Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 2: The Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt’s Vision

Welcome to second round of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’ Runner-Up Bracket, where the defeated and disgraced have the chance to redeem their honour, and challenge the future Kaggath Champion in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

The last battle, The Dark Imperium vs the Undying Brotherhood, was an epic showdown between two polar opposites. But once again the Brotherhood was taken down by a stab in the back, and the Imperium enjoyed a shadowy victory. But on to round two.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules of the Runner-Up Bracket.

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • Only those incorporated in the listed in the faction compilations below can take part in the Kaggath.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their factions decisions, this is determined by the nature of their leadership.
  • To accommodate for the smaller battlefield, Major Naval Forces will be reduced to 1/10 of their original size and Minor Naval Forces to 1/5.

So, the combatants: Tunewalker is returning with his cabal of do-gooders and LadyKulvax with her armada of Imperial evil. Behold the factions!

The Alliance of Worlds

Leadership

Head of State: Leia Organa Solo

Second-in-Command: Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)

Allies: IG-88 & Wedge Antilles

Supplier: Hapes Consortium

Military

Major Ground Force: Rebel Alliance Army

Naval Force: Galactic Alliance Navy

Planets

Capital: Arkania

Supply Base: Hapes

Stronghold/Military Base: Carida

Shipyards: Brentaal

Shipyards: Rendili

vs

Krayt’s Vision

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Krayt

Second-in-Command: Gilad Pellaeon

Allies: Darth Talon & Ysanne Isard

Supplier: Arakyd Industries

Military

Minor Ground Force: 501st Stormtrooper Legion & Krath War Droids

Major Naval Force: Imperial Navy (Fel Empire)

Planets

Capital: Byss

Supply Base: Vulpter

Stronghold/Military Base: Prakith

Stronghold/Military Base: Koros Major

Shipyards: Foerost

Both factions have vast and powerful armies at their disposal, cunning tacticians and deadly warriors, but rest on polar opposite scales of good and evil – but who is greater? Who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH where to begin..... there is so much to talk about here.

Ok I am going to start with saying that with the numbers of ships we both have in a straight fight we would be near equals as I Have Dreadnaughts and the KV do not meaning that while the KV has slightly more ships our fire power is about equal this means its going to come down to tactics, repair rates, and building rates in the Naval battles.

Query: has anybody noticed the rhyme I put in at the end. Does anyone even read it anymore? *starts crying*

ANYBODY!?

Of course did you not notice the first line of my argument continued the Rhyme lol. (though admittedly using the same word as what started the rhyme to begin with)..

Edited by tunewalker

OK so going to start with Tactical capabilities.

I believe I have a very slight tactical advantage here because Wedge and Palleon have faced off before in a near stand still with equal forces but in Palleon's territory where Wedge was slowly pushing him further and further back until Palleon got help from a second Dreadnaught and thus out gunned by double. As both tacticians will be cautious I feel Daala and Krayt will push Palleon to act before Luke or Leia pushes Wedge to act. Giving Wedge home field advantage where he can have traps set up and where planetary defenses of the Rebel Alliance Army can come into play.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/V-150_anti-orbital_ion_cannon

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/LNR_Series_II_Systemary_Laser_Battery

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/LNR_Series_I_Systemary_Laser_Battery.

All of which could be installed within a matter of hours.

Also in portions of the field with our large scale fleets the Tactical capabilities of average Rebel captains far outweigh those of the average Imperial captain as one of the primary maneuvers of the rebels http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ackbar_Slash proved difficult for them to handle. Even Daala had some difficult in handling this kind of maneuver (albeit much less so then the average Imperial commander)

Edited by tunewalker

I also believe I have the greater repair Facilities and building facilities With Brentaal and Rendili, Brentaal having 2 Prostegious Imperial-Class Space ports allowing for extremely fast repair of any of my damadged ships and Rendili being a fortress world home to 600 Billion people all based around manufacturing and building Ships Vehicles and weapons. Their shipbuilding company were Rival's of Kuat Drive yards and were responsible for a majority of the Victory-class star destroyers in the empire. In addition to the hapans.

Further more the Ship that made up the largest portion of my army was the http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Republic-class_Star_Destroyer which were capable of taking in Imperial I's 1v1 but could be made at double the speed with the only disadvantage being that they could not hold as much cargo so could only run for 2 years without resupply instead of the 6 years running time of the Imp I's and could only hold half as many fighters.

Further more the KV will have to deal with constant sabotage by the likes of Specforce Infiltrator's, Spec Force UCS and Spec Ops members.

While the KV have means of scanning people many of the rebels (spec force included) were ex-imperials so they would not come off as out of the ordinary and I have more then enough money to pay some off. While the KV will be able to stop a few of them it wont be enough to keep these guys from sneaking in as the more they capture the better they think they are doing and keeping their borders safe. I also have stealth ships that are NOT part of calculated number of Warships I have (So regardless if I have 1400, or 140 these would be a few of these in addition to those numbers) that can sneak in past these droids. Also there have been means that both SpecForce and Spec Op's members have used such as sneaking underneath a convoy that has gotten them past these droids before. The members that get past can also create disidants on the KV worlds and make it to where the KV now have to use their ground forces to quell rebellions and riots created while IG-88 and company hack droid building facilities to program all Krath droids built to follow IG-88 at the appropriate time and to Sabotage Ship building Facilities.

Edit: shameless triple post lol I told you I had to get some of this stuff out of my system.

Edited by tunewalker

OK, my first argument will not be about weapons and starships, but the position of worlds.

