Galen Marek vs. Jaina Solo

YoshiRaphElan

Galen Marek

Galen Marek, apprentice of Darth Vader and son of two Jedi Knights, is a master of the Shien lightsaber form which was taught to him by his master. However, Marek modified this form to his own use, reversing the grip of his lightsaber and wielding the blade in an unorthodox backhand style. His droid, PROXY, was programmed to simulate the fighting skills of great duelists such as Shaak Ti and Obi-Wan Kenobi, all of which Marek defeated. However, this was partially due to PROXY's inability to use the Force interfering with his ability to fight accurately like the Jedi. Marek also fought well with Soresu, the defensive form, and Juyo, the most aggressive form. He was able to defeat Rahm Kota in a duel, as well as Shaak Ti, Kazdan Paratus and, most impressively of all, Darth Vader himself.

His Force skills were greatly enhanced for one of his age; he was able to pull an entire Star Destroyer out of the sky and direct its landing up to a point. His specialization, however, was in Force lightning. His lightning was, while not nearly as powerful as that of Darth Sidious, an extremely effective tool against almost all his foes; however, it did not make him infallible. Many Jedi such as Shaak Ti were able to easily redirect Marek's lightning.

Physically, Marek was of average size and weight, having an athletic figure, although he died before reaching full maturity. Marek was physically strong, able to hold his own in lightsaber locks with physically powerful beings such as Darth Vader and Rahm Kota. He was also resilient, taking many slashes and near-misses from Vader's lightsaber during his training years. He also survived a direct abdominal stab from Vader, though this was as much due to medical aid he soon received as his own force of will.

Jaina Solo

Descendant of the Chosen One himself, Anakin Skywalker, Jaina inherited his lightsaber skills, Force abilities, and piloting skills. Solo was fast, but also aggressive and intelligent. Even with her legs glued to the ground, Jaina was able to defeat the Yuuzhan Vong warmaster Tsavong Lah, who was much more physically powerful than she was and, being a Vong, was resistant to the Force. She also managed to defeat her brother, Darth Caedus, in single combat twice, though both times Caedus was without the use of one of his arms. Jaina was named by her uncle Luke the Sword of the Jedi, and honed herself to be just that.

Force-wise, Jaina was also quite powerful. She could use telekinesis quite proficiently, and when angry she could summon Force lightning so powerful it was black. However, because this required drawing on her negative emotions, Jaina preferred not to use this, and instead focused on her lightsaber skills.

Physically, Jaina was very small, barely standing above her mother. This did not lessen her lightsaber skill, however, because she used her smaller size to her advantage.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to note, Galen never pulled a Star Destroyer out of the sky. It was already falling, he just merely slowed it down so it could stop and it nearly killed himself when he was done. Still an impressive feat, but he never actually pulled it out of the sky. However this fight, Jaina...pretty much there is only a select few(when I mean few, I mean...few) Pre-ROTJ era that could actually take on the Jedi/Sith of the future timeline.

Edit: Scratch that last bit, Jaina had help from Luke so it wasn't under her own power.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Oh, I forgot to say: to make it fair, since Galen is probably 18 here, tops, more likely 17, Jaina will be of the strength she possessed as of that age, specifically the final few novels of the NJO series, when she had just been named the Sword of the Jedi.

Odd enough he was 33 when he died.

Odd enough he was 33 when he died.

You getting that from Wookieepedia? No, that's not how old he was when he died, that's how many years after the Galactic ReSynchronization (or whatever it was called) he died. He was at most 18, more likely 17; he looked about two or three when Vader found him and he died about 2 years before A New Hope, so that goes back to him being born in 19 BBY, the same year Luke was born; and since this is, again, 2 years before ANH, he'd be 17.

You getting that from Wookieepedia? No, that's not how old he was when he died, that's how many years after the Galactic ReSynchronization (or whatever it was called) he died. He was at most 18, more likely 17; he looked about two or three when Vader found him and he died about 2 years before A New Hope, so that goes back to him being born in 19 BBY, the same year Luke was born; and since this is, again, 2 years before ANH, he'd be 17.

Ya I just realized I goofed on that...cause I thought about it and realized, that wouldn't be possible. I was getting confused with the calendar..:(

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

vader found him when he was like 4 or 5 and i read somewhere ( ithink wookiepedia) that he recieved 2 decades of training from vader

According to Wookieepedia he's approximately 17 (born in 19, died in 2). So, however old he was when Vader found him, he certainly did not receive 2 decades of training; he wasn't even 2 decades old.

