Vader vs Revan

IAmYourGod

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings everyone!

Since the previous thread has reached past our 1k threshold, we have closed it and recreated it here.

Please keep the Rules of Conduct and the following in mind when posting:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.

• Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.

• Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.

• Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

• Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

"You don't know the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

"You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light." - Revan

Enjoy your battle!

Vader.

Revan is a extremely strong Jedi, but he is not force created.

As Anakin he was not fully trained. But as Vader he is a full Sith lord. He was so easy to "beat" in the movies because seriously he did not want to win.

Also all fights and abilities look cooler in a game compared to movies and books. So you have to scale for that too.

Well okay , prepare to salute me , friend :

Revan defeated Malak who was empowered by the forge (ya know feeding on the force , trough the dead bodies ).

How powerful was Malak before the Star Forge?

He outsmarted Revan by firing at his ship, But he never defeated Revan personally.. The Jedi did that.

Revan lead the republic to victory against the most powerfull warriors in star wars , the mandalorians ( i'm not speaking about force-sensitive and yes the mandos are the best warriors in the galaxy , i don't think i need to prove myself ) while having a limited numbers of jedis and a weakened fleet.

Canderous states that the republic ws 1 to 10 on the Mandalorians, Disproving your argument that Revan killed them all single-handedly.

Revan created the psychic bomb , which is pretty powerfull since only extremly powerfull force user could survive ( Bane and Zannah ) of course it's not the Dark nexus or Viviate/Nihilus power but yet it is an extremly powerfull power.

It's basically a powerful force blast, Vader could crush enemies with many tonnes, Pretty much like getting crushed by a building.

Revan was a master in multiple fighting style (well that's not amaaaazing but yet it's something).

Vader was a master of his personal version of Djem So to utilize his suit.

Revan mastered both sides of the force and was "neutral" (now here's why , unifying force user sees the force as a whole , not a bipolar entity , the force is a living tool meaning you can use it as you like too , the New Jedi Order of Luke followed this until the Kilik Crisis where Luke believed it was way too bordeline and came back to the old bipolar force , yet Revan was one of the few jedis with Luke and Katarn being able to use both sides of the forces without failing to the dark side (well Katarn did felled in Mots but that's another story) , that's canon .).

And he had an inner-mind powerfull enough to control the Starforge without falling to it's power.

Vader was also a fully trained Jedi, had the skills of a Master then converted to the dark side where he had kowledge of sith secrets back to this era, Sidious even gave him Malgus's personal Journal.

Revan killed hundreds of sith and jedis sometimes taking them by dozens (maybe this isn't "canon" but for me everything that you do in the game "is" canon("not so amazing" but still).

And ther goes your objectivity.."to me"

If something is not canon, it isn't canon. Your opinion wonät change it.

Now i think i made objective points here , didn't put any opinion in it.

The above says that you did quite teh contrary..

Now let's go on Vader

Vader has much more potential then Revan yet he is limited by is mechanical-body.

His potential is 200% higher that of Sidious, Who is the most powerful sith lord to ever live. Using simple math, He could've only reached half of that and still be legues beyond Revan and any other sith/jedi, He reached 80% of Palpatines power which is not to shabby.

Vader did killed many jedis but nothing out of extraordinary . He did killed "alot" of them but don't tell me they were incredible force user.

The only great force user that Anakin really defeated was Dooku (Ventress was quite a duelist but i don't see her that powerfull).

Shaak Ti, Cin Drallig, Dooku, Ventress, Maul, Dark Lady, 5 Jedi Masters at once..

"Oh? He invaded the Jedi Temple and killed hundreds of nameless Jedi. Thats Canon Bro. The Great Jedi Purge was the annihlation of the Jedi which was lead by Vader. He was in control of all Jedi-Killing, he told where troopers to land and where he was going. "

LOL , sure , order 66 has nothing to do with that ...

Order 66 was the order to make the clones turn on the jedi = Switch allegiance. Vader was still the one telling them how to do things..

Vader is only using rough power and let the admirals of the Fleet do most of the tactical job , who only use rough-power in order to please Vader (which made them so easy to beat).

Letting talented & educated people do what they are best at is a wrong tactic?

"Yeah, that explains how he breached through the RA's headquarters? That explains how he managed to invade Kashyyk. Sure

Where do you guys see something that if Vader were leading the Imperial fleet the rebel fleet would of lost in Rotj ?

LOL , THEY HAD THE DEATHSTAR WORKING !

If it wasn't because the emperor was such confident , no more rebellion...

Empror didn't care about anythinge xcept for Luke, He had the fleet just floating around not doing anything just to play around with Luke, Even if he died he would've come back so he didn't have much to loose. Destroying teh second death star didn't mean end of the empire, THere were still MANY imperial supporters around teh galaxy.. read teh novels afterwards.

Kashyyk ?

lol ? It's a joke right , did you watched the background ?

Oooooh yeah it is very well known that the Wookies were billions and were one of the most advance species in the galaxy.

