Nomi Sunrider vs Darth Bandon

MarcheseAMM

All the people she killed were featless, Malak is far beyond Thon and Urr, and not in terms of combat.

And those 20 Jedi were not?

Not in Force knowledge.

Well, who else was there in that time? (And, no, I don't consider Ulic a Jedi at the time Nomi came into her own)

He killed 20 Jedi, studied and spent a lot of time with Darth Malak, and was the most powerful Sith apprentice of the entire Order.

Studying under a powerful sith doesn't always make you a very impressive sith. In theory it should but it doesn't work like that in all cases. Bandon killed twenty Jedi as you claim (I don't re-call that.) were any of those 20 noteworthy?

Bandon killed twenty Jedi as you claim (I don't re-call that.) were any of those 20 noteworthy?

Perhaps you do not recall it because my knowledge on KotOR far surpasses yours?

"Many Jedi have fallen beneath the blade of his lightsaber, and he has yet to meet his equal in combat."

"The bloodthirsy Darth Bandon wastes no time in building a double-bladed Sith lightsaber resembling that of Exar Kun, using it to impale a score of his former Jedi allies."

In terms of being noteworthy, majority of the Jedi in the Order were "highly skilled duelists" and "masters on the battlefield" during the "prime of the Jedi" where combat unorthodoxy and "large number of lightsaber-wielding opponents" were a frequent issue among daily life with a life-long combat experience of constant engagements.

Edited by MarcheseAMM

"Many Jedi have fallen beneath the blade of his lightsaber, and he has yet to meet his equal in combat."

"The bloodthirsy Darth Bandon wastes no time in building a double-bladed Sith lightsaber resembling that of Exar Kun, using it to impale a score of his former Jedi allies."

In terms of being noteworthy, majority of the Jedi in the Order were "highly skilled duelists" and "masters on the battlefield" during the "prime of the Jedi" where combat unorthodoxy and "large number of lightsaber-wielding opponents" were a frequent issue among daily life with a life-long combat experience of constant engagements.

The game doesn't specify what kind of jedi he killed, for all we know most of the people he killed were padawans. I mean, the guy got held off by some random unimportant grunt.

That still doesn't mean much. There's quite a few eras where the Jedi fought many sith on the battlefield. Not to mention in the clone wars era, despite the sith having been gone for centuries, it was considered THE golden age of the Jedi. Backed up by Lucas himself. It doesn't matter if "Many were a master on the battlefield." what does matter is who he killed.

That still doesn't mean much. There's quite a few eras where the Jedi fought many sith on the battlefield. Not to mention in the clone wars era, despite the sith having been gone for centuries, it was considered THE golden age of the Jedi. Backed up by Lucas himself. It doesn't matter if "Many were a master on the battlefield." what does matter is who he killed.

I honestly take a quote from 1998 where entire eras including KotOR has yet to even been created from a guy who specifically said he does not consider the EU apart of his Star Wars universe, but rather instead only that of which his creations, and his creations of the time was purely the Original Trilogy, with a grain of salt.

I honestly take a quote from 1998 where entire eras including KotOR has yet to even been created from a guy who specifically said he does not consider the EU apart of his Star Wars universe, but rather instead only that of which his creations, and his creations of the time was purely the Original Trilogy, with a grain of salt.

Regardless how you feel about it he is the creator of star wars and star wars Canon has actual "levels." with G Canon being the highest form of canon with nothing being able to contradict G Canon without it being rendered Non Canon. You can feel whatever you want but facts are facts.

This might have changed with the Disney buyout but that only applies to what is now Canon. Darth Bandon doesn't factor into the new Canon at all right now.

Edited by Rhyltran

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic, lol.

Pretty sure my wink hints at me being sarcastic back. :p Truth is the EU was built on the skeleton of the levels of Canon. Even if "Legends" is technically no longer Canon it was still built on the basis of the Canon system. Either way if you want to ignore Lucas' opinion you have to take "This is the prime era" with grain of salt as well. Technically speaking in this timeline there's even more Sith than during the events of KOTOR. Couldn't this then be said the Jedi's prime? It's too vague.

If you want to support Bandon's abilities you have to do it the way everyone supports other characters abilities. Give some people of note that he's defeated. List his greatest force feats. List his accomplishments. List his greatest display of lightsaber prowess.

Without these I'm not saying Bandon is weak but we don't have enough evidence to properly compare him to another character. With Nomi? We can discuss her force talents. We have documented examples of these. As well as her martial capabilities and we even have notable opponents she's defeated in her time. She can be accurately measured and used in a debate. I don't think there's enough information on Bandon.

Edited by Rhyltran

Don't try to talk to me like you are my superior, you are not. I am several tiers ahead of you in debating, and probably every other aspect as well. Thank you. That being said, I will give you the information on Bandon soon (I have it on hand, just pre-occupied with other stuff and lazy to do it at this very second).

Don't try to talk to me like you are my superior, you are not. I am several tiers ahead of you in debating, and probably every other aspect as well. Thank you. That being said, I will give you the information on Bandon soon (I have it on hand, just pre-occupied with other stuff and lazy to do it at this very second).

Are you trying to convince me or yourself? It sounds like you're projecting here. I haven't done or said anything to act like I'm superior to you. I only mentioned that "He slew 20 Jedi." as insufficient evidence towards anything other than the fact that he's defeated "20 Jedi." without names to said Jedi it doesn't really mean much. Now if it was twenty Jedi at once that would have some meaning.

Another part of your argument was "His master is Malak." that doesn't mean much either. A student doesn't automatically get cred just because their master is strong. The student themselves must be able to back up their skills as well. I never stated Bandon is weak nor did I claim you have no argument. Just everything you listed so far is irrelevant and not enough to start a debate.

Is this because you're angry due to not realizing I winked in my statement to Kae? ;) It's okay. People make mistakes.

P.S. In case you didn't notice. I winked. I'm yanking your chain.

Edited by Rhyltran

The sith in KOTOR 1 are really pretty underwhelming, in particular they just aren't that smart. Take the Star Forge as an example of their incompetence, it basically provides them with limitless resources and is hidden away with only one possible way of finding it. Revan (and later Malak) both know exactly where they are hidden because they themselves have visited those places and they basically did nothing to get rid of them and make their trump card impossible to find. Malak in particular was perfectly willing to render an entire planet uninhabitable just to get rid of a single person yet he didn't just send a fleet in and preemptively obliterate one or more of the star maps?

And then you have the fact that Malak's supposed second in command was so weak he couldn't just casually obliterate some random grunt and tear open that door with his mind to catch up with Revan.