Jaina...pretty much there is only a select few(when I mean few, I mean...few) Pre-ROTJ era that could actually take on the Jedi/Sith of the future timeline.

Don't know why think like that. That thing of "newer = better" is just a made-up idea from out of nothing. In fact, the EU and the movies itself gives us an opposite idea.

Don't know why think like that. That thing of "newer = better" is just a made-up idea from out of nothing. In fact, the EU and the movies itself gives us an opposite idea.

Considering most of the feats that some of the future Jedi/Sith(and powers they have) have done compared to the older, ya it does make them better. Notice I said SOME(probably should have put that in my 1st post), not all...in fact I probably should have been more specific and said the future Skywalker/Solo family.

Outside of the family however, that is a different story but it depends on the characters.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

You seriously want to put Galen Marek, one of the most over-rated Force users ever, up against Jaina Solo? This isn't even a cntest. Jaina at 18 would mop the floor with Marek. She is a much better saber duelist and more powerful in the Force at any age than he is. Marek would be Jaina's personal PROXY training dummy.

You seriously want to put Galen Marek, one of the most over-rated Force users ever, up against Jaina Solo? This isn't even a cntest. Jaina at 18 would mop the floor with Marek. She is a much better saber duelist and more powerful in the Force at any age than he is. Marek would be Jaina's personal PROXY training dummy.

Lol you guys really can't speak with reason when it's about Solo Jedi. They are not godlike beings, I'll not even try to discuss with cause reason seems to leave you all when Jaina or Jacen Solo is on the table.

Lol you guys really can't speak with reason when it's about Solo Jedi. They are not godlike beings, I'll not even try to discuss with cause reason seems to leave you all when Jaina or Jacen Solo is on the table.

Were not saying they are godlike beings, when did you ever see us post such a thing? Merely saying as such, that they have better feats/showings/skill of saber combat and force ability.

You are actually going to go there, knowing that most Marek fans think he is a god-like being and can't discuss him with any reason what-so-ever? You are going to criticize us Solo fans when Marek fans use the games as "proof" that he is "so powerful"? We have perfect reason to say Jaina would wipe the floor with Marek. She is very capable of it as she IS more powerful than he. Marek is only a little above average.

But you don't want to try and discuss it with a Jaina Solo fan because, according to your logic, we are "unreasonable when the Solo twins are on the table". We are way more reasonable than Marek fans. But you don't want to have a discussion. So I won't even bother. :rolleyes:

You are actually going to go there, knowing that most Marek fans think he is a god-like being and can't discuss him with any reason what-so-ever? You are going to criticize us Solo fans when Marek fans use the games as "proof" that he is "so powerful"? We have perfect reason to say Jaina would wipe the floor with Marek. She is very capable of it as she IS more powerful than he. Marek is only a little above average.

But you don't want to try and discuss it with a Jaina Solo fan because, according to your logic, we are "unreasonable when the Solo twins are on the table". We are way more reasonable than Marek fans. But you don't want to have a discussion. So I won't even bother. :rolleyes:

I'm not a Marek fan, not a Solo fan. I just think the Solo sagas are not good as some of you praise. Especially Cadeus's fall, one of the most boring and full of cliches works of EU, culminating with a very bad-written conflict, with a very sad death to a character who is taken in such a high regard.

Anyway, I never saw any comparison with a Solo Jedi who didn't ended up with their overwhelming victory. If you present a debate, I'll gladly participate, but what you mostly do is statements like "Jaina will kick his *** cause she is awesome."

Simple, present me the perfect reasons to say Jaina would wipe the floor with Marek, then we'll have a debate.

I'm not a Marek fan, not a Solo fan. I just think the Solo sagas are not good as some of you praise. Especially Cadeus's fall, one of the most boring and full of cliches works of EU, culminating with a very bad-written conflict, with a very sad death to a character who is taken in such a high regard.

Anyway, I never saw any comparison with a Solo Jedi who didn't ended up with their overwhelming victory. If you present a debate, I'll gladly participate, but what you mostly do is statements like "Jaina will kick his *** cause she is awesome."

Simple, present me the perfect reasons to say Jaina would wipe the floor with Marek, then we'll have a debate.

Jaina has amplified powers like telekinesis (learned from the master Kyp duron), Force Lighting, Saber training by Luke, Memory wipe, Mandalorian Training (learned of Boba Fett), also a simple thing that she is from the Skywalker family meaning they didn't have a potential limit only Anakin's potential was the limit for them.