And just look at ESB , on Hoth , what an incredible tactic there...

Everytime it is a 10 vs 1 , that's a proof of Vader tactical mind .

Again, It's wrong to bring backup?

Wrong to assure yourself a victory?

Vader is not a master of the force like Revan is , never created powerfull technics and is Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from Palpatine"s level (and he is suppose to be 80% ? let me laugh , seriously ? if he was 80% of Palpatine he would of been able to do things like Nihilus or Viviate or even learn how to do the Dark Nexus).

There goes your objectivity again, You ignore canon facts and put your personal opinon above them.

It took Vader 18 years to "come back" and he knew he made an error the second he waked up inside the dark suit...

He couldn't live with the guilt of what he had done and couldn't forgive himself but when his son came , forgave him and made the choice he couldn't do (accepting the possible death of his friends and refusing to fall for the darkside) Vader changed his mind.

He didn't spend recoviring those 20 years, He was blaming himself for Padme's death and was feeding off those emotions to make him more powerful. He wasn't sitting in his little oxygen cube crying all the time..

Well if Vader was on his full potential (which is Luke ) i would shut up and say he wins.

But Vader is far from what he's suppose to be.

He's suppose to be 200% that of Palpatine, Who is the strongest one ever to live. He can be miles away from that and still be miles above any other sith/jedi.

And i think that Revan is just more experienced in all the cases then Vader and that's THE ONLY REASON why Revan is stronger then Vader.

And the fact that Vader is nothing more then a robot , who would get cooked by force lightining...

He isn't, Vader is more experienced in tactics, melee combat, force combat and accomplishments.

He is half a cyborg and STILL extrely powerful, He can soak up force lightning like a sponge soaks up water. He died to Sidious force lightning, The most powerful force lightning ever.

Saw how Mace was barely holding on to his lightsaber when deflecing?

Saw how Yoda got launched in the air when absorbing it?

Saw how Vader got weakened by it?

Now you can say whatever you want , i tried to be as objective as possible.

something which you utterly failed at in few of your arguments..

(oh one last thing Viviate > Palpatine , he lived longer then him ) .

1. It's ViTiate.. with a T..

2. It's been canocially proven that Palpatine is the most powerful sith lord to ever live, He doesn't need trinkets & the power of other sith lords to use the force powers he has in his arsenal.

I admire you for trying, You are different from the others that have tried priving that Revan is more powerful.. You'r not an a**hole.. :)

Edited by _Zorth_

Galen Marek wins he could beat Revan and Vader at the same time.

Vader choked people and only rarely killed them.

revan had lightning but mostly it stunned or disoriented people and did moderate damage.

Galem would hold people and throw his lightsaber through them.

vader could lift and throw broken pillars.

Revan could pick up and trow boulders.

Galen Could rip tie fighters out of the air and throw them at people.

Canon statement Galen Marek was the only person Sideous believed could truly be his equal.

if vader was 80% of siedous and galen was equal to sideous do the math.

Galen Marek is the I win card

Edited by havok_bloodcraft

revan had lightning but mostly it stunned or disoriented people and did moderate damage.

Canon statement Galen Marek was the only person Sideous believed could truly be his equal.

He beat Vader by a hair, the difference between them was that Galen still had his full potential to realise, Sidious believed he could become his equal and more, not that he was his equal, but Sidious gave up on that when he died.

No. Thats game mechanics. Vader killed everyone that made him mad, he was cold-hearted. Read the Novel which is canon.

in the movies only 2 of the people he choked during the entirety of 6 movies died. and only one of those could use the force.

In the books, he got rid of many Admirals and Captains.

Anyway, for this thread I just have to say:

Don't use the OT movies in a Vader vs fight. Its 1970s, the books on the other hand make Vader more modern.

And don't disclaim the books, its a Movie Character vs an EU character.

Don't use the OT movies in a Vader vs fight. Its 1970s, the books on the other hand make Vader more modern.

admirals and captains = non force users. Vader at his prime even looking at the books couldn't beat Galen. Revan at his prime could not have beaten Galen. Therefore Galen wins.

admirals and captains = non force users. Vader at his prime even looking at the books couldn't beat Galen. Revan at his prime could not have beaten Galen. Therefore Galen wins.

Galen defeted Vader, But he couldn't kill him.

If Galen had killed Vader he'd be more powerful.. But he only defeated him by a hair.

I dont care anymore.... even though I think Vader is lousy and is just built up to be the second most powerful Sith of all time, said by Lucas who, dur, created him.... shocker, Swtor ruinded Revan in the Foundry and I just think he's pathetic now and so anticlimatic for the hero that started the series...... Revan to me is a sissy now, Vader would tear him apart, probably tell him his boot is unbuckled and throw him down a mile long shaft... usually his MO

Why not,

George Lucas cannon > everything else.. you cannot dispute what happens in the movies, they are cannon.

