For Lore Folks: Something in the Background of the Teaser Video?

arunav

I think it's safe to say that, outside of people that don't play SWTOR right now, Revan wasn't really a teaser.

But his location might be. Is there something about his surroundings that are distinct?

I'm not really a Star Wars lore person, but seeing axes and other very basic weapons, in this context, seems off somehow.

What planet would it make sense for those to be on, and Revan as well?

Perhaps that is the real tease...

EDIT: Yavin IV has been rumored for a long while. Would it be a fit?

Edited by arunav

Yavin-IV or Dxun would be a fit.

I'm still more inclined for the former but that's just me of course. Both are jungle-dominated moons, with ancient buildings on them, even though the ones that Naga Sadow built with his Massassi warriors kinda fit the one seen in the video.

Also, one of the Galactic Timeline videos featured a visit by a Sith Infiltrator to Yavin-IV. The Emperor wanted to neutralize Naga Sadow's spirit before the Sith Empire reintroduced itself to the known Galaxy.

It's always possible something else was going on, seeing that those video's are presented from Master Gnost-Dural's PoV.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yavin-IV or Dxun would be a fit.

I'm still more inclined for the former but that's just me of course. Both are jungle-dominated moons, with ancient buildings on them, even though the ones that Naga Sadow built with his Massassi warriors kinda fit the one seen in the video.

Also, one of the Galactic Timeline videos featured a visit by a Sith Infiltrator to Yavin-IV. The Emperor wanted to neutralize Naga Sadow's spirit before the Sith Empire reintroduced itself to the known Galaxy.

Psssh. It's totally the forest moon of Endor, where he has gathered an army of Ewoks to serve as Revanites.

Yup Nub! :p

Edited by Essence_of_Light

While Lore Folks are reading the thread, how does Malgus die in SWTOR and KOTOR? I've looked around for an answer but can't find one. Isn't SWTOR set after KOTOR? Did Revan not really kill him in KOTOR?

Hmmmm. Malak dies in KoTOR.

Malgus, which is an entirely different character, supposedly dies in TOR.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

He died when the developers killed him due to a flashpoint-breaking bug. No, seriously.

Original end of false emperor had you knocking Malgus into a out, leaving his true fate ambiguous, but because of a bug where you could get Malgus to jump in the out and kill himself, they changed it so that you kill him outright.

But he isn't intended to be dead, just like Revan wasn't after the foundry.

Hmmmm. Malak dies in KoTOR.

Malgus, which is an entirely different character, supposedly dies in TOR.

I was really hoping Malgus would return in a major way. But it seems like BW has decided he died.

A shame, the platform knockoff had me (and many others) convinced he wasn't dead way back when False Emperor was a regularly run FP.

Great character killed off unnecessarily, imo.

I was really hoping Malgus would return in a major way. But it seems like BW has decided he died.

A shame, the platform knockoff had me (and many others) convinced he wasn't dead way back when False Emperor was a regularly run FP.

Great character killed off unnecessarily, imo.

He fulfilled his purpose beautifully.

I only wish every character in the SW universe could go with such sense of accomplishment, instead of being back from the dead every so often.

Even so, the ambiguity should have stayed. :(

Edited by Darth_Wicked

He fulfilled his purpose beautifully.

I only wish every character in the SW universe could go with such sense of accomplishment, instead of being back from the dead every so often.

Even so, the ambiguity should have stayed. :(

Revan is back only cause he got the Anub'arak treatment of being a boss in a dungeon(flashpoint) given his importance to the story.

Him coming back is similar to Anub'arak being reborn for the TOC Raid.

i assumed that the throne room was on rakata prime, since thats the planet he invaded. if hes trying to take over the galaxy, tat planet worked for the rakata, so it should work for him would be a reasonable line of thought.

That's not Rakata Prime.

That building has absolutely NOTHING in common with what w'eve seen from rakatan architecture. Again, it would fit quite nicely with what we know from the Ancient Sith Empire, from the time of Naga Sadow for example.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I wonder if the he could be on Kashyyk? The wookies would certainly use axes and the other weapons shown. The structure looks like it's old, perhaps in a cave or other old structure. I also noticed some ferns and other fauna, though not much. Just speculation of course.

The structure itself doesn't scream Kashyyk to me.

Plus, we got stuff mentioning moons ( Yavin-IV and Dxun fitting the bill ) and Rishi. No reference to Kashyyk whatsoever.

Edited by Darth_Wicked