First under 50 Warzone Impressions

bishup

GOOD

1. Awesome.

2. I didn't die in under 5 seconds.

3. Managed to get a kill.

4. Fights were intense and challenging

BAD

1. only about 8 people joined (could be because its so early and server maintenance)

Even though the warzone ended early, the minute I played of it was actually fun.

Here is hoping some 50s pick up alts and join the fun.

Your goning to be in for a big shock when you hit lvl 50 and start getting crushed. You'll wish all lvls were allowed into warzones again. From what I've experienced several classes were more then a match for a fresh lvl 50. But now a fresh lvl 50 will enter a warzone and will fight people in battle master gear, trust me you'll feel like a lvl 10 toon all over again.

Your goning to be in for a big shock when you hit lvl 50 and start getting crushed. You'll wish all lvls were allowed into warzones again. From what I've experienced several classes were more then a match for a fresh lvl 50. But now a fresh lvl 50 will enter a warzone and will fight people in battle master gear, trust me you'll feel like a lvl 10 toon all over again.

Because as we all know, this never happened when all levels were in one bracket.

That's no different from before. Most of the people you saw in warzones were 50's in PvP gear, usually in some guild premade.

The difference will be that players will have had up to 39 levels of being able to practice on equal footing. They should be more used to their class in PvP once they're 50 since they'll get to actually play, rather than be an underpowered easy farming kill due to being at a disadvantage in damage, damage reduction, healing, consumables, buffs...

Edited by jcyrus

Not me. I actually think that bolster 1-49 is working fairly well. I will play 9 alts to 49 before considering moving one of them to 50.

The balanced pvp will exist in the 1-49 bracket. I tend to agree with you, the level 50 bracket will always be a gear race. As long as bolster seems to be working 1-49 like I think it is, there may never be a reason for me to ding 50.

Edited by halltw

But that's the way progression works. It's like the movie The Layer Cake explaining the facts of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-hjN8CGI0k&feature=related

Edited by Amp_

Not me. I actually think that bolster 1-49 is working fairly well. I will play 9 alts to 49 before considering moving one of them to 50.

The balanced pvp will exist in the 1-49 bracket. I tend to agree with you, the level 50 bracket will always be a gear race. As long as bolster seems to be working 1-49 like I think it is, there may never be a reason for me to ding 50.

I'm with you. I benched my 50 Scoundrel, even though he's got mostly Champion pieces and 450+ expertise simply because 10-49 is 10000x more fun.

Favorite part of the patch is not having to listen to level 50s blame 1 or 2 sub 50s as the reason they lost. (Hint: If both teams have the same amount of 50s, you might want to do some introspection for the blame.)

Actually, the most of the recent warzones were 70% of 50s and 30% of lowlvls. So, I believe that those who played these warzones will not be too disappointed when he reaches lvl 50.

How many of those 50s would stand a chance against anyone but a no-Expertise lowbie?

Here you can have this

http://qkme.me/35n0mk

Think that will sum it up. INC expertise normalization and bolstering after 50. Get with the trend Bioware and save yourself the nightmare

Edited by Puremallace

^^^ This.

Exactly.

This will be perfect for REAL PvP...not carebear PvP (gear race) where time invested = easy win, no skill required.

Face it, the "PvP" before Patch 1.1 was really PvE raiding. Those with the 40-50 hours a week to play could have fun doing it; the rest of the player base could not participate.

Edited by Laserstrike

^^^ This.

Exactly.

This will be perfect for REAL PvP...not carebear PvP (gear race) where time invested = easy win, no skill required.

Is it kind of ironic. I was looking more forward to PvP'ing on my lowbies again than I was for the 50 bracket. I think the 50 bracket will be fun and is a good thing, but I'm more excited to hop on my lowbies again.

second post that u have said basically the same thing. do you just find posts to copy and paste your line about "whiners?"

Not that I know you are paying attention, I will say it again. About 75 percent of the posts on these forums were about how 50s single handedly ruined WZs for people. Now that the bracket is in place, I for one am thankful that I will not have to listen to it any more and these forums can focus on other issues since everything is fixed.

Not that I know you are paying attention, I will say it again. About 75 percent of the posts on these forums were about how 50s single handedly ruined WZs for people. Now that the bracket is in place, I for one am thankful that I will not have to listen to it any more and these forums can focus on other issues since everything is fixed.

Except the broken-mirror and numbers imbalance favouring Empire, that is.