SWTOR closing itself when loading a character

Meiran

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but since there's no technical area...

As of today, the game will close itself when I try loading a character (tried it with three so far). I've already tried repairing the launcher - no dice.

It was fine yesterday, and I've got no idea what's wrong with it.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but since there's no technical area...

As of today, the game will close itself when I try loading a character (tried it with three so far). I've already tried repairing the launcher - no dice.

Way back when, a couple of months after the game went live, this was a common problem. The threads on it are all locked now, but as far as I can see there was no official comment on any of the threads about a single specific known-good resolution to the issue.

Repair installations seemed to work for some people, while others had to download the client in another language and then swap back to their original language to get it working again.

Most commenters who got it working at the time seem to have gone for the full uninstall/delete all files, and then fresh download/reinstall.

Hey! In the character screen selection, can you change settings? Try toggling vsync, and turn off or lowering some graphic settings and see if anything helps! Thats what i would try (if changing gfx settings before entering game is possible)