[SPOILERS] Where does Revan occur in TOR?

Kremsau

Good morning,

I was curious, in which missions can I see Revan?

For that matter, really any continuation of the KotOR. Any references to Canderous/Bastila/etc...

I love when games tie-in past events, just subbed so I figured I'd take advantage of my forum abilities.

Thanks so much!

(Hope your 2X weekend was great!)

PS. Any in-game appearances of characters from the novels are appreciated too, saw in a dev blog that Theron Shan would be making an appearance.

Edited by Kremsau

Good morning,

I was curious, in which missions can I see Revan?

For that matter, really any continuation of the KotOR. Any references to Canderous/Bastila/etc...

I love when games tie-in past events, just subbed so I figured I'd take advantage of my forum abilities.

Thanks so much!

(Hope your 2X weekend was great!)

PS. Any in-game appearances of characters from the novels are appreciated too, saw in a dev blog that Theron Shan would be making an appearance.

The world quest arc on Dromund Kaas, so only for Empire side, references Revan (and if i remember shows him in a vision).

Republic gets to encounter Revan in-person if you do the quests for the Taral V and Maelstrom Prison Flashpoints, these quests also feature the Jedi Exile from KotOR 2.

Empire gets to encounter him in-person if you do the quests for the Boarding Party and Foundry Flashpoints, the Foundry also includes HK-47.

Both sides encounter HK-47 in the False Emperor Flashpoint.

I have heard, although I haven't played it myself, that a vision of Bastila Shan shows up as a Holocron gatekeeper in the Consular's Class Story.

A Sith Spirit widely interpreted to be the Force Ghost of Kreia/Darth Trayus shows up near the end of the Sith Warrior Class Story.

Darth Bandon's Head and Canderous Ordo's skull show up in the Smuggler's Class Story.

The fate of the Taris Refugees that Revan led to their Promised Land is revealed through a series of messages as part of a Taris world quest (I think for both sides, but definitely for the Republic side at least). You can also see the wreckage of the Endar Spire (the ship from the very beginning of KotOR) on Taris.

Theron Shan shows up as part of the new Forged Alliances questline on the Republic Side (available on the Fleet at level 55)

Edited by DarthDymond

Everything Dymond said (except calling Kreia Trayus instead of Traya) is accurate, including the part with Bastila. Vandar Tokare (Yoda's species, member of the Jedi Council that accepts Revan for training) is also among the keepers in the Noeticon.

In addition, the Republic side has a mission on Corellia (don't remember the name) in Axial Park where the Bonus is to reactivate holo statues of Revan and the crew that helped him defeat Malak.

The wreck of the Endar Spire (ship you're on right in the beginning of KotOR) can be entered as part of the Republic story of Taris and the Bounty Hunter story on Taris. The hospital and Swoop tracks can also be visited.

The final boss of the Black Talon Flashpoint (first FP in the game for Imperials), Yadira Ban, the pinkish Twilek, is speculated to be related to Yuthura Ban (a Sith in the Korriban Academy that can be turned Jedi using the right dialogue).

A female Miraluka Jedi in the Bounty Hunter story is speculated to be descended from Visas Marr (because her last name is Marr)

Finally, Lord Scourge from Drew Karpyshyn's Revan novel plays a part in the Jedi Knight story.

(non-story bonus: on Hoth, definitely Republic side, not sure about Imperial, the beautiful Manaan soundtrack from KotOR sometimes plays in the background)

Thank you guys so much! Looks like I'm going to be doing some treasure hunting for these gems (especially looking forward to the Axial Park holo-statues)

I'll keep an eye out for any I can add to the list =D

P.S. Scourge was a jaw dropper for me as I'd finished the book right as he made his in-game appearance.

Was going to add this to my reply but didn't want it muddled in my thanks.

