Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not made a Jedi yet but wish to soon and make it my main.

Is it really that common for all Jedi players to go Dark?

Though maybe is because you need to be dark to romace, don't you? Would of thought so since it would break the Jedi code.

I have not made a Jedi yet but wish to soon and make it my main.

Is it really that common for all Jedi players to go Dark?

Though maybe is because you need to be dark to romace, don't you? Would of thought so since it would break the Jedi code.

Good questions... All I know is it's not cool or uniuqe to see a republic jedi with a red saber in this game... it's just common cliche', annoying and frankly a little too emo for my taste.

Good questions... All I know is it's not cool or uniuqe to see a republic jedi with a red saber in this game... it's just common cliche', annoying and frankly a little too emo for my taste.

Emo, perhaps. Or maybe some of them like the color red? *shrug*

There's no limitations on what colors Jedi use. Mace, the bad mother****er, Windu, had a purple lightsaber, which means walking the line between Light and Dark (according to lore).

My Sith Juggernaut has a blue lightsaber, and my Sentinel has blue lightsabers, but prefers yellow, because yellow symbolizes the Sentinel (again, according to lore).

It all comes down to preference. And I prefer to not be a dick about the colors people like.

Strange. My SI is light, ad can pick blue, yellow, and green. And those are just the ones I know about. Hmmm....

Do dark-sided chars have fewer options than light side?

They lose blue and green, light loses just red.

And while the other colours are non-locked, they're also rarer.

They lose blue and green, light loses just red.

And while the other colours are non-locked, they're also rarer.

So, how do you know they won't just continue using red even when they have the option to change? Maybe they really do like red?

Or maybe red crystals offer the stats they want that the others don't?

Edited by Pythoris

So, how do you know they won't just continue using red even when they have the option to change? Maybe they really do like red?

Or maybe red crystals offer the stats they want that the others don't?

Uh, no. Just at the basic level, an Artificer can always make Yellow crystals offering the same stats as equal tiers of the three basics. Colour Crystals get no exclusive stats.

However, some of them may just like it and that's fine. For others who might change if they could (say, if they liked orange better), well, it's a bit harder to keep their colour current, causing them to switch sometimes.

And getting the materials to craft the Yellow ones is more annoying, for reference, hence their rarity compared to Reds, Greens, or Blues.

Edited by Inarai

I don't get what you're saying...

Are you saying that one would have to be a sith in order for their favorite color to be red? Because if so, that makes absolutely no sense...

No, I'm saying they should pick their color based on what fits Star Wars and not just "my favorite color is".... Not that I'm buying Red as most people's favorite color for the reason they use that saber anyway.

Edited by Spymaster

No it doesn't.

There are Jedi that have used red. There are Sith that have used colours other than red.

The alignment lock is a compromise between movie-aesthetics and the IP at large.

Wrong. Because we aren't talking about one or two guys we are talking about the majority of Jedi having red, which does NOT fit in Star Wars at all.

Heck, even a large number of Sith with blue is bad enough, but that many dark jedi fighting for the republic? Really?

Edited by Spymaster

Wrong. Because we aren't talking about one or two guys we are talking about the majority of Jedi having red, which does NOT fit in Star Wars at all.

Heck, even a large number of Sith with blue is bad enough, but that many dark jedi fighting for the republic? Really?

So, they shouldn't be allowed to have the customization they want because it doesn't fit with YOU'RE idea of what Star Wars is? You do realize how ridiculously selfish that is, don't you?