The D5-Mantis Sucks

Nimmuz

I tought this was the most reasonable place to post this.

Im a powertech and I really love this class and want to have this class for my main, but one thing bothers me, the D5-Mantis! I hate it, its small compared to the Fury and other ships, the painting is horrible and it feels old and rusty, your ship should be your "home away from home" not a place you must go to because you most go to the next planet. They made every other ship cool and fresh exept this one, BioWare should had made it possible to choose your own ship or atleast the apparence, now its just a pile of junk with a engine.

This is my own oppinion and wanted to see if other bounty hunters shared same opinion.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree.

Not only does the Mantis fit the class perfectly, but (minus the wings) it looks amazing, and the inside feels much more like a rugged ship should.

This isnt your first class military issued ship that the agents and sith gets. This is a beat up powerhouse that the BH stole.

That's kinda the point. While other classes might get their luxury yachts with all sorts of decorative silliness, the Mantis reflects a bounty hunter's pragmatic attitude. There's no need for winding corridors and useless rooms. Everything is efficiently within a short distance of everything else.

I have to disagree.

Not only does the Mantis fit the class perfectly, but (minus the wings) it looks amazing, and the inside feels much more like a rugged ship should.

This isnt your first class military issued ship that the agents and sith gets. This is a beat up powerhouse that the BH stole.

When you say it that way it gets more intresting :) This is the only ship you can actually die in (i think) which makes it even more unique lol.

Maybe when I get more used to it I will like it more :)

When you say it that way it gets more intresting :) This is the only ship you can actually die in (i think) which makes it even more unique lol.

Maybe when I get more used to it I will like it more :)

You've died in the Mantis?

What were you doing?

I wouldn't trade my mantis for anything. Let the other classes have their mirror finish super sleek ships, I prefer my rough around the edges/seen better days look. Fits my character and her armor.

Though if the paint/rust job is what some don't like, by all means I endorse a future "customization slot" similar to companions' that let you change the paint scheme and paint over the rust.

Are you sure bounty hunter was the right pick then? If you truly like bounty hunters, you should have no problem with this ship since it resembles what being a bounty hunter is like. You don't need a luxury ship when you're stacking more credits than the other classes.

Are you sure bounty hunter was the right pick then? If you truly like bounty hunters, you should have no problem with this ship since it resembles what being a bounty hunter is like. You don't need a luxury ship when you're stacking more credits than the other classes.

Yeah, expect:

1) We don't actually see those credits.

and:

2) Other classes are the ones who, technically, keeps hiring us...

Which leads to:

3) To, purely technically, fix their mess :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, oh yeah, love the ship. I wouldn't mind some interior/exterior customization though.

I like the Mantis, the only things I don't like about it are the deployable engine pods. The way they fold out just makes the whole thing look ungainly and fragile to me.

I'd have preferred to lose the bottom pod and have the two top ones just attached directly to the hull. That would make it look more streamlined and tougher in combat and give it a more shark-like appearance

Edited by Sanguinal

You know where your bed is right? Jump down from there run up and repeat till you die lol

Rofl...that is awesome XD

On a somewhat similar note, I find dying in ur "home" in games hilarious. I used to make lara croft commit suicide in TONS of different ways in her mansion. Stand in fireplace. Drown in pool. Swan dive off second story....ahhh good times =P

I dont like the (3) retractable wing engines. As soon as we can MOD the appearance of our ships those are the first to go, or let me steal another ship. I also dont like climbing stairs to get to the cockpit - you call that practical? efficient? I'd say I stole a rusted out AMC gremlin with a supercharged 401. Yea its fast and has a hatchback - but it looks stupid, handles for s**t, bad on gas, and it would cost a fortune to fix up cuz u cant find parts ;) lol

"She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Technically, that would be a Smuggler ship, not a Bounty Hunter. By the game's lore, we should have the best of the best, as we rely on having awesome gear. I personally like the ship, it's hull shape reminds me of Bobba Fett's ship.

I tought this was the most reasonable place to post this.

Im a powertech and I really love this class and want to have this class for my main, but one thing bothers me, the D5-Mantis! I hate it, its small compared to the Fury and other ships, the painting is horrible and it feels old and rusty, your ship should be your "home away from home" not a place you must go to because you most go to the next planet. They made every other ship cool and fresh exept this one, BioWare should had made it possible to choose your own ship or atleast the apparence, now its just a pile of junk with a engine.

This is my own oppinion and wanted to see if other bounty hunters shared same opinion.

Certainly not from this BH. The ship is utilitarian, and I like it that way. It reminds me of the Falcon, or Serenity; a working ship with a working crew, not a luxury yacht. It's a pirate ship. I love it, it fits the outcast personalities of its crew.