Jace Malcom, since the Spoiler tag is up, I won't feel bad, Theron Shan's father and Satele Shan's lover is the quest giver for the Alderaan Bonus Series....well I suppose he was also Supreme Commander of the Republic's military and he did grenade punch Malgus in the face...but those are just minor details

Edited by Kremsau

The fate of the Taris Refugees that Revan led to their Promised Land is revealed through a series of messages as part of a Taris world quest (I think for both sides, but definitely for the Republic side at least). You can also see the wreckage of the Endar Spire (the ship from the very beginning of KotOR) on Taris.

Can confirm The Promised Ones are only mentioned Republic side.

(non-story bonus: on Hoth, definitely Republic side, not sure about Imperial, the beautiful Manaan soundtrack from KotOR sometimes plays in the background)

There's no such thing ever playing on Hoth, for either faction. The mood and tempo of the track is fairly similar but the notes are not the same.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Can confirm The Promised Ones are only mentioned Republic side.

There's no such thing ever playing on Hoth, for either faction. The mood and tempo of the track is fairly similar but the notes are not the same.

I am 99% positive that

or at least a variation of it has played for me on Hoth.

The piano (or whatever instrument it may be in the beginning) is seemingly identical between the two:

Hoth

Manaan

So I'd say you aren't far off base

Edited by Kremsau

I am 99% positive that
or at least a variation of it has played for me on Hoth.

Like I said, the tempo and mood of both tracks are similar but they're not identical. I would know, seeing I play both of them on my electric organ.

The one on Hoth is an original composition by Wilbert Roger II. Jeremy Soul wrote the piece you are referring to for KoTOR as far as I'm aware.

My bad, you're right obviously. Probably wasn't paying enough attention to the music aside from the piano, which is about the only thing remotely similar.

To make up for this, more relevant facts: Revan had a "compound" on Nar Shaddaa. It was filled with Ongree slaves and protected by droids and automated turrets. It's part of the Imperial story there.

Nar Shaddaa, coincidentally, is described by HK-51 to be "the Maker's workshop" (Imperial HK near the speeder for the space port).

Manaan is rumored to become available in the game as a planet/quest area soon (see

)

Not a single character invented for the "Fatal Alliance" novel was used in the game (so far, maybe in the future?).

Edited by Darkelefantos

My bad, you're right obviously. Probably wasn't paying enough attention to the music aside from the piano, which is about the only thing remotely similar.

To make up for this, more relevant facts: Revan had a "compound" on Nar Shaddaa. It was filled with Ongree slaves and protected by droids and automated turrets. It's part of the Imperial story there.

Nar Shaddaa, coincidentally, is described by HK-51 to be "the Maker's workshop" (Imperial HK near the speeder for the space port).

Manaan is rumored to become available in the game as a planet/quest area soon (see

)

Not a single character invented for the "Fatal Alliance" novel was used in the game (so far, maybe in the future?).

This is actually incorrect, seeing that Master Oric was indeed first introduced on Fatal Alliance. :cool:

EDIT:

I'm assuming we're talking about characters who weren't part of Vanilla TOR BTW.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Was Oric introduced merely as:

Shigar wasn't surprised, but at the same time he couldn't hide his relief. He bowed deeply before the holographic images of the High Council members, many of whom he had yet to meet in person: brooding Wens Aleusis, brilliant Giffis Fane, young Oric Traless, the newest member of the Council...

Or is there more in a comic / graphic novel (which I just ordered the three Old Republic comics)

Edit:

I'm curious across the entire game, Vanilla included.

Edited by Kremsau

This is actually incorrect, seeing that Master Oric was indeed first introduced on Fatal Alliance. :cool:

I said "invented for" it and I meant characters that play major roles in the novel, but you're right of course. However, Oric's appearance in SWTOR is short enough to forget about him for a moment, I have to admit :p

More random knowledge? Darth Gravus appears on Imperial side Taris and dies in the "Annihilation" novel.

