Ashara Zavros useless?

drunknurse

Alright so I just got Ashara from Taris and left b4 my client crashed (except it did crash and I had to get a GM to move my character off the planet >.>). I find that she is 100% useless, she cant hold aggro, she does no damage, she has a tank cd which again useless if she cant produce any threat, her AOE slow has such a long cd its not even worth it. Maybe she is somehow good for assassins? As far as sorcerer goes I have so many tools for kiting I dont need her slow I need her to either hold aggro, heal me, cc enemies, or actually do viable damage. Does anyone else agree, or am I just terrible and shes actually amazing if you know how to use her?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gear her up and she is your best dps companion as far as versatility is concerned. She does no healing and can't tank though she's a sentinel. That's not what she is for. Heal her and dps or just blast people no need for a tank or healer as a sorc just burn everything down.

An assassin regardless of spec does neither need khem nor whatever that lame healer guy is called.

Ashara is the best.

At level 40 I was in full lvl 40 pvp gear and I had about 450 max dmg in my char screen and she only has 2 pvp lightsaber and already hits 400 max dmg.

Okay that is before all the modifiers but it is still quite huge. When you put her in adequate lvl 40 gear she will hit for about 1300 on a critical while you will do about 1.6k.

So yeah her dps is kickass and you can do all the content with her. Even foundry with her as second DPS if you feel like it.

When you get Ashara on Taris, she is indeed VERY weak.

It's not untill you have properly geared her that she finally becomes a real terror! I was having a lot of trouble with Ashara in the beginning, but now I'm on hoth and we can take down Elite's no problem and we're both DPS.

If you're going Assassin, offcourse choosing Ashara over Khem Val also means you need to change your skill rotation. She doesn't hold aggro like Khem Val does. So you'll need to use your CC's more and more often. Shock, Elecrocute, Low Slash, Overload, Spike, Whirlwind, Mind Trap. The Assassin has the most CC's of ANY class (mirrored only by the Shadow Consular).

If you're going Sorceror, I suggest you keep using Khem Val... :sul_frown:

She has that one powerful attack on a fairly long cooldown and a bunch of weak attacks.

Im a deception assassin, i spent 150k on her getting good gear, which helped a lot, but she still feels kind of weak.

In retrospect while i think shes better than khem (after i got the low slash, you need this to set up mauls with out khem around) i dont think she was better enough to not just keep using khem.

I do however play on a pvp server, and though ive only actually ever seen enemy players in the wild twice in my 36 levels, i imagine having a dps companion is the most useful.

Does she ever gain light side points? I just got her, and i had a Orange Lightsaber waitng for her...however it requires Light I and above (stupid...)

through affection does she get light-side points or can she just not equip this item as companions stay neutral?

Does she ever gain light side points? I just got her, and i had a Orange Lightsaber waitng for her...however it requires Light I and above (stupid...)

through affection does she get light-side points or can she just not equip this item as companions stay neutral?

Companions use the player's alignment.

Imho Ashara is in every way inferior to Revel.

Revel does comparable (actually, IMO bigger since he doesn't need to "travel" to the target) dps, can tank just as well as Ashara (both wear medium), and is ranged, therefore he is not in danger of soaking up random aoes AND you can kite a mob around while Revel blasts him effortlessly, which isn't the case with Ashara, since she needs to keep up with the mob.

So for the DPS spot, I'd have a hard time justifying picking up her over Revel.

For tank spot, Khem and Xalek are identical, so its your personal preference.

I used to play a dps sorc with Revel, but I've seen the light and I respecced to heals + Xalek. DPS playstyle is a slow motion picture compared to this. I'm using Xalek to gather 10-12 mobs and blast them with Storm for quick questing and adrenaline rush. With a full heal spec, mana is never an issue, and keeping him or yourself up isn't difficult either.

I spent about 200k putting her in blues and purples it was a waste.. Still low damage and still bleeds like every hit was to her jugular. If your only fighting weak mobs she is ok if you stand in middle and use force storm...

I had a level 43 friend help me get Xalek at level 40. Best time investment ever.

Yeah khem val was getting his *** beat at higher levels and I got tired of it when I hit voss so i blasted through my class quests to get xalek he is an awesome tank with a cool voice and I never regret doing it so now I can finally do side quests without ressing my tank after each pull. I mean he dies sometimes but not as much as khem.