Emperor Krayt's worlds sit in the Deep Core, an area of space clustered with dense formations of stars that make hyperspace travel nearly impossible. There is one known route into the Deep Core: straight through Foerost.

The Emperor's worlds lay in an area that is incredibly difficult to invade. Basically, Krayt can keep a defensive fleet at Foerost to protect the only real route into the Deep Core while he sends other fleets to attack. All the while his fortress worlds, shipyard worlds, and factory worlds are constantly building more forces.

There's more to the Deep Core, but I'll save that in case someone manages to point out the single flaw in this argument.

Edited by Aurbere

OK, my first argument will not be about weapons and starships, but the position of worlds.

Emperor Krayt's worlds sit in the Deep Core, an area of space clustered with dense formations of stars that make hyperspace travel nearly impossible. There is one known route into the Deep Core: straight through Foerost.

The Emperor's worlds lay in an area that is incredibly difficult to invade. Basically, Krayt can keep a defensive fleet at Foerost to protect the only real route into the Deep Core while he sends other fleets to attack. All the while his fortress worlds, shipyard worlds, and factory worlds are constantly building more forces.

There's more to the Deep Core, but I'll save that in case someone manages to point out the single flaw in this argument.

Well obviously their are actually more then 1 flaw to this argument (and I hoped you would bring it up :D) As I have already stated the infiltrators,UCS, and Spec ops (possibly standard rebel troops as well) will be able to get in. Once they have gotten into Foerost they will be able to take civilian ships anywhere into the KV empire and disrupt stuff from the inside. Also if Foerost is lost they have no way out (it is as hard to get out as it is to get in). I can also send stealthships past foerost to spy on enemy movements and keep sending intercepted transmissions back to my own fleet. If you have no ships over any of those Deep core worlds and the worlds don't have planetary shields these stealthed Vessels can bombard Krayt's location. Finally my last argument is the Civilians of Brentaal. If I recruit a few of them they are experts and revel at the discovery of new hyperspace lanes sending them with Stealthed vessels means I could find a way into the Deep core that the KV do not know about as there is only 1 KNOWN way into the Deep core but the brentaalans may be able to find another way in.

Edit: also how did Leia get to Byss wasn't it a different way then the rest of the troops went meaning she would know how to get there through a different means?

Edited by tunewalker

Breaking this down point by point.

Well obviously their are actually more then 1 flaw to this argument (and I hoped you would bring it up :D)

You're right. There's more than one flaw. Too bad you can't really exploit them. :jawa_evil:

As I have already stated the infiltrators,UCS, and Spec ops (possibly standard rebel troops as well) will be able to get in. Once they have gotten into Foerost they will be able to take civilian ships anywhere into the KV empire and disrupt stuff from the inside.

Except the KV has Interdictors. And HK Probes guard the one route.

Also if Foerost is lost they have no way out (it is as hard to get out as it is to get in).

Not true. At all. Palpatine discovered several secret routes into the Deep Core. Routes such as these are in need of constant remapping because the Deep Core is constantly shifting. But take a guess at who else knows of these routes.

I can also send stealthships past foerost to spy on enemy movements and keep sending intercepted transmissions back to my own fleet.

Again, interdictors.

If you have no ships over any of those Deep core worlds and the worlds don't have planetary shields these stealthed Vessels can bombard Krayt's location.

Many of the KV's worlds are shielded.

Also, even if you get past Foerost, it's going to take forever for you to get to KV worlds.

Finally my last argument is the Civilians of Brentaal. If I recruit a few of them they are experts and revel at the discovery of new hyperspace lanes sending them with Stealthed vessels means I could find a way into the Deep core that the KV do not know about as there is only 1 KNOWN way into the Deep core but the brentaalans may be able to find another way in.

Like I said, there are secret routes in and out, but they require constant remapping. So even if they find a route, it may not even be available when the Alliance finally gets ships over there.

And then there's the fact that the Alliance may not even be able to afford to take the time for such an undertaking.

The Byss Run, just sayin'.

And good Ol Leia used it.

It'd be hard to get there, but there's bound to be some good pilots in Tune's forces, and you only need a few strike teams if krayt doesn't see it coming, which he won't. He'll consider the Hyperlane too dangerous to bring a large enough force to him

Edited by Selenial

Breaking this down point by point.

You're right. There's more than one flaw. Too bad you can't really exploit them. :jawa_evil:

Except the KV has Interdictors. And HK Probes guard the one route.

Not true. At all. Palpatine discovered several secret routes into the Deep Core. Routes such as these are in need of constant remapping because the Deep Core is constantly shifting. But take a guess at who else knows of these routes.

Again, interdictors.

Many of the KV's worlds are shielded.

Also, even if you get past Foerost, it's going to take forever for you to get to KV worlds.

Like I said, there are secret routes in and out, but they require constant remapping. So even if they find a route, it may not even be available when the Alliance finally gets ships over there.

And then there's the fact that the Alliance may not even be able to afford to take the time for such an undertaking.

I will most assuredly be able to afford the time. Also once the brentaalan's are in they can land infiltrators to figure it out the secret routes and thus have them available to the alliance any time.

Also I said why the probes wont stop the infiltrators. Some of them are ex-imperials and will be taking civilian transports they would be no more stopped then the every day person part of the KV's population all they would have to do was get onto Foerost which there are several means to do so and get past these probes ways the rebels had used in the past.

Pretty sure the person who also knows of these routes is Leia...... once inside they had time to figure out ways in and out. So she would still mostly know.

Edited by tunewalker