Not another WoW PLEASE!!!

Viridious

Ive been watching the dev forums (and a lot of other forums concerning SWTOR on different fan sites etc),and ive noticed a disturbing trend slowly occurring.When reading the "wish lists" of a lot of players,im seeing that a lot of what theyre asking to have put in the game are the same things that were in world of warcraft.

Let me say right now...PLEASE DONT allow these players to influence you to turn this game into a clone of wow!!!

A lot of this (if not ALL) is coming from people who played wow for the last 5 years and have gotten used it,and now want to drag that junk into this game.Most of us who also played wow LEFT it in order to get AWAY FROM a lot of the foolishness that was going on there.Im seeing people in SWTOR asking for damage meters,"item level" or "gear score" indicators,and all that junk which over time just made wow more of a job to play than a game.

SWTOR is a brand new game with a great future ahead of it.Dont let these people cause you to ruin that by crying for stuff to be added to it from a game that now sees panda`s as it own bright shiny future....

The day i log into SWTOR and see someone in chat saying "LFM Foundry +350 IL req or no invite pst" is the day i cancel my SWTOR subscription....and believe me,there are people out there who are asking for exactly that.

If you want stuff that was in wow...then go play wow....dont bring that DISEASE over to SWTOR.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually cringed when you said GS, i hated seeing people being belittled in trade chat. i prefer the old fashioned way of judging via inspection and skill like in vanella, if someone showed up in greens they would be asked to leave, but if their gear was decent and they pulled their weight then they stayed. putting a definitive number as a judge is wrong.

it got so bad in WOLK that some would be booted from heroics for not having ICC gear, when at the time Nax was the best gear when that xpack came out.

Ive been watching the dev forums (and a lot of other forums concerning SWTOR on different fan sites etc),and ive noticed a disturbing trend slowly occurring.When reading the "wish lists" of a lot of players,im seeing that a lot of what theyre asking to have put in the game are the same things that were in world of warcraft.

Let me say right now...PLEASE DONT allow these players to influence you to turn this game into a clone of wow!!!

A lot of this (if not ALL) is coming from people who played wow for the last 5 years and have gotten used it,and now want to drag that junk into this game.Most of us who also played wow LEFT it in order to get AWAY FROM a lot of the foolishness that was going on there.Im seeing people in SWTOR asking for damage meters,"item level" or "gear score" indicators,and all that junk which over time just made wow more of a job to play than a game.

SWTOR is a brand new game with a great future ahead of it.Dont let these people cause you to ruin that by crying for stuff to be added to it from a game that now sees panda`s as it own bright shiny future....

The day i log into SWTOR and see someone in chat saying "LFM Foundry +350 IL req or no invite pst" is the day i cancel my SWTOR subscription....and believe me,there are people out there who are asking for exactly that.

If you want stuff that was in wow...then go play wow....dont bring that DISEASE over to SWTOR.

What are some of the items they are asking for from Wow?

Apparently damage meters and gears scores.

Though I've only ever seen the Recount topic, and general consensus is that Recount should only track the player's personal DPS so that way they can only annoy themselves.

meters that show the whole party in real time are already in.

Check out http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1121572-Possible-Sticky-MOX-Damage-Parser

What are some of the items they are asking for from Wow?

He meant iteam level, where you get a number of level on your gear on your character like in World of Warcraft.

The itemlevel is good but people do abuse it, that people demand too high gear level to join the group for any flashpoint run (like people demand people with 300 itemlevel for a flashpoint that drops gear with 250itemlevel so its impossible to get into group if you are newly dinged player even if you are a good and skilled player.

Well that's a disappointment.

Stupid math. Why does it always show up and ruin everyone's good time?

As much as GW2 was a disappointment I will say this, there is none of that nonsense, you join a dungeon you have fun simple as that.

By the end of the summer this game will be wow+

If it does, then we all know who is to blame.

And to those who think Guild Wars 2 will be immune to this, think again.