Not an actual fact, but a reference of sorts: the final trial for the Inquisitor involes retrieving a map from the Tomb of Naga Sadow. The Sith Warrior is sent to retrieve a Lightsaber from the same tomb. I hear Revan did both of these things at once... :p

Addendum to the Nar Shaddaa thing: you can find Revan's journal there (bonus quest). He wrote a bit about the technology of the Infinite Empire.

The Sith Inquisitor meets a Sith (former Jedi, later subordinate of Malak) Ghost who... was a first hand witness of the bombing of Taris.

The Bounty Hunter story on Taris revolves in part around an intra-Mandalorian conflict that was caused by the "teachings" (lack of a better term) of Canderous.

The quest giver for the Imperial story on Corellia (the first Sith you meet, his name eludes me) has, in a display of great taste, named his ship "Tears of Taris". It's not seen in full, but it's supposedly a retrofit version of one of the Leviathan ships (the ones that bombed Taris).

Edit:

Also, have

. It's currently stuck in my head, so I thought I'd share some random Yajirobe. Edited by Darkelefantos

Was Oric introduced merely as:

Or is there more in a comic / graphic novel (which I just ordered the three Old Republic comics)

Edit:

I'm curious across the entire game, Vanilla included.

I don't have the comics with me - unlike the novels - but I'm fairly sure he was never mentioned in any other media, except for Fatal Alliance and the latest flashpoint on Tython.

I said "invented for" it and I meant characters that play major roles in the novel, but you're right of course. However, Oric's appearance in SWTOR is short enough to forget about him for a moment, I have to admit :p

Honestly, I only remember because I read the novels to death before the game was released. Aside that, I always felt dismayed over the fact Fatal Alliance almost feels like it takes place in a parallel universe. :o

I mean, where's Shigar for example?

Threat of Peace is so bad in this regard that part of it feels completely non-canon for me; Same issue with Deceived, though the writing for Malgus makes up for that. :D

I had come in expecting Hexes (I mean self-replicating bots in an MMO just makes sense) and zombie Sith all over the place. When I found Jace Malcom, it clicked that there wasn't a hub for all the lines-of-lore crossing through this game.

I'm right there with you. If you guys don't mind, I'd like to compile (with your usernames as sources) all of the finds in my first post.

Edited by Kremsau

In that regard, I feel Fatal Alliance and Threat of Peace are the worst offenders. I mean, they have a pretty accurate representation of Satele Shan, which is retconned just months later by the "Hope" trailer. That's a bit of a mess. And just a part of it. Don't get me started on Darth Baras.

Also Revan folded space, hopefully time too.

So he might return in SWTOR or even in a distant future after episode VII.

Not really relevant for the thread. And really, Revan just has to die at some point here. I don't want him to pop up living 200 ABY. Enough is enough, there's no reason to ruin the character for profit.

I was SO HAPPY to hear Revan was appearing in this game. The book set it up just right. I pray as the game moves forward he's brought back into quest line. As well, being able to see how he's coping, I'd imagine he'd want to see Satele as she is his descendant.

I don't see the Emperor slipping him into that coma-like state any time soon.

Edited by Kremsau

I was SO HAPPY to hear Revan was appearing in this game. The book set it up just right. I pray as the game moves forward he's brought back into quest line. As well, being able to see how he's coping, I'd imagine he'd want to see Satele as she is his descendant.

I don't see the Emperor slipping him into that coma-like state any time soon.

The Emperor needs to fix his own coma first :p

In that regard, I feel Fatal Alliance and Threat of Peace are the worst offenders. I mean, they have a pretty accurate representation of Satele Shan, which is retconned just months later by the "Hope" trailer. That's a bit of a mess. And just a part of it. Don't get me started on Darth Baras.

Darth Baras, as far as his personality goes, is nailed perfectly both in the game and in the expanded media: Manipulative, intelligent and usually two steps ahead of you; No problem there I believe.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111206080536/swtor/images/0/07/Baras.JPG

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100514003530/starwars/images/2/24/Sith_Lord_Baras.jpg

His physical appearance though... Errrrr... I have frankly no idea how or why this happened. :o

I can only assume this decision came fairly late in the game's development, seeing that his obesity is never actually played upon, dialogue wise. It's like they needed something to make him far more memorable during his introduction and wanted to joke around over the fact he was overweight.

