Cross faction is a very good idea!(founder)

Going

Cross faction is a horribe idea.

I like the faction WZ's.

After the horrible "all one sauce and we love each other" Eternal Empire storyline they go back storywise to Reps vs Empire and now THIS for WZ?!

This garbage is only put in due to dramtically dropping player numbers.

Being advertised as "improvement" this is really a joke...

Cross faction is a horribe idea.

I like the faction WZ's.

After the horrible "all one sauce and we love each other" Eternal Empire storyline they go back storywise to Reps vs Empire and now THIS for WZ?!

This garbage is only put in due to dramtically dropping player numbers.

Being advertised as "improvement" this is really a joke...

Your attitude is the real joke. I'm fine with you complaining about the homogenized story - that makes ZERO sense...but to whine over PvP is just silly. RED=DEAD. PvP isn't part of the story, PvP happens 100% independent of any of the story.

I'd perfer to have same faction warzones so I can make fun of whichever faction I'm playing against. But that is a distant second to consistent warzone pops and, for the love of all things holy, hopefully less yavins and odessyns popping just to get a warzone going.

But then here comes Camelot Unchained right around the corner and it will all be a moot point.

Edited by Wimbleton

+1 in support from me. i dont mind cross faction as so much as i mind massive imbalance when I do a WZ. nothing is more demoralizing as earning every single one of those 20 weekly wins one long dreadful match at a time. NO ONE likes to be steamrolled every match. No one.

with the changes coming everyone may get the chance to enjoy the play. I might even try GSF again...which made the steam rolls in regular pvp look like nothing. fly...blow up...fly fly blowup....at least in regular pvp i did stand a chance here and there. im not geared or specced with pvp in mind so i tend to die a bit.

Your attitude is the real joke. I'm fine with you complaining about the homogenized story - that makes ZERO sense...but to whine over PvP is just silly. RED=DEAD. PvP isn't part of the story, PvP happens 100% independent of any of the story.

Than how come the new Yavin and OPG map which came out during the Alliance storyline were the only maps that were cross faction? That'd be one hell of a coinsodence.

Also, if it isn't part of the story, how come I am recieving spoken orders from a commanding officers telling me to stop the Republic Forces and when it isn't a pub team they don't say Republic? And what about that exclamation of "For the Empire!"

If story doesn't matter how come even though there is currently a state of peace between the Empire and the Republic you never seen Imps and Pubs on the same team in any other Maps other than the two that were released during the Allliance crap storyline?

*How come in every single WZ there are NPCs talking about Republic and Imperial forces? If none of that matters, why make the distinction?

*Who's telling me to destroy "our enemies" and who is "our"?

*How come class Icons are different from the other faction's mirror class?

*It isn't about Lore, it's about immersion. You cannot seperate Jedi from the Republic, anymore than you can seperate Sith from the Empire. Sith and Jedi are enemies, always.

I want to fight Jedi, that's why I'm playing Sith.

There is not one single person that has ever joined this game at any time thinking to themselves that it would be impossible to ever have a team of Imperials fight a team of Pubs. No one ever thought they would join this game and be able to team up with members of the opposing faction. No one ever thought it would be possible to have Jedi and Sith working together on the same team. Not once, not one person, not ever.

If I was a newer player looking to maybe join SWTOR now and I heard that it was impossible for Imperials to Fight Pubs, and that Jedi and Sith could be on the same team and not want to or be able to kill each other, I literally wouldn't dream of joining the game than. I would never have even tried it.

I have nothing against you, I rather like you actually, but, you don't get to say what is part of story and what isn't. You don't get a say, I don't get a say, no one gets a say except for BW.

Ive been playing 6 years, I have never taken a break, Iv'e done HM/NiM progression raiding here for years and am now an avid PVPer [i dont do pve anymore at all],that said, I can't even begin to reason how anyone could not think WZs were things taking place in the storyline. You can't exclude every aspect of "out of character" things that go on in games because it needs to be that players and not the characters they are playing are made to understand how things work so I don't see that so much as immersion breaking as it is is rather a necessity.

It seems extremely clear to me that WZs are intended to represent the countless 1000s of battles that take place during any way on all different scales. Sometimes many divisions facing the same level of enemy and sometimes those battles involve no more than a patrol squad [8] [Like in Band of Brothers for example].

