Embarrased to admit it, but I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my toons

xordevoreaux

Please tell me someone else keeps track of their toons using a spreadsheet. I've 32 toons on the sub account and 6 on the FTP account. On the main account, I keep track of server, guild, char name, level, species, alignment, class, subclass, role (tan/dps/heal), crafting, and 6 columns for the crew skills (I have an x in a column if a toon has the skill).

Too nerdy or just nerdy enough for a large collection of toons?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me someone else keeps track of their toons using a spreadsheet. I've 32 toons on the sub account and 6 on the FTP account. On the main account, I keep track of server, guild, char name, level, species, alignment, class, subclass, role (tan/dps/heal), crafting, and 6 columns for the crew skills (I have an x in a column if a toon has the skill).

Not quite, but I know most of mine off the top of my head, some have exactly the same details anyway I mean they are all on the same server and are all in the same guild.

I know I am trying to have 1 male and female of each advanced class so I know the subclasses and they are all DPS (that's all I can be trusted with).

I will admit though I did use a spreadsheet to try and plan what races I wanted for each of my characters and I also planned which of my characters were going to have what gathering/crew skills (even those I have not yet created).

Sort of! I don't track my toons but I do use a spreadsheet to track all my different sets of Legacy Pilot armour, what level and type of mods is in them and (most importantly) where they're stored.

I used to keep track of gear that way pre-4.0, when I had to gear comps as well. But, right now, 6 pub alts and 4 Imp ones, of whom I'm only actively playing about 3, and only one toon each for the crafting skills, I don't exceed my memory, yet.

I used to keep track of gear that way pre-4.0, when I had to gear comps as well. But, right now, 6 pub alts and 4 Imp ones, of whom I'm only actively playing about 3, and only one toon each for the crafting skills, I don't exceed my memory, yet.

I did too! I deleted several columns from the spreadsheet because I no longer worry now about which character was a bit behind in gear that I needed to hop onto a synthweaver or armormech to get the toon up to speed. Now, I'll run them through heroics first to see if what's needed drops.

I use a spreadsheet. It tracks who's in a relationship and with whom, credits and comms and so on (and adds them all up so I know where I'm at); their crew skills, gear level, who's done what weeklies, and now that choices have started to matter I'm starting to keep track of the Valkorian one's too. I keep an eye on who's light and dark and in between, their alliance levels, and where they're up to in the story. And who's done the eternal champion and star fortresses. I have the top 5 or so influence comps listed so as the gifts start stacking up I know which will be the next one to take to 50. I had to spend over half hour switching between characters one time just to find who had the arbiters I wanted to sell. Now all the notable stuff is on my spreadsheet. Edited by Rantank

I use LibreOffice. Free open source, similar, compatibility isn't a problem so far, and did I mention free. Less bloated than OpenOffice seems to be becoming.

I have a terrible memory, always have, and far too many characters at cap or close to... I waste too much time trying to re-figure out what I was doing and where and why... etc... stuff written down means I can logon to a char and know what I was doing at a glance, with more in depth stuff hidden in comments. I update a char before I logoff them... takes about 10 seconds to do and saves a lot of "*** was I doing?" moments.

Edited by Rantank

I don't use spreadsheet (never did for anything , like grocery planning or anything else)..for the simple reason I have a hard time following it and just end up throwing it lol

so that is why I don't bother . I admire the peoples who can plan things on paper and follow it..because I just can't . :p

Toons? No - I only have half a dozen active, and one is pretty much a "bank alt".

Collections? Yep, Excel spreadsheet with tabs for armor, weapons, mounts, and companion customizations.

Most of the gear I collect I have chilling in various Cargo Bays until I create a character that I'll actually use them on, so that I don't have to pony up the Unlock costs (although when they put the Unlocks in sale a week or two ago, I did go ahead and unlock over a hundred armors and weapons since the Bronze ones were only 30CC a pop).

Edited by DarthDymond

I recently started using a spreadsheet to track what gear level and set bonuses my end-game characters have. I got sick and tired of trying to remember what each character needed and all too often misremembering and therefore getting pieces that were totally worthless to me.

That same sheet also has what bosses drop what gear so I know what to run to get what I want.

In the past, I have also done extensive crew skill tracking via spreadsheet

yields and crit rates

RE success rates

credits per time

Edited by psandak

I couldn't live without spreadsheets for this game.

Like Rantank I use LibreOffice. Close enough to Excel that I haven't had any problem adapting.

One main spreadsheet has my 27 & my partner's 19 toons, with professions/levels, where they are in KotFE, or what planet if still on the original class stories. This also includes light / dark side alignment. KotFE decisions. Main companion, class/advance class/tree. Which Cartel Pack sets they store.

I've got another smaller spreadsheet on my iPad to keep track of money/comms and which weekly heroics they've done.

I use a "spreadsheet" to keep track of what toon has what - that is, it's based on MS Excel, but it's really just more of a "table" than an actual spreadsheet. No calculations are done.

I started off using it to keep track of which alt had what level of equipment, but now that they're all level 65, I use it mostly to keep track of who's done the latest chapter of KoFE, or EC, or whatever.

And, I'm not embarrassed to admit it. It's just that I'm familiar with using Excel and it was an easy way to keep track of things.

Edited by JediQuaker

I think this is hardcore... a wee bit amusing... and tres awesome!

MTFBWY! :wea_03:

Cheers,

J

I dont use a spreadsheet, but I do write down each of my characters, their personalities and what they have done (such as romances and story choices). I must confess after playing for over 4 years I have trouble recalling who did what since I have double classes and one of each advanced class.

I use LibreOffice. Free open source, similar, compatibility isn't a problem so far, and did I mention free. Less bloated than OpenOffice seems to be becoming.

I have a terrible memory, always have, and far too many characters at cap or close to... I waste too much time trying to re-figure out what I was doing and where and why... etc... stuff written down means I can logon to a char and know what I was doing at a glance, with more in depth stuff hidden in comments. I update a char before I logoff them... takes about 10 seconds to do and saves a lot of "*** was I doing?" moments.

Ditto, I use LibreOffice for my word processor and spreadsheet, and yesterday used LIbreOffice Draw for the first time to make a flier.

I must ask where can I get LibreOffice?? Is it compatible with Win 10? I'm in need of a Works program & can't get anything so far for Win 10 that works.

LibreOffice.org.

It's database tool isn't worth crap compared to MS Access, but I like the word processor and spreadsheet.

Edit:I'm using Win 10 with 64-bit LibreOffice and you can choose which version to download (click off the splash screen and then scroll to the bottom to the win 64 bit link).

Edited by xordevoreaux

Same here, with a Google spreadsheet that's easily editable in any web browser. Mostly to keep track of my credits, crystal count, level, main companion influence level, and a few other odds & ends. Really helps when I'm able to buy companion gifts for my main characters on less fun alts :)