Satele was and will always be a monumental clusterfrak though. :eek:

Threat of Peace takes place YEARS after she was a mother, following that short-lived thing with Jace Malcolm after the Battle of Alderaan. However, on ToP she's portrayed as an immature brat who feels attracted to Tavus, not to mention she looks like she's in her early 20's, surely not in her early(?) 40's.

And there's more...

Angral's portrayal on the novel Deceived is absolutely NOTHING like the man you see in the ToP, seeing that in the former he seems to be rather calm and even content with the Treaty of Coruscant being signed. In ToP, he's filled with rage and even attacks Baras because he lead the negotiation.

Gravus on Annihilation also shows to have a personality far different from the one he seemed to have on Taris.

- - - -

Of course, it's possible we're nitpicking a bit but even so, some fairly different stuff here and there... Hard not to notice and fairly early in the game's story.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Darth Baras, as far as his personality goes, is nailed perfectly both in the game and in the expanded media: Manipulative, intelligent and usually two steps ahead of you; No problem there I believe.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111206080536/swtor/images/0/07/Baras.JPG

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100514003530/starwars/images/2/24/Sith_Lord_Baras.jpg

His physical appearance though... Errrrr... I have frankly no idea how or why this happened. :o

I can only assume this decision came fairly late in the game's development, seeing that his obesity is never actually played upon, dialogue wise. It's like they needed something to make him far more memorable during his introduction and wanted to joke around over the fact he was overweight.

Satele was and will always be a monumental clusterfrak though. :eek:

Threat of Peace takes place YEARS after she was a mother, following that short-lived thing with Jace Malcolm after the Battle of Alderaan. However, on ToP she's portrayed as an immature brat who feels attracted to Tavus, not to mention she looks like she's in her early 20's, surely not in her early(?) 40's.

And there's more...

Angral's portrayal on the novel Deceived is absolutely NOTHING like the man you see in the ToP, seeing that in the former he seems to be rather calm and even content with the Treaty of Coruscant being signed. In ToP, he's filled with rage and even attacks Baras because he lead the negotiation.

Gravus on Annihilation also shows to have a personality far different from the one he seemed to have on Taris.

- - - -

Of course, it's possible we're nitpicking a bit but even so, some fairly different stuff here and there... Hard not to notice and fairly early in the game's story.

Maybe Baras gained weight? The Satele thing idk about. However, Angral didn't make an appearance in Deceived. That was Malgus, only character to be shown in all three cinematics. Read the Deceived book for reference

Edited by Bird_of_Thunder

Maybe Baras gained weight? The Satele thing idk about. However, Angral didn't make an appearance in Deceived. That was Malgus, only character to be shown in all three cinematics. Read the Deceived book for reference

I was referring to the novel, not the trailer; Angral does appear in the former last I checked. If I wasn't referring to the novel, why would I even try to establish a parallel with ToP to begin with? :rolleyes:

I believe Dao Stryver makes a mere appearance in the Agent storyline's end as a

member of the Star Cabal

She is ONLY mentioned.

Also, there's no actual proof she was a Star Cabal member, seeing she could have been as easily manipulated as so many others.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The quest giver for the Imperial story on Corellia (the first Sith you meet, his name eludes me) has, in a display of great taste, named his ship "Tears of Taris". It's not seen in full, but it's supposedly a retrofit version of one of the Leviathan ships (the ones that bombed Taris)..

His name is Darth Charnus. In the Revanite quest on Dromound Kaas, the light side option is to humiliate him by making him look like a Revanite, instead of reporting the Revanites to Intelligence. Also Wookieepedia says the Tears of Taris was a retrofitted Centurion.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tears_of_Taris

So more akin to Nihilus' ship than Malak's.

Edited by Sangiban