How come Shae Vizla looks so old in SoR?

Slowpokeking

Deceived takes place in 3653 BBY.

The Dread War, and Forged Alliances take place in 3640 BBY.

A mere 13 years later (so you were only off by one year).

She looked roughly 36-39 to me in Deceived so 49-52 seems accurate.

Mind you, it's hard to tell a video game character's age.

Deceived takes place in 3653 BBY.

The Dread War, and Forged Alliances take place in 3640 BBY.

A mere 13 years later (so you were only off by one year).

She looked roughly 36-39 to me in Deceived so 49-52 seems accurate.

Mind you, it's hard to tell a video game character's age.

Another Mandalorian, Satine was also around that age in TCW, but she looked younger. Her sister Bo-Katan might be at the same age.

According to this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Republic_era

The Decieved trailer took place in 3653 BY and Rise of the Hutt Cartel takes place in 3640 BY, so that is at least 13 years of difference (we have no idea how much time takes place between Rise and Shadow of Revan). That is long enough for someone to get a few lines on their face.

Alternatively, it is for the same reason Baras looks like he ate a bathtub full of lard in between the same time period and the current game. We don't actually know what that reason is, mind you. But it is probably the same in both cases.

According to this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Republic_era

The Decieved trailer took place in 3653 BY and Rise of the Hutt Cartel takes place in 3640 BY, so that is at least 13 years of difference (we have no idea how much time takes place between Rise and Shadow of Revan). That is long enough for someone to get a few lines on their face.

Alternatively, it is for the same reason Baras looks like he ate a bathtub full of lard in between the same time period and the current game. We don't actually know what that reason is, mind you. But it is probably the same in both cases.

Baras got fat, but not much older, he already looked quite old in the comic.

Yes he grew a lot of weight, but he already looked quite old in the comic. He was like 57 during the SW story, so he did look like 45-47 in the comic.

It doesn't take much time to let a person to get fat, especially when they are getting older.

"Deceived" happened in only around 12 years before SoR. In the trailer she looked around 25 at that time, but in SoR her model looks like in her 50s. Shouldn't she look a bit younger since her age is at most, around 40?

Definitely wasn't 25 in "Deceived" since she also was in the "Hope" trailer which took place 14 years before "Deceived" (27ish years before SoR).

When we get into the realm of "she should be in her mid-40s, but looks like she's in her mid-50s" that's where we're just running into the limits of how realistically/subtly characters are going to be rendered in-game. Besides, if anyone's going to have some 'hard living' lines, it'll be a Mando mercenary.

Edited by DarthDymond

Definitely wasn't 25 in "Deceived" since she also was in the "Hope" trailer which took place 14 years before "Deceived" (27ish years before SoR).

When we get into the realm of "she should be in her mid-40s, but looks like she's in her mid-50s" that's where we're just running into the limits of how realistically/subtly characters are going to be rendered in-game. Besides, if anyone's going to have some 'hard living' lines, it'll be a Mando mercenary.

What? That Mandlorian was her? She doesn't look like 50 in "Deceived" at all, 30 at most.

What? That Mandlorian was her? She doesn't look like 50 in "Deceived" at all, 30 at most.

I assume she was 18-20ish in Hope, early/mid-30s in Deceived, mid-40s in SoR (with 'hard living' and the lack of subtlety in the in-game graphics making her arguably look more like she's in her 50s).

I assume she was 18-20ish in Hope, early/mid-30s in Deceived, mid-40s in SoR (with 'hard living' and the lack of subtlety in the in-game graphics making her arguably look more like she's in her 50s).

I guess that's due to the change of the timescale before the game was released.

Similar to the issue of the comic, where Satele Shan was still a knight and looked very young in her late 40s and acted like one.

The amount of sexism in this thread is amazing.

"HOW DARE BIOWARE AGE A WOMAN AND MAKE HER SOUND TOUGH AND GRIZZLED INSTEAD OF HAVING HER LOOK AND SOUND LIKE A PLAYBOY BUNNY!"

This is why no one takes feminists seriously

People aren't complaining about her not being sexy. (shes old compared to her appearance in the trailer, it's only logical she doesn't look as hot with 50 as she did with 20-30). A previous poster made a legimate point that in all appearances before SoR she was more of a silent professional instead of a constant trash-talker like she is in SoR.

Personally, I don't have an issue with her writing or her voice, but that doesn't mean I can't see why people have a different opinion.

No, this is why no one takes idiot fanboys seriously. 'Wah the tough mercenary woman doesn't look and sound sexy enough and wah a feminist dared to point out why this is a ******** complaint'. Cry more.

She looks around 40 in SoR, which is consistent with her appearance in the cinematic trailer. I swear to god most people must have no idea what women actually look like, especially when you considering she is hardly likely to be caking on the makeup.

Her voice is consistent with a tough veteran.

There is a difference between 'I don't like her voice/appearance' which is fine and complaining that she doesn't sound/look sexy, which is sexist. She isn't there to be sexy. Her value as a character has nothing to do with her being sexy. She's a gosh darn bad*ss and she should look and sound like one.

Never seen anyone whine about how Jace Malcom doesn't look and sound younger and sexier, funny that.