As much as GW2 was a disappointment I will say this, there is none of that nonsense, you join a dungeon you have fun simple as that.

For now.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

@ op and the fanboys.

without wow swtor would not exist

without wow players, bw would run out of money in an hour and the game would go bust.

without wow bioware would have no reason to create swtor because, lets face it the whole idea behind this games creation was to take down blizzard and steal its cash cow.

because money, not sentiment, makes the world go round.

@ op and the fanboys.

without wow swtor would not exist

without wow players, bw would run out of money in an hour and the game would go bust.

without wow bioware would have no reason to create swtor because, lets face it the whole idea behind this games creation was to take down blizzard and steal its cash cow.

because money, not sentiment, makes the world go round.

Without grammar, your post comes off as you sounding kinda stupid.

The problem is

Group finder > 1.3

xserver WZs > 1.2.2 probably.

Duel spec -> 1.3.2-1.4 probably.

All these things were added for very good reasons in WoW and dealt with very real problems SW:Tor has now. Blizzard actual tried to resist them and find ways to not use them at the start. But once there were in they all became very popular.

These are items you should have just learn from watch games before you why they are important.

Edited by Lt_Latency

But you would'nt mind having graphics which rival Rift's and shadows, AA as good? The cross server LFG feature is one thing which TOR most certainly needs. Copying is not bad if it is a good thing you are copying. Manufacturers do it all the time and the customers of thier prodructs benefit from it. I wish WoW had the nice customizing of the UI that TOR has. Rift has it and one could argue TOR copied them. :p

cant argue my post so try to bash it eh?

I can argue your post ...and with relative ease.however,please keep in mind that my rebuttal is just that....and NOT intended as flaming.

I doubt BW created SWTOR for the sole purpose of being an "anti-WoW"..I kinda get the sense it is in fact the end result of the great KOTOR games that came before it.It is also the star wars game that MANY fans of the franchise have been waiting for since even back to the old X-Wing vs TIE Fighter days....and as you know those games were around LONG BEFORE World of Warcraft ( Star Wars itself was around when the idea of wow was just a twinkle in someone`s eye).So you cant sit there and say that SWTOR is a result of wow.

As far as your comment about SWTOR needing wow players to survive..while its true that a LOT of players came here from wow...it is also true that possibly an equal amount of new subscriptions are from fans of the franchise (Star Wars) who just want to play in a make believe SW universe...who have never even touched a WoW game.

Again,this is not meant as flaming,just a different viewpoint.

PS:DONT TURN SWTOR INTO WOW.

I can argue your post ...and with relative ease.however,please keep in mind that my rebuttal is just that....and NOT intended as flaming.

I doubt BW created SWTOR for the sole purpose of being an "anti-WoW"..I kinda get the sense it is in fact the end result of the great KOTOR games that came before it.It is also the star wars game that MANY fans of the franchise have been waiting for since even back to the old X-Wing vs TIE Fighter days....and as you know those games were around LONG BEFORE World of Warcraft ( Star Wars itself was around when the idea of wow was just a twinkle in someone`s eye).So you cant sit there and say that SWTOR is a result of wow.

As far as your comment about SWTOR needing wow players to survive..while its true that a LOT of players came here from wow...it is also true that possibly an equal amount of new subscriptions are from fans of the franchise (Star Wars) who just want to play in a make believe SW universe...who have never even touched a WoW game.

Again,this is not meant as flaming,just a different viewpoint.

PS:DONT TURN SWTOR INTO WOW.

not the sole purpose perhaps, but its been a BIG part of a concentrated effort to steal away wows cash cow.

especially on the part of EA's executives

not the sole purpose perhaps, but its been a BIG part of a concentrated effort to steal away wows cash cow.

especially on the part of EA's executives

No, SWTOR was made to replace the trainwreck that was Galaxies and to get all the aging Clone Wars kiddies. They don't need to steal players from Warcraft. No idea why they would want to anyway. That community sucks. Let them stay there.