Guide: Making Credits

Goshee

You can some times find belts or wrist at reduce prices on ah and resell them for a lot more money or rare items like orange light armor pants. You can resell them on ah for hundreds of gold cause they don't require social points to wear and they look kinda nice. I bought a pair couple days ago for 7k and I know I can sell them for at least 100k, but probably between 100k-300k or more. I don't have lvl 50 and on my highest level char, a level 40, I currently have like 800k and I'm sitting on a pair of orange belts I can sell for at least 200k. Just not sure yet if I should sell it or give it to my sage.

200k for orange Belt ? crafted or rare item ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
The BOE orange wrist and waist items are selling VERY well at the moment 195k - 250k the last 3 I have sold. I get mine from level 1 treasure hunting.

Good guide by the way

are u really sure about the schematic dropping from lvl 1 treasure hunting? or would it be lvl underworld trading? i ran lvl 1 treasure hunting missions continuously for 2h yesterday (4 crew members, 100ish TH skill). there wasnt even 1 schematic and i ran 120 mission lvl 1 missions (4member, 4 min duration/mission, 2h playtime)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Been playing since release and finally started getting into crafting. I never crafted in any other MMO because it was always daunting for me. I can see why so many people are enjoying it, and this article really helped flesh out the money-making process of crafting. Thank you so much!! Time to go roll in those credits now. :cool:

• 1 month later...
Thanks this was a good guide and I know this was stated before but i'm glad this is not one of those obnoxious guides where the guide creator was full of themselves and saying they knew all there was to credit making.

• 2 months later...

Greetings all. Nice thread, from OP to helpful comments in response.

One money making option I would like to add is Ship Missions. I run all 15 missions on my lvl 50 and get between 100-110k depending upon how well I do on the bonus and hidden bonus mission objectives.

On my lvl 47 I run the 14 I have access to and get around 80k.

My lvl 21 even makes 15k for the 5 she has access to.

I like doing ship missions because they allow time for crafting in between runs, they are pretty much guaranteed (no respawns, competition or random PVP ganking, and I actually enjoy them.

just wanted to add a bit of a correction

The when your item sells on the GTN, you get all but a small % of your deposit back, the GTN doesnt keep it.

For instance, a 15000 2day auction had like a 2k deposit, the GTN kept 900 credits

another auction for 369k had like a 50k deposit and the GTN kept 22k of it.

Pro tip of the day, sell your stuff in trade chat if at all possible...I'd have made 391k instead of 369k on that auction.

Pro tip of the day, sell your stuff in trade chat if at all possible...I'd have made 391k instead of 369k on that auction.

Not really, because while you are sitting at Fleet trying to hock your wares, I am out doing daily quests and/or PvP and/or FPs. In the time you make that "extra" ~20k, I probably make 100k

Edited by psandak

Not really, because while you are sitting at Fleet trying to hock your wares, I am out doing daily quests and/or PvP and/or FPs. In the time you make that "extra" ~20k, I probably make 100k

It doesn't hurt to give a shout out especially on higher end items. Nice to craft a 500k item knowing you have a COD waiting for it. But I wouldn't spend hours doing it. It's something I do for 10 minutes or so when I'm hitting the GTN looking for deal or post other items.

• 6 months later...

Great guide! (as nearly everybody else has already said. . .but oh well)

As far as crafting and making money goes, I have found that people tend to snap up blue items that are cheap. So say that someone is selling a green belt for 4000, a blue belt of the same type that is sold for or less than 4000 is going to be picked up.

Artificer is great for making credits off of players that are below lvl 50 as everybody needs colour crystals and enhancements for their moddable gear. Another one that isn't mentioned is that synthweaving is a good credit maker. Just the other day my lvl 50 jugg sold about 14 armbands, gloves and boots in less than a day (yes, my jugg makes clothes). I was blown away that people actually bought everything that I pretty much put up.

And yes, undercutting peoples prices with cheap, blue (or purple or orange) items is a great way to make money on top of what everyone else in this thread has posted. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to say thank you for taking time to make this guide. It's very unique and well written. I myself have been using these techniques or modified version of this (especially the GTN) to maintain status as one of the wealthiest players in my MMO experience. Now whenever someone asks how I did it, I'm just going to send them to your page.

• 6 months later...
When I was about level 20 or so, I started finding that a few thousand credits isn't much even though the quests acted like it was. I learned about what crew skills were and picked up slicing. I made enough that I had about 32K pretty soon. Then I got underworld trading and ran the missions getting tons of the metals. At that point I learned about the gtn and started figuring out how that worked. It was then just a matter of getting enough mats and selling them to those who needed them and could afford them. 4 days after first hearing of the gtn and locating it, I'd made over 800K credits selling underworld metals at slightly lower prices than most others! :D So it may surprise people what things can earn plenty of credits and how quickly. Just get creative and remember the best method is the one you find yourself! You don't have to be a level 35-50 to make your first million.

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, great guide. Would like to ask. What patch/date was this aimed at? I know that things change on a weekly basis, and when it comes to selling/buying on GTN it changes on a daily basis. So its hard to decide what to choose.

I have however been looking around, and the best thing i can find is 1 of 4 things

1 - Run dailies like your have nothing better to do..

2 - Craft things in high demand, eg augments

3 - Buy packs, and pray you're lucky, then sell the contence. (You can additionally buy packs with CC's and sell them for creds on GTN)

4 - Go on a mass gathering spree and sell your materials found/gotten.

All are rather good, but some dead boring, and some very risky.

(My 2 cents.)

Hi guys, great guide. Would like to ask. What patch/date was this aimed at? I know that things change on a weekly basis, and when it comes to selling/buying on GTN it changes on a daily basis. So its hard to decide what to choose.

I have however been looking around, and the best thing i can find is 1 of 4 things

1 - Run dailies like your have nothing better to do..

2 - Craft things in high demand, eg augments

3 - Buy packs, and pray you're lucky, then sell the contence. (You can additionally buy packs with CC's and sell them for creds on GTN)

4 - Go on a mass gathering spree and sell your materials found/gotten.

All are rather good, but some dead boring, and some very risky.

(My 2 cents.)

This thread is ancient history. See the links in my signature for more up-to-date data.

• 2 years later...