To say that WZs don't have a background story would be impossible, just as impossible as saying operations, or Flash points or Conquest or Heroics have no background story. Just because content is repeatable doesn't mean that every subsequent playthrough after the first time ceases to have any relation to the background story. Every time you do the same dailies that you have done a 1000 times, that background story is still there, you still are existing within it's context, if that were not so than how come when I go to a planet that Ive been too 700 times before and I enter 'Republic territory' even though there is no War between the Republic and the Empire I get attacked on sight no matter what I do. I could lay on the floor spread eagle and I will still be attacked and killed every single time.

It's called a Warzone for a reason, and there is only one possible definition for the word War zone

war zone

noun

noun: warzone

a region in which a war is being fought.

"more troops were transferred to the war zone".

I can respect the fact that you simply don't care about the background story in WZs that's fine, that's totally your right and an understandable stance to take because you have done the same wzs 90000 times. Thing is, I've done them 90000 times too and I can still hear Imperial Officers giving me orders and pointing out that the Republic is our enemy and I am ordered to "destroy them all". You hear that same thing being said Tux, you might block it out because you've heard it 90000 times hehe sure, but, that doesn't make it any less there.

There is not one single type of content that a player does in this game wherein it is not taking place in the context of the Star Wars universe.

Again, I'm not saying you should care about it, that's entirely a personal choice, but until such a time as you can explain why someone who sounds an aweful lot like an Imperial Officer is telling 'me' to destroy the Empire's enemies and to destroy the Republic, I can't see how it could be possible to see it any other way than being spoken in the context of the background story and ethos of the Star Wars Universe.

If PVP is not related to Star Wars and it's background than we might as well be able to play as a Transformer, A My little Pony, a Smurf, a Klingon, or Peter North just with the same stats and abilities we have with our characters and thusly shouldn't matter in the slightest because it would in no way change anything other than aesthetics.

As far as I am concerned, unless under the most dire of circumstances that necessity would demand [like the present storyline with the Alliance crap] there is no reason that a Sith and a Jedi should be in each other's company and not trying to rip each other's heads off. It literally makes the game less fun for me because that's not Star Wars, at least not any Star Wars Ive ever known.

They didn't make cross faction because they thought it would be cool and in keeping with core Star Wars, they did it because they felt they had no choice for technical reasons, reasons which I can understand even if I don't like what they demand.

Game's longevity matters more and trumps other considerations sometimes and I'll suck it up for the sake of the game because I'd rather the game go on, [needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few]. But please, please don't say that it doesn't make a difference because from my vantage point, Jedi and Sith Fighting side by side is literally the single stupidest thing this game has ever done. I can't think of any that is my integrity breaking than that.

I love Star Wars, I've always loved Star Wars. Cross factioning? That's not Star Wars not by a long shot. If it's not the War between the Empire and the Republic, than what war are they referring to?

But, I am willing nonetheless to agree to disagree on the subject.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

As long as you get the imp or pub intro dialog to each map, does it really matter what the avatar next to you looks like?

To me? Yes, it does matter. Just like it would matter if Yoda was teaming up with the Emperor. Who thinks that would be a good idea for the next movie?

Perhaps Snoke and Rey should have dated for a while, that'd of made a interesting storyline.

Nazis and Americans only interacted in one way with each other during WW2 and that was via trying to kill each other. [and i'm so pissed I missed out on that, I'd love to fight the Nazis!!!!! =p

You don't have to agree with someone elses opinion for it to be valid that they hold the opinion that they do.

I can't figure out how any straight guy could go out in public in a pink shirt, but hey, that's his favorite color, it didn't matter what my favorite color is to him when he got dressed that morning. Personally, I woulda opted for the black shirt :rolleyes:

Some people like playing healers, you couldn't pay to ever play one, I have never played one the gazillion games I have played and I never will. Why? Preference. I like hurting people more than helping them =p, that doesn't make me respect healers any less, I friggen love them.

It isn't an issue of agreement, it's an issue of respect.

So your more concerned with what your teammates are wearing? :eek:

The same way I am concerned about how short a hot chicks dress is.

I don't care what they are wearing , I care that they are Jedi and I can't attack them.

