Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Onslaught walker quests

Selout
05.25.2020 , 07:03 PM | #1
Iíve never seen such a poorly executed vehicle quest chain as these walker quests in any RPG/MMO. Just awful combat and the end quest is the worst ďbossĒ fight Iíve ever seen in 20+ years of gaming. The walkers are clunky, unresponsive and slow. Whoever thought this was fun needs to lookup the word fun for clarification. Horrid. Not sure I even want to complete this garbage quest chain. Takes all the fun out. Let me play my class not this crappy walker.

SteveTheCynic
05.26.2020 , 12:16 AM | #2
Where in Onslaught are there walker segments?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

jedimasterjac
05.26.2020 , 10:57 PM | #3
There are no walker quests in Onslaught.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

Eveningfirelight
06.04.2020 , 11:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Selout View Post
Iíve never seen such a poorly executed vehicle quest chain as these walker quests in any RPG/MMO. Just awful combat and the end quest is the worst ďbossĒ fight Iíve ever seen in 20+ years of gaming. The walkers are clunky, unresponsive and slow. Whoever thought this was fun needs to lookup the word fun for clarification. Horrid. Not sure I even want to complete this garbage quest chain. Takes all the fun out. Let me play my class not this crappy walker.
Maybe you are thinking about The KOTET walkers. They were horrid. I hated those. I havenít played Onslaught but from what Iíve heard there isnít any in Onslaught.
Happy endings aren't always what we think they will be. That is what makes them so special.

perotta
06.05.2020 , 12:53 PM | #5
Fairly certain (as others have said) Onslaught doesn't have walkers, and thank goodness for that.

However, KOTET had them, and so did Iokath. Holy piglets, Iokath. KOTET walker sections were pretty bad, but I'd say Iokath took the cake and smashed it into my face. There was that mission where you fight three (?) walkers in a small room. Maybe that's what you meant, OP?

ConnorWarman
06.06.2020 , 09:48 AM | #6
I just completed KotET last night and as other said you may be thinking about the walker segments from that expansion. They were painful. I'm amazed that got through play-testing without being cut.
For the Republic!

SteveTheCynic
06.07.2020 , 05:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ConnorWarman View Post
I just completed KotET last night and as other said you may be thinking about the walker segments from that expansion. They were painful. I'm amazed that got through play-testing without being cut.
On release, some of the faults weren't there. To be sure, the walkers were clunky, couldn't strafe, etc. (just like today), but the general fighting difficulty was less ... stressful than today.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

Bxvx
06.19.2020 , 05:53 PM | #8
Those walkers you have to get in out side of the base in Odessen were super clunky took me forever to get the hang of it, really wish I could of just stealthed passed all that crap!