No Achievements for CM items in 2.0

MDR_WeedKnight

I believe there should be no Achievements tied to any of the items released on the Cartel Market. Achievements should be obtainable in-game only as a subscriber with no need to purchase from the Cartel Market.

I thought EA and BioWare would have learned from there mistakes with Mass Effect 3 but i guess not.

I believe there should be no Achievements tied to any of the items released on the Cartel Market. Achievements should be obtainable in-game only as a subscriber with no need to purchase from the Cartel Market.

I thought EA and BioWare would have learned from there mistakes with Mass Effect 3 but i guess not.

As far as I know there aren't any achievements attached besides the titles, assuming you are referring to it on terms the achievement system as we know it on the PTS.

Edited by Hyfy

As far as I know there aren't any achievements attached besides the top title, assuming you are referring to it on terms the achievement system as we know it on the PTS.

Not sure what you mean by "top title" but on the PTS to get 100% completion you need to buy the "Cartel Collector, Crime Lord, Blockade Runner, Skip Tracer, Space Pirate" titles.

There is no need, there's the GTN ;)

I believe there's an achievement for the Cathar Honor Sword and two other weapons, from memory.

I agree, there should be absolutely no achievements tied to the Cartel Market, regardless of how cheap the items can be purchased from the GTN.

Not sure what you mean by "top title" but on the PTS to get 100% completion you need to buy the "Cartel Collector, Crime Lord, Blockade Runner, Skip Tracer, Space Pirate" titles.

Sorry that was supposed to be "besides the titles", my phones auto correct however decided it knew what I wanted to say better than I did. Your confusion there is a byproduct of my phones ego asserting itself. Corrected it on my original post.

After reading yours and the others posts I see how it can be looked at that way. Though I would point out as I have in other threads you don't have to spend real life money to get these things though. It you weren't able to acquire them through the GTN also I would be the first to be vocal about that decision but seeing as you can get them by in game means I do t have issue with it.

Edit: I suppose I should clarify a bit more. By "the titles" I was meaning the 2 you get by hitting the 3rd and 5th tier of the actual rep. I wasn't even thinking of the ones that come in the packs like Cartel Collector etc.

Edited by Hyfy

I believe there's an achievement for the Cathar Honor Sword and two other weapons, from memory.

I agree, there should be absolutely no achievements tied to the Cartel Market, regardless of how cheap the items can be purchased from the GTN.

You're right! Cathar weapon achievements *shudders*

That's a terrible idea. But that's what the PTS is for, catching mistakes.

So let's get the Cathar gear achievements removed too.

You're right! Cathar weapon achievements *shudders*

That's a terrible idea. But that's what the PTS is for, catching mistakes.

So let's get the Cathar gear achievements removed too.

Again if there was no way to get the items in game even if its by proxy through the GTN then I would agree with you and the others but that's not the case. Yes it does require someone getting it from CM to start the process but just going off of the history of the GTN sales of similar items you will most certainly have the opportunity to acquire these items needed for the achievements associated with them.

Again if there was no way to get the items in game even if its by proxy through the GTN then I would agree with you and the others but that's not the case. Yes it does require someone getting it from CM to start the process but just going off of the history of the GTN sales of similar items you will most certainly have the opportunity to acquire these items needed for the achievements associated with them.

The Aratech Eclipse appears to be included in the Achievement "Gearhead." So now to get a title we have to buy about 80 million credits worth of packs? Hy does that honestly seem fair to you? We can't even buy the Eclipse off the GTN, we have to buy the packs to get the Rep to even be able to purchase the Eclipse!

The Aratech Eclipse appears to be included in the Achievement "Gearhead." So now to get a title we have to buy about 80 million credits worth of packs? Hy does that honestly seem fair to you? We can't even buy the Eclipse off the GTN, we have to buy the packs to get the Rep to even be able to purchase the Eclipse!

I never said it wouldn't take an investment of time, part of the point is you are just as likely to get the rep tokens out of the cartel packs bought off of the GTN as someone who buys it from the market with CC's.

Tell me why does everything have to be "fair". Is it fair that we pay $15 a month to play the game while F2P people don't?

if it comes from CM at all than it should not count as they will be discontinuing the old packs very soon, this is unfair to current and future subscribers.

"Very soon" seems to be pretty subjective not to mention your opinion of how Bioware should run the joint. The last round of cartel packs stuck around for 5-6 months. Also I am curious, because I don't know what the answer is for sure, but how many of those items that were from the first shipment of packs (IE. Blockade runner, Skip Tracer, etc.) like Revans mask and the Overlord throne are part of the new achievement system as items to "collect". The reason I ask this is because they took some of those items and made them continually available by putting them into a vendor on fleet, and I am willing to bet that if those items are also part of the achievement system that you will see the Cathar Honor Sword and the like added to it eventually. Call it a prediction if ya want, but I'd go dollars to donuts that if thats the case then they will.