There is not one movie that ever had a Sith and a Jedi interact with each that did not lead to a fight. They all end up killing each other. [Except for Yoda cuz he was in hiding]

In fact, there are instances where the same Jedi and Sith that have already fought in the past end up fighting each other again.

Yoda and Count Dooku knew each other. Kenobi and Anakin/Vader new each other. Vader and the Emperor knew each other, Luke and Vader knew each other. Maul and the Emperor knew each other. They had all been friends and associates in the past but some were jedi who became sith and that's exactly why they ended up killing each other.

You think it makes sense for Yoda to be hanging out with Dark Lords of the Sith, that's fine, that's your opinion, but it isn't mine and I think it's just plain stupid.

Why doesn't matter. Why is my favorite color different that yours? Who knows? Who cares? What could it possibly effect in each others lives what colors we like? Same thing.

That's like asking someone why there favorite food isnt Pizza and that they are wrong for like Chinese food heh

There is no right or wrong, there is preference. I'm not trying to change anyone elses opinion or telling them they are wrong for thinking Grey Jedi are cool when I think they are dumb as all hell, Their game, their way. I don't get a say in what other people like nor would I want to.

Than how come the new Yavin and OPG map which came out during the Alliance storyline were the only maps that were cross faction? That'd be one hell of a coinsodence.

This is all I read of your post - it may have been great, and I mean no offense by not reading the rest, it was just too long to read for a topic this silly.

Yavin and OPG are cross faction because the population had declined enough that it was necessary to make those that way. Since then, our population has declined more...and we need this more than ever. I only look to see if we have Imps on my team to determine if I might have a chance at winning...the less Pubs, the better my odds.

This is all I read of your post - it may have been great, and I mean no offense by not reading the rest, it was just too long to read for a topic this silly.

Yavin and OPG are cross faction because the population had declined enough that it was necessary to make those that way. Since then, our population has declined more...and we need this more than ever. I only look to see if we have Imps on my team to determine if I might have a chance at winning...the less Pubs, the better my odds.

That's fine, I get it, NP.

I don't agree with that being the reason they are cross faction because there isn't enough coincidence in the world that it just so happens that the only two maps that were ever cross faction were both released at a time when the storyline had forced a temporary Alliance between the factions. I can't see it any other way and unless you have some proof that they did it for the reasons you stated , that's just conjecture. It's fine that that's the conclusion you drew but that doesn't make it necessarily true or can be stated as a fact.

Like you said, doesn't matter, that horse has been dead for over 24 hours now heh

As far as the "less pubs the better your odds" comment [which I agree with =p], I'd start ducking now heh

That's fine, I get it, NP.

I don't agree with that being the reason they are cross faction because there isn't enough coincidence in the world that it just so happens that the only two maps that were ever cross faction were both released at a time when the storyline had forced a temporary Alliance between the factions. I can't see it any other way and unless you have some proof that they did it for the reasons you stated , that's just conjecture. It's fine that that's the conclusion you drew but that doesn't make it necessarily true or can be stated as a fact.

Like you said, doesn't matter, that horse has been dead for over 24 hours now heh

Likewise, I also understand your "concern"...PvP is traditionally faction vs faction, so I can understand why this is 'troubling'. I just think the days of faction meaning anything in this game are loooong gone. Right now, we need participants far more than we need the correct faction.

Because they were released pre-merge in a time of low population numbers on every server. They already knew they needed to do something about queue pops and that was the answer. Now they're doing it for all the maps because it worked. Those are the only two maps that ever pop. That's no coincidence. They crafted a story around the need to make them cross faction. It had nothing whatsoever to do with RP.

I care that they are Jedi and I can't attack them.

Wait till you start seeing those mando pools of green healing you and their green beams of light! Wait till that sage is earth-quaking your enemies! You will fall in love with the pubs, just wait! :)

Ohh, and wait till you get to run into battle with those guardians that hold their light sabers like baseball bats! I think you just might end up liking cross faction WZs, Grim!

Edited by Lhancelot

snip... Right now, we need participants far more than we need the correct faction.

thats about it. from what i read on their intention, faction vs faction takes priority, but when there isnt enough of one side vs the other and that the "rating" of players on one side greatly outweighs the "rating" of the other then they choose cross faction.

i get that some folks love to be on the winning side time and time again; they love steam rolling the other side with reckless abandon, but its no fun for the losing side at all when teams our out weighed and, in turn, causes them to just not que. i know, when playing my pubs, that after about 5 matches of being face smashed i just dont reque any longer. i am by no means a great pvper, but im not a slouch either. i play objectives the entire match.

la PvP est mort, vive la PvP.