Edited by LadyDrusilla

No, this is why no one takes idiot fanboys seriously. 'Wah the tough mercenary woman doesn't look and sound sexy enough and wah a feminist dared to point out why this is a ******** complaint'. Cry more.

She looks around 40 in SoR, which is consistent with her appearance in the cinematic trailer. I swear to god most people must have no idea what women actually look like, especially when you considering she is hardly likely to be caking on the makeup.

There is a difference between 'I don't like her voice/appearance' which is fine and complaining that she doesn't sound/look sexy, which is sexist. She isn't there to be sexy. Her value as a character has nothing to do with her being sexy. She's a gosh darn ****** and she should look and sound like one.

Never seen anyone ***** about how Jace Malcom doesn't look and sound younger and sexier, funny that.

You may have noticed I didn't cry at all, and said I don't have a problem with her writing or voice. I suggest reading more thoroughly next time :rolleyes:

But it seems that is common theme with you. Nobody in this thread said anything like "'Wah the tough mercenary woman doesn't look and sound sexy enough and wah" Again, I suggest reading more thoroughly.

Except it isn't. She's a lot closer to 50 than to 40, hence my point that I don't see the complaints about her looks. But by all means, continue to rage at imaginary stuff, it's quite amusing :D:D

As for your final point, see above. Nobody said anything about that, you're drawing at straws. That is why nobody takes feminists seriously. You read something that isn't even there, take offense and go around and yell real loud that you got offended by evil male sexists.

You hadn't even posted in this topic until after I had, so why you think I was referring to your posts at all is beyond me. Also you say you weren't crying, yet you started your post with passive aggressive whining about why no one takes feminists seriously.

I'm literally not talking about anything you have said in relation to Shae, and you think my points are wrong because they don't address what you have said.

I suggest you read the thread again because she was explicitly criticised for not sounding and looking sexy and svelte, which is what I was referring to.

She looks in her early to mid 40s, which is completely consistent with how she looks in Deceived where she looks to be anywhere between 27-35. She is also a soldier, not a supermodel.

My final point is a comparison, the fact you can't grasp how it is relevant to compare how male and female warrior characters are treated by the fandom really just illustrates how you have no clue what you are talking about.. Shae Vizla is being criticised for not looking and sounding sexy enough because she is a female character. Jace Malcom is not, because he is a male character. It's funny that you accuse me of of bringing up things no one mentioned when you opened with a rant about feminism.

anyway I'm done, you can't have a serious debate with little boys like you, you are too emotional and ignorant to conduct a rational discussion.

You hadn't even posted in this topic until after I had, so why you think I was referring to your posts at all is beyond me. Also you say you weren't crying, yet you started your post with passive aggressive whining about why no one takes feminists seriously.

I'm literally not talking about anything you have said in relation to Shae, and you think my points are wrong because they don't address what you have said.

I suggest you read the thread again because she was explicitly criticised for not sounding and looking sexy and svelte, which is what I was referring to.

She looks in her early to mid 40s, which is completely consistent with how she looks in Deceived where she looks to be anywhere between 27-35. She is also a soldier, not a supermodel.

My final point is a comparison, the fact you can't grasp how it is relevant to compare how male and female warrior characters are treated by the fandom really just illustrates how you have no clue what you are talking about.. Shae Vizla is being criticised for not looking and sounding sexy enough because she is a female character. Jace Malcom is not, because he is a male character. It's funny that you accuse me of of bringing up things no one mentioned when you opened with a rant about feminism.

anyway I'm done, you can't have a serious debate with little boys like you, you are too emotional and ignorant to conduct a rational discussion.

For one, your second post was made directly after I posted mine. So yeah, I did think it was directed to me, especially considering you even answered my dig at feminists. If that's crying for you, you should look up what the word means.

I actually just did read the thread again. There's a single post I can find that I could even imagine be offensive to someone. And even that is a valid point, which I also made.

I still don't know what you're trying to say. That female gamers are morally-superior because they don't complain about the looks and/or voice of a character? Or what?

And it's funny you think I'm being emotional when your post called other posters "idiot fanboys" and is being censored all over the place.

Final point: Reported for having a sexist sig, enjoy ban.

Edited by JeffrenBrek

There is a difference between 'I don't like her voice/appearance' which is fine and complaining that she doesn't sound/look sexy, which is sexist. She isn't there to be sexy. Her value as a character has nothing to do with her being sexy. She's a gosh darn bad*ss and she should look and sound like one.

Never seen anyone whine about how Jace Malcom doesn't look and sound younger and sexier, funny that.

Jace doesn't look much different than the trailer "Hope", which happened a decade before "Deceived". Shae looks like 20-25 in "Deceived" and around 50 to me in SoR. Maybe that's due to the change they made later.

Edited by Slowpokeking

^ How you discuss it sensibly, just saying.

I don't think she looks much over 40, if you look at (pictures of) women in their late 30s to mid 40s without makeup some of them look older than Shae does in SoR. I actually really like that they aged her properly rather than keeping her young and pretty. She leads a hard life after all, she isn't living the high life on Nar Shaddaa or something.