Stop comparing Vitiate to Palpatine...

Wolfninjajedi

Why don't we acknowledge this point:

I hate bringing Game characters into comparison. They don't always exactly translate in consistency.

and leave it at that? Everyone who posts in this thread has their own view. No one is going to change it based on what another person says. It's Old Republic era fanboys against Battle of Yavin era fanboys. No one is going to admit the other is right, nothing is going to be accomplished, so let's stop wasting our time and go do something productive.

/threadunsub

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and leave it at that? Everyone who posts in this thread has their own view. No one is going to change it based on what another person says. It's Old Republic era fanboys against Battle of Yavin era fanboys. No one is going to admit the other is right, nothing is going to be accomplished, so let's stop wasting our time and go do something productive.

/threadunsub

If only it were that easy. Unfortunately on the internet the illogical will always rear its ugly head.

/threadunsub

someone that is not lazy must create a special thread about Old Republic fans vs Battle of Yavin fans.Each will bring arguments why said era is better,etc.

It will be fun.

someone that is not lazy must create a special thread about Old Republic fans vs Battle of Yavin fans.Each will bring arguments why said era is better,etc.

It will be fun.

It would be a pointless (you know what) measuring contest.

/threadunsub

Then how bout we throw in Starkiller and his ridiculous in game feats while we're at it.

Edited by jaytdasme

Too be fair, Vitiate's page does make him out to be pretty bada'ss lol

Legend (ya'll know him from his posts here) is one of the many Vitiate fanboys who have edited that page. I'm not surprised it makes him out to be like that. I do find it amusing though.

I find it acceptable for wookiee articles to expound and perhaps overstate a character's abilities or importance on the character's page. I suggest always go into wookieepedia knowing that. It should be up to the reader to discern the true scope of a character's powers through comparison instead of taking fan's opinion at face value.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I don't understand why people debate these things it reminds me of the old batman vs superman. It's NOT real, oh my imaginary friend is stronger than yours! Book's and books can be written saying one is the most strongest thing ever and then 5 years down the line Hollywood makes a movie and says nah in fact this guy was stronger.

I don't understand why people debate these things it reminds me of the old batman vs superman. It's NOT real, oh my imaginary friend is stronger than yours! Book's and books can be written saying one is the most strongest thing ever and then 5 years down the line Hollywood makes a movie and says nah in fact this guy was stronger.

We're nerds. It's what we do.

how is batman vs superman a debate? who doesn't agree that batman can get a technical win with prep time, otherwise not a chance..

how is batman vs superman a debate? who doesn't agree that batman can get a technical win with prep time, otherwise not a chance..

....Must....Resist...Urge to debate this statement.... about Superman v Batman...Would be here all day... UGH-AGH-BPFFF..

Okay it's gone, phew that was close.

....Must....Resist...Urge to debate this statement.... about Superman v Batman...Would be here all day... UGH-AGH-BPFFF..

Okay it's gone, phew that was close.

lol seriously? Luther put's Supes in a proverbial kryptonite/super suit "head lock" like constantly.. there's no realm of possiblity batman could? in fact i could have sworn its already happened...

Edited by jaytdasme

lol seriously? Luther put's Supes in a proverbial kryptonite/super suit "head lock" like constantly.. there's no realm of possiblity batman could? in fact i could have sworn its already happened...

Nope. Batman has never beaten Superman, people are gonna be bringing up The Dark Knight but that's not canon. AND THAT IS ALL I WILL SAY.

Theres been 0 instances of Batman beating Superman in canon. Other times its been 100% confirmed even by Batman that Superman can kill him within an instant but doesnt due to him holding back.

Darth hideous would get mopped up by vitiate.

All palpatines feats are

-Killing his master in his sleep (cause he was too weak to do it legit)

-Losing to Mace Windu (get over it fanboys he wasn't pretending) And don't give me that "his lightsaber was bending so he was going to lose Eventually BS lmao

-Tying with Yoda

-Beating Maul and Savage

-And my favorite, getting chucked down a shaft by a 1 handed cripple to his death at his height of power. SMH

All you 40+ year old guys trying to cling to their favorite characters being the strongest ever (cause Lucas says so) need to realize that better/stronger characters have been created since Star Wars first came out, Vader and Sid are no match for TOR greats. TOR has all the heavy weights.

Tbh Mace Windu, Dooku, and Maul were the only ppl with strong showings in the New Era

Edited by Trixdope

Darth hideous would get mopped up by vitiate.

All palpatines feats are

-Killing his master in his sleep (cause he was too weak to do it legit)

-Losing to Mace Windu (get over it fanboys he wasn't pretending) And don't give me that "his lightsaber was bending so he was going to lose Eventually BS lmao

-Tying with Yoda

-Beating Maul and Savage

-And my favorite, getting chucked down a shaft by a 1 handed cripple to his death at his height of power. SMH

All you 40+ year old guys trying to cling to their favorite characters being the strongest ever (cause Lucas says so) need to realize that better/stronger characters have been created since Star Wars first came out, Vader and Sid are no match for TOR greats. TOR has all the heavy weights.

Tbh Mace Windu, Dooku, and Maul were the only ppl with strong showings in the New Era

How about doing a bit more research before saying such things.

He killed Plagueis in his sleep because it was effective risk management. People are going to ask questions if their chancellor gets hurt.

The duel between Mace Windu and Sidious was a stalemate until shatterpoint kicked in. Mace Windu, it should be noted, has been canonically stated as one of the best duelists in the history of the Jedi Order.

The Revenge of the Sith novel outright states that Yoda lost. It was not a tie, Yoda had used up all of his energy and saw that there was no chance of victory. He had to flee to ensure the future. Also, Yoda was stated to be the most powerful Jedi the Sith had ever faced.

Darth Maul is canonically one of the most deadly and highly-trained Sith Lords in the history of the Sith. Savage has bested nearly every Jedi Master he's come across.

Return of the Jedi was not the height of his power. Read Dark Empire.

Here's an actual comparison of their abilities: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685181

I found that part funny as well.

What's even worse is that he forgot that Vitiate was killed by quite literally walking into a lightsaber. What an idiot. :rolleyes:

Vitiate isn't dead ;)

*SPOILER FROM PATCH 2.7*

On my juggernaut after completing the new flashpoints and story quest on the PTS, you receive an in game mail from (Servant One of the Emperor's Hand) titled "The Emperor Lives"

This is what it says:

Wrath, we have been remiss in our lack of correspondence. It is regrettable, but other matters have commanded our full attention of late.

Despite what you may have heard from Darth Marr and others, the emperor is NOT dead. He slumbers still, preparing for his inevitable return.

It is to the dark councils advantage that you believe their lies. They fear your power, and with good reason. Absent the Emperors voice, you represent the truest embodiment oh his will in the corporeal world.

We have foreseen that your allegiance to the Emperor will be tested.

You must remain vigilant, and unleash your might upon those who would dare question the Emperors reign.

/end message

So all that was killed was a voice (which we already knew) this was pretty much just an update on his status.

:D

So all that was killed was a voice (which we already knew) this was pretty much just an update on his status.

:D

"The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor at the end, and the Emperor's body does die.”

~ Hall Hood, Senior Writer for SWTOR and Lead Writer on the Jedi Knight storyline.