Fact is Vader lost a hand, took a glancing blow to his shoulder and then took a force lightning..and as you can tell by the wheezing sound he makes afterwards..his life support on his suit was damaged...not surprisingly he died shortly thereafter.

Revan deflected a force attack so powerful the sith lord was disintegrated, and when fighting the Emperor, he was hit with a more powerful version of that same attack..so powerful in fact it melted his metal armor to his face, revan survived because he force healed himself.

Vader = single force lighting + no force heal + damage life support = dead

revan = uber force attack = armor melted to his body + force heal = survived

pre mustafar Vader > Revan, but clearly Revan > post mustafar Vader

Why not,

George Lucas cannon > everything else.. you cannot dispute what happens in the movies, they are cannon.

Fact is Vader lost a hand, took a glancing blow to his shoulder and then took a force lightning..and as you can tell by the wheezing sound he makes afterwards..his life support on his suit was damaged...not surprisingly he died shortly thereafter.

Revan deflected a force attack so powerful the sith lord was disintegrated, and when fighting the Emperor, he was hit with a more powerful version of that same attack..so powerful in fact it melted his metal armor to his face, revan survived because he force healed himself.

Vader = single force lighting + no force heal + damage life support = dead

revan = uber force attack = armor melted to his body + force heal = survived

pre mustafar Vader > Revan, but clearly Revan > post mustafar Vader

Canon fact also stated that vader held back against luke the entire time :rolleyes: And he took force lightning from Sidious, whose powers are 100 times far stronger than Vitiates.

I guess Mace windu is another slow duelist considering that vader and luke moved at a faster pace in the fight in ROTJ by your logic, not to mention that your precious Revan was knocked into a coma pre kotor by a tiny blast.

And you DO know that post mustafar Vader could easily choke someone millions of lightyears away, lift 100 tons of metal with the force, casually flicked aside a jedi that tore an entire space station apart?

Edited by Makoto_Shishio

Canon fact also stated that vader held back against luke the entire time :rolleyes: And he took force lightning from Sidious, whose powers are 100 times far stronger than Vitiates.

I guess Mace windu is another slow duelist considering that vader and luke moved at a faster pace in the fight in ROTJ by your logic, not to mention that your precious Revan was knocked into a coma pre kotor by a tiny blast.

And you DO know that post mustafar Vader could easily choke someone millions of lightyears away, lift 100 tons of metal with the force, casually flicked aside a jedi that tore an entire space station apart?

Red: There is no such statement to that effect. there is only a statement from GL that palpatine was the strongest but there were only ever 5 sith as far as GL knows or cares. So when talking about EU characters you have to look at facts.

Palpatine never learned to extend his life with the force. Thus the need to clone himself.

Vitiate was over 1000 years old and could make other people immortal also.

Palpatine was unable to recruit luke or galen and couldn't enforce loyalty in vader.

Vitiate ruled over thousands of sith for 1000 years as the supreme ruler of all sith.

Palpatine was able to transferhis consciousness to a specially made clone.

Vitiate could possess people outright through astral projection while keeping his real body alive.

so tell me again how palpatine was "100 times far stronger" (which is very bad grammar) or more powerful than vitiate.

Red: There is no such statement to that effect. there is only a statement from GL that palpatine was the strongest but there were only ever 5 sith as far as GL knows or cares. So when talking about EU characters you have to look at facts.

There is a statement where he says that in his SW universe, nothing happens afterwords. 2 universes, One where the movies happen and that's it, The other one where all of the EU happens.

When making EU char vs. Movie char threads you gotta count all EU.

And you should really read the Dark Empire series, Luke states there that Vader couldäve killed him if he wanted to.

Palpatine never learned to extend his life with the force. Thus the need to clone himself.

Here you go! :)

He mastered Essence Transfer, A force ability that allowed you to trnasfer your essence into another host body, Yes he needed clones but he didn't need the power of old relics and other sith lords.

Vitiate was over 1000 years old and could make other people immortal also.

With the help of old relics and the power of 100's of other sith lords..

Palpatine was unable to recruit luke or galen and couldn't enforce loyalty in vader.

Yet he created the GE, that purged 99% of the Jedi order and ruled the entire galaxy for over 20 years..

Vitiate ruled over thousands of sith for 1000 years as the supreme ruler of all sith.

Did he rule the entire galaxy?

No..

Did he destroy 99% of the jedi order?

No..

Palpatine was able to transferhis consciousness to a specially made clone.

Vitiate could possess people outright through astral projection while keeping his real body alive.

Being near Palpatine could make you fall to the dark, He is some sort of Dark Side Nexus. Just being in his presence makes you nearly fall..

Could Vitiate do that?

so tell me again how palpatine was "100 times far stronger" (which is very bad grammar) or more powerful than vitiate.

Could Vitiate..

Create wormholes with the force?

Fry planets with force lightning?

Destroy starfleets with the force?

Drain planets of lives?

Mind wipe the entire population of Coruscant?

Do the above WITHOUT the help of relics, ancient artifacts or teh power of other sith lords?

Read, Dark Empire series..