produce) were only mentioned once in the entire Prequel Trilogy. They were a really REALLY bad plot device.

It explained why not everyone can use the Force.

It explained why not everyone can use the Force.

It was an attempt to de-mystify The Force. In comic book terms, the Jedi were space cops who used lightsabers and The Force instead of Power Rings. With the introduction of midichlorians, it turned them into a hybridization of the X-Men and the Green Lantern Corps. Definitely not George's best writing, tbh.

I stand by my earlier statement. Bad plot device.

Except that they say that the Force resides in everyone and MC is just in terms of how well one can communicate with it. It was a crap idea from the start and I thank BioWare's writing team from refraining from even the slightest mention of it or its existence in their works.

Agreed. The whole "take a blood test to determine if you're Force sensitive" competes -- in my mind at least -- with Jar Jar for Lowest Point in the prequels. They might as well have had Anakin go in the bathroom and pee on an EPT stick, or squeeze the handle on one of those "Test Your Love" machines at the penny arcade ("Ah! Powerful in the Force are you. Also a Red-Hot Lover!")

It was an attempt to de-mystify The Force. In comic book terms, the Jedi were space cops who used lightsabers and The Force instead of Power Rings. With the introduction of midichlorians, it turned them into a hybridization of the X-Men and the Green Lantern Corps. Definitely not George's best writing, tbh.

I stand by my earlier statement. Bad plot device.

Of course, because they have to create more Force users, it's better to de-mystify it, explain how it works rather than say "The Force agree ot refuse to do it."

Power Rings are objects, you can compare to the lightsaber but not the Force itself.

Of course, because they have to create more Force users, it's better to de-mystify it, explain how it works rather than say "The Force agree ot refuse to do it."

Power Rings are objects, you can compare to the lightsaber but not the Force itself.

Actually, the GLC Power Rings CAN be compared to both. It's a weapon, but is powered by the will of the user. It has an internal power supply, but isn't limited to a meter long beam of charged plasma. The Force responds to the will of the user, very similar to the Power Ring.

Actually, the GLC Power Rings CAN be compared to both. It's a weapon, but is powered by the will of the user. It has an internal power supply, but isn't limited to a meter long beam of charged plasma. The Force responds to the will of the user, very similar to the Power Ring.

Yes, it's powered by the will of the user, but they could not use the power without the ring.

The Force is different, it does not need any object to release the power. There are many strong individuals such as Thrawn, Pellaeon, Han Solo. why couldn't they use the power? It needs an explanation.

Yes, it's powered by the will of the user, but they could not use the power without the ring.

The Force is different, it does not need any object to release the power. There are many strong individuals such as Thrawn, Pellaeon, Han Solo. why couldn't they use the power? It needs an explanation.

Which is why I compare it to BOTH, instead of just one or the other. It's a combo-pack. Think of it as a Focus for the will. Some Force Users also have a Focus to aid in using the Force.

Also, most characters in DC can't use the GLC Power Rings. Their wills aren't strong enough.

Edited by Captain_Zone