Likewise, I also understand your "concern"...PvP is traditionally faction vs faction, so I can understand why this is 'troubling'. I just think the days of faction meaning anything in this game are loooong gone. Right now, we need participants far more than we need the correct faction.

PvP is also "traditionally" open world where you have territory or resources to fight over as well as rivalries. Warzones are just scrimmages. I've never once, in any game, felt any sort of immersion of my alliance or any allegiance from a warzone. Fun to play. Fun to fight over spawn points or objectives, but that's the extent of it. Otherwise it's just red=dead and tally up the kills or points at the end to see who won. Queue for another.

My surroundings have always been important to me in a game. if I don't feel it, it's no fun. Call that immersion or RP if you want but that's never been a factor in whether or not warzones are fun for me. The objectives are. Tedium, or lack of, is. Playing with and sometimes against friends is. But not immersion.

If it's needed to preserve the game than that's how it has to be. I don't want the game to end. I'm just not convinced that leaving a map or two non-cross faction would make the difference in terms of necessity. One or two maps not being cross faction would at least allow for the possibility of an occasional rare instance of a full Imp team going against a full pub team. If there was at least that small chance it would make all the cross-factiong that coming a bit easier to accept. No chance is a bitter pill to swallow.

If you look around the various strings about this subject you will see I'm not the only one that feels this way, but I must concede that there certainly seems to be more pro-cross faction than anti-cross faction of those responding in these threads.

I love the game, I don't want to see it lose more players or end earlier than it has too that's why I only fought for some maps to remain non cross faction. I lost that fight heh

Wait till you start seeing those mando pools of green healing you and their green beams of light! Wait till that sage is earth-quaking your enemies! You will fall in love with the pubs, just wait! :)

Ohh, and wait till you get to run into battle with those guardians that hold their light sabers like baseball bats! I think you just might end up liking cross faction WZs, Grim!

Hahah! Ya never know Lhance! Anything's possible!

Like hell freezing over =p

What's with the baseball bat style anyways?!? Pubs gotta stop taking fighting lessons from Mon Mothma!!

I love the game, I don't want to see it lose more players or end earlier than it has too that's why I only fought for some maps to remain non cross faction. I lost that fight heh

As do I (love the game). I'm not happy you lost the fight...I wish we had the population to fill faction only WZ's still.

Also, if it isn't part of the story, how come I am recieving spoken orders from a commanding officers telling me to stop the Republic Forces and when it isn't a pub team they don't say Republic? And what about that exclamation of "For the Empire!"

If story doesn't matter how come even though there is currently a state of peace between the Empire and the Republic you never seen Imps and Pubs on the same team in any other Maps other than the two that were released during the Allliance crap storyline?

*How come in every single WZ there are NPCs talking about Republic and Imperial forces? If none of that matters, why make the distinction?

*Who's telling me to destroy "our enemies" and who is "our"?

*How come class Icons are different from the other faction's mirror class?

*It isn't about Lore, it's about immersion. You cannot seperate Jedi from the Republic, anymore than you can seperate Sith from the Empire. Sith and Jedi are enemies, always.

I want to fight Jedi, that's why I'm playing Sith.

There is not one single person that has ever joined this game at any time thinking to themselves that it would be impossible to ever have a team of Imperials fight a team of Pubs. No one ever thought they would join this game and be able to team up with members of the opposing faction. No one ever thought it would be possible to have Jedi and Sith working together on the same team. Not once, not one person, not ever.

If I was a newer player looking to maybe join SWTOR now and I heard that it was impossible for Imperials to Fight Pubs, and that Jedi and Sith could be on the same team and not want to or be able to kill each other, I literally wouldn't dream of joining the game than. I would never have even tried it.

I have nothing against you, I rather like you actually, but, you don't get to say what is part of story and what isn't. You don't get a say, I don't get a say, no one gets a say except for BW.

