Operation mechanics on 300ms lag for APAC players

Next patch that includes operations that do not make allowance for APAC players at the latency they now have. Consider my account /un-subscribed never to return. I am not saying it is impossible, its simply significantly harder and takes any fun out of the game. Tonight was a night where 250ms less latency would have been another boss kill. Instead we saw constant rubber banding.

It is beyond a joke.

He's letting them know that certain mechanics in a few of the new operations are a lot harder with the lag APAC players experience, Corruptor Zero's anti-grav field is one that comes to mind, another can be the aggro dump on Draxus, the simplification on Tyrans, the puddles on Bestia, and the knockback on Raptus. these mechanics aren;t hard to grasp, but executing them with that amount of lag is suffering, And before someone tells us to just jump once we're out of AOEs, that doesn;t help when it takes the server 300ms to actually register that jump.

He's letting them know that certain mechanics in a few of the new operations are a lot harder with the lag APAC players experience, Corruptor Zero's anti-grav field is one that comes to mind, another can be the aggro dump on Draxus, the simplification on Tyrans, the puddles on Bestia, and the knockback on Raptus. these mechanics aren;t hard to grasp, but executing them with that amount of lag is suffering, And before someone tells us to just jump once we're out of AOEs, that doesn;t help when it takes the server 300ms to actually register that jump.

HM DF/DP is still better than NiM TFB/SV with lag.

You lag 300ms (which is A LOT even in just HM DF/DP) on NiM TFB/SV you are a crispy dead Jawa.

HM DF/DP is still better than NiM TFB/SV with lag.

You lag 300ms (which is A LOT even in just HM DF/DP) on NiM TFB/SV you are a crispy dead Jawa.

A Nim EC I did a few days ago was interesting, catching those interrupts at the start was a nightmare (pun intended)

The only real fix would be to bring back the APAC servers, but that isn't happening. still not sure why they got rid of them, the community spirit was great.

A Nim EC I did a few days ago was interesting, catching those interrupts at the start was a nightmare (pun intended)

The only real fix would be to bring back the APAC servers, but that isn't happening. still not sure why they got rid of them, the community spirit was great.

I heard they wanted to use them for other EA games:(

Pretty much. If you make the decision to introduce 300ms lag for subscribers on the other side of the world. Than you bloody well better not introduce mechanics like those listed above in game unless you want them to un-subscribe. It makes the challenge impossible so what's the point of playing?

Normally I cant wait for SWTOR content updates, but honestly this time around. I am cringing at the fact that nightmare mode is going to be the new content. Hard Mode DP/DF has been a nightmare as is.

Edited by -Jay-

i'm apac (brisbane) and have had no probs in hm and nim content :cool:

It's not that we've all had problems, it's the fact we have to work so much harder to complete the same content and output the same numbers. basically, there comes a point where all you can really improve is your connection, and by sheer distance it can never be as good as our west coast colleagues.

It's not that we've all had problems, it's the fact we have to work so much harder to complete the same content and output the same numbers. basically, there comes a point where all you can really improve is your connection, and by sheer distance it can never be as good as our west coast colleagues.

Can you get better numbers on the east coast or Europe?

I don't think they're allowing transfers now, but it could be worth the effort to re-roll.

You wouldn't be the first to re-roll on a new server. Countless others abandoned the dieing servers back before they merged them.

Yes, it's hard, but not impossible. (OP, you said that in your first post but in next one said it makes the challenge impossible.) I'm APAC, I play with ~240 ping average, but not uncommon for me to have between 300 and 400. It makes it harder but there are timers and patterns for pretty much every mechanic such as the anti-grav field and many interrupts. There are audio cues. If you work hard and pay attention, 300ms won't stop anyone. I get out of anti-grav, red pools, and interrupt one-second casts fine at that level of sever lag.

And if you get what you want, others will complain about content being too easy. Can't please everyone. I wonder if closing the APAC servers had anything to do with those who complained about low population... Well, can't complain about low pop on the Harbinger, plenty of other things to complain about though. :rolleyes:

Can you get better numbers on the east coast or Europe?

nope.

i sit on between ~220ms and ~300ms pings from central Queensland to West Harbinger (get occasional 400+ spikes). pings to East & Europe are even worse.

for most general PvE content, it's not a huge issue. you just have to be right on the ball and shift as soon as you see that you're in some circle of doom. I've not done much NiM or Ops content yet, so can't comment on specifics.

lag is just something i've learned to deal with over the years, for third-person games like Diablo II and SWTOR, it's a lot less of a problem than it is for an FPS game.