I really don't lean to any side here, but since everyone is lining with Jaina, I'll side with Marek. :D

To begin, I'll just bring up some statements from Wokieepedia, to see what the so called sources that states Jaina as a so powerful being, has to say about him.

An incredibly skilled lightsaber duelist, Marek was able to defeat the droid's training programs replicating some legendary duelists such as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul. Marek was able to defeat Rahm Kota, Kazdan Paratus and Maris Brood, and he even managed to overwhelm Shaak Ti and his former Master Darth Vader, both of whom were two of the greatest duellists of their time.

Galen Marek was exceptionally powerful in the Force, with the potential to become one of the most powerful Force-users of all time. Emperor Palpatine believed that Marek's strength in the Force could rival his own in time. As a young adult, his abilities had developed to the point where he was able to defeat Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine in single combat

Marek's skills with telekinesis were considerable, and he often cleared entire hallways and rooms with powerful Force pushes and repulses, and even caught TIE fighters in mid-flight.

Through the use of telekinesis, he could, albeit with great effort, pull an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer out of the sky and force it to the ground.

Galen Marek had the potential to be one of the most powerful Force users in Jedi and Sith history.

He could cast energy so powerful that it would kill an opponent with a single blast, and could target more than one opponent at a time. He was also able to channel lightning attacks through his lightsaber, thus amplifying blade attacks with dark side energy. He applied lightning in a more tactical manner, charging up or shorting out certain types of machinery. His proficiency with Force lightning was evident not only in his use of the technique as an attack, but also in his ability to deflect it, as demonstrated when he battled the Emperor aboard the Death Star.

So, we can see that Marek is very far from that deffinition of "slightly above average" given by someone here. I just ask if you think that Jaina Solo, at the age of 17, would be able to outcome Vader? Do you think she would give any fight to Sidious?

Jaina Solo:

"That kid can fly."

―Han Solo, referring to Jaina

She also used the Force to help her and Jacen eventually escape imprisonment and was capable of producing light by rubbing air molecules together telekinetically.[23] At some point, she learned Force lightning[15] and could break the grip of a Force choke

As teenager:

At the age of sixteen, Solo flew a record time course through the asteroid field Lando's Folly near Dubrillion, beating out the record previously held by Jedi Master Kyp Durron

On healing:

She was trained in the use of a Jedi healing trance, which she employed on the mission to Myrkr to help heal the torture she suffered during a brief period of Yuuzhan Vong captivity

Jaina Solo, her enemies

she stood her own against Supreme Overlord Shimrra's slayer bodyguards in the final battle of the Yuuzhan Vong war.[76] While dueling her brother for the first time, he described her fighting style as conservative, brutal, ruthless, designed to deal damage without suffering any in return

Her Lightsaber combat, Note she deafeated Darth Caedus

Her considerable skill with a lightsaber was such that in 40 ABY, she was able to slay her twin brother[85] and in 43 ABY, she was able to defeat four Mandalorian warriors attacking the Jedi Temp

Powers:

Also, during the Yuuzhan Vong War, she and her brothers were able to re-create the Jedi battle meld,[7] focusing a unit of Jedi together into one cohesive group.

Solo could also use the Force to control her breathing[85] and clear toxins from her body

Solo learned the shatterpoint technique from Luke Skywalker, which she had long thought lost. She also learned how to shut down in the Force, so as to be undetectable, from her cousin Ben.[85] Later, Solo demonstrated an affinity for the Beast Control power, being able to bend a large number of different animals to her will at the same time.[86] However, despite her skill as a Jedi Knight, pilot, and combatant,

Well, modesty apart, my arguments were far better than yours ZahirS. Among all you presented, Jaina's greatest feats than would be killing his brother after an very bad explained fight wich ended with Caedus kind of turning back to the light side, thus abdicating from the duel and killing four mandalorians. And from where I know, she participated in the assault to Shimrra's Citadel, but Luke defeated the supreme Overlord without almost any help from his nephews, who were fighting the Slayers.

So let's compare, Darth Sidious/DarthVader/Shaak Ti X Darth Caedus/4 Mandalorians. Well, the judgement is yours.

Well I disagree Marcelo I think your arguments are pretty superficial once you get to it, as you got them mostly from gameplay perspective. Jaina on the other hand is more fleshed out character and she has a unique ability against Galen which is Shatterpoint technique.

Galen and Jaina are both wrecking balls of the force but Jaina has a slight advantage in my opinion.