Ive been playing 6 years, I have never taken a break, Iv'e done HM/NiM progression raiding here for years and am now an avid PVPer [i dont do pve anymore at all],that said, I can't even begin to reason how anyone could not think WZs were things taking place in the storyline. You can't exclude every aspect of "out of character" things that go on in games because it needs to be that players and not the characters they are playing are made to understand how things work so I don't see that so much as immersion breaking as it is is rather a necessity.

It seems extremely clear to me that WZs are intended to represent the countless 1000s of battles that take place during any way on all different scales. Sometimes many divisions facing the same level of enemy and sometimes those battles involve no more than a patrol squad [8] [Like in Band of Brothers for example].

To say that WZs don't have a background story would be impossible, just as impossible as saying operations, or Flash points or Conquest or Heroics have no background story. Just because content is repeatable doesn't mean that every subsequent playthrough after the first time ceases to have any relation to the background story. Every time you do the same dailies that you have done a 1000 times, that background story is still there, you still are existing within it's context, if that were not so than how come when I go to a planet that Ive been too 700 times before and I enter 'Republic territory' even though there is no War between the Republic and the Empire I get attacked on sight no matter what I do. I could lay on the floor spread eagle and I will still be attacked and killed every single time.

It's called a Warzone for a reason, and there is only one possible definition for the word War zone

war zone

noun

noun: warzone

a region in which a war is being fought.

"more troops were transferred to the war zone".

I can respect the fact that you simply don't care about the background story in WZs that's fine, that's totally your right and an understandable stance to take because you have done the same wzs 90000 times. Thing is, I've done them 90000 times too and I can still hear Imperial Officers giving me orders and pointing out that the Republic is our enemy and I am ordered to "destroy them all". You hear that same thing being said Tux, you might block it out because you've heard it 90000 times hehe sure, but, that doesn't make it any less there.

There is not one single type of content that a player does in this game wherein it is not taking place in the context of the Star Wars universe.

Again, I'm not saying you should care about it, that's entirely a personal choice, but until such a time as you can explain why someone who sounds an aweful lot like an Imperial Officer is telling 'me' to destroy the Empire's enemies and to destroy the Republic, I can't see how it could be possible to see it any other way than being spoken in the context of the background story and ethos of the Star Wars Universe.

If PVP is not related to Star Wars and it's background than we might as well be able to play as a Transformer, A My little Pony, a Smurf, a Klingon, or Peter North just with the same stats and abilities we have with our characters and thusly shouldn't matter in the slightest because it would in no way change anything other than aesthetics.

As far as I am concerned, unless under the most dire of circumstances that necessity would demand [like the present storyline with the Alliance crap] there is no reason that a Sith and a Jedi should be in each other's company and not trying to rip each other's heads off. It literally makes the game less fun for me because that's not Star Wars, at least not any Star Wars Ive ever known.

They didn't make cross faction because they thought it would be cool and in keeping with core Star Wars, they did it because they felt they had no choice for technical reasons, reasons which I can understand even if I don't like what they demand.

Game's longevity matters more and trumps other considerations sometimes and I'll suck it up for the sake of the game because I'd rather the game go on, [needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few]. But please, please don't say that it doesn't make a difference because from my vantage point, Jedi and Sith Fighting side by side is literally the single stupidest thing this game has ever done. I can't think of any that is my integrity breaking than that.

I love Star Wars, I've always loved Star Wars. Cross factioning? That's not Star Wars not by a long shot. If it's not the War between the Empire and the Republic, than what war are they referring to?

But, I am willing nonetheless to agree to disagree on the subject.

I'm not even going to lie, I did not read your post past the first few sentences because it is WAYYYYY too long. TLDR would be helpful next time. I know people have their things that they are passionate about, but dude/dudette, it is only a game. It is not that serious. I can't say I'm a fan of fighting with the "enemy" either, but if it gets people into matches faster and keeps queues popping, is that really a bad thing?

I find it a bit hard to believe that people are against something like this. Ideally though, it would be great if it could remain the way it is, but we simply don't have the people. Isn't this a better alternative to actually get queues going, or do we rather wait quite a while longer, but keep things as they are. I'm happy with this change, I'll also have the chance to play with people I have been playing "against" more, I think that's pretty cool. :)

BUT THAT'S JUST ME!

:d_cool:

(this isn't about the op btw) :p