HK-51 Quest Chain Bug? Republic

arunav

I completed finding all the parts for HK on my Republic main today. Upon doing so, the quest instructed me to go back to Bren in Section X. This is the NPC that gave the mission to go to the Czerka ship to get HK-51's schematics, which in turn resulted in the collection mission.

Upon returning to Bren with all the required HK parts, however, the quest chain reset, and I lost all of the items I collected.

Basically, I have to start all of it over again, unless Customer Service can restore them to my character, and the proper place in the overall quest to acquire HK.

I've never had something like this happen, and was wondering if there is any particular advice on what I can do to get the HK parts restored?

I've submitted an in-game ticket, and written a post in the CS area of the forum.

Any advice would be appreciated. It took me a while to find all the parts, and I'd rather not do it all over again.

Edited by arunav

you sure that it actually reset? when you go back to him you have to go back to the fatality anyway so maybe that is what you are thinking it reset.

I never received the mission to go back to the Fatality after speaking with Bren again. Instead, I was given the initial quest to go to the Czerka ship in space (again).

So, I'm not sure what else this could be but a bug. I did do the FPs in the opposite order from what was described in the quest chain, with MP HM first, then FE. Perhaps this results in a bug?

Edited by arunav

This issues happened to me also. The parts I collected so far were gone "all of sudden" and the quest was also disappeared. I submitted a bug report regarding this issue and hope all items and the quest to be appeared again.

as arunav knows I had the same problem - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=558063&highlight=mission+bug

the "Protocol Droid" was nice enough to completely misunderstand the problem and sent me this message instead: -

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue you encountered with HK-51.

Please note that we are aware of an issue where HK-51 may not have any gear when first unlocked.

We are currently investigating and are working to resolve this issue in an upcoming patch.

Any new information pertaining to this issue will be communicated in our official forums, found here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/

Please also keep an eye on patch notes, found here:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

If you have encountered an issue on one of the missions to unlock HK-51, please be advised that we currently only offer support for class story missions.

Please submit a bug report in-game to ensure that your mission issue is brought to the attention of our development team.

If you have suggestions or feedback regarding the HK-51 mission chain, please post on our suggestion Box forum at http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349. While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and are constantly looking for feedback from our players.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Please do not contact us again if you have any further questions.

Galactic Support is our speciality...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

my guess is they really do not read the post/ticket or if they do they send the closest copy/paste answer they have so they can say "oh we responded to that, the problem must be on your end"

(the last BOLD above is meant as a joke but sometimes wonder just how much it might be true)

this is a good game, it could be monumentally awesome except for all the bugs... bugs kill games.

• 1 month later...

I just ended up doing the mission on a different 50. It was a little irritating, but, honestly, it did not take that long. Each part that needed a search took about 15 or 20 minutes.

The rest was simply completed with people near the instances and with group finder.

Good luck.

Edit: It's kind of funny how every single patch released lately has really obvious bugs in it, even for the featured content. The last patch has space missions that you can't access, even though BW is selling parts that are basically required to complete them. And, weeks later, they still aren't fixed!

The fact that character transfer is finally being made available for testing Makeb is all but an admission the quality of what is being put live into the game is secondary, and, at the moment, not very significant. Even EA knows it can't completely screw up the expansion.

I really hope this approach changes in the coming year, but don't expect it to any time soon. The fact is BW is managing this game on as little staff as possible, and Jeff Hickman writing "amazing" every few sentences in a State of the Game post isn't going spin SWTOR into fixing its bugs and testing its releases. BW needs staff for that.

Edited by arunav