Juicing?

rigilkent

So around 4:20 every day I play better for some reason.

I have found that certain nootropics of the legal variety that increase neuroplasticity help me play as well, coupled with one that is a serotonin agonist.

When I played competitively in other games, I used brain overclocking compounds like these to help me get the edge. Does anyone else?

Edited by rigilkent

Just to clarify: as I stated above, I fly sober...but per the thread title, I do, however, condone juicing. Meaning, I regularly use anabolic steroids to boost my GSF performance. My right-hand clicky fingers are huge; each knuckle has its own six-pack.

But everybody does that, right? I mean, how else is one supposed to compete?

For a more serious reply:

If you change your mental state: meditate beforehand, think about a certain person, drink a lot of alcohol, smoke a bunch of cannabis, whatever- and then do an action, a lot of how your brain learns to do that action will be tied to that thing.

This explains a lot of folks who get on something mind altering and do something that should not, objectively, be boosted by that- they have learned to do it as themselves+object, and if you take object away they would have to repeat their training.

Specifically, cannabis is NOT a performance enhancer of strategy, tactics, or twitch. That's not to say you can't be plenty good while using it, over even better than sober if you don't spend plenty of time also practicing sober. And this is also not to say that cannabis can't, for instance, modify your creativity in a positive way, etc. Merely that if you think something like that is improving your flying your are (maybe) telling yourself a story (ex, if you hate dying when sober, but have a ready excuse when high) or, more likely, you have just learned the action always in that mental state.

Note that there are drugs that can legitimately enhance performance at video games, of course. Certain classic games have high scores that are PROBABLY set with the help of some manner of amphetamine, for instance. Modern games are built with a better knowledge of how humans play- an old game might just steadily get harder or repeat a level meant to be unbeatable but that isn't (and the highest score will be a guy with a perfect peak performance for four hours straight), where a modern game will either actually become impossible or end and grade your performance over a roughly fixed amount of time or effort. These modern games aren't built to reward the artificial long term drive generated by some of the harshest stims, which was only ever an emergent property of the original ones.

Also I had a personal story typed up but it's pretty much too real for the GSF forums. I've never smoked cannabis, and probably never will, but several of my friends do, and I'm big in favor of it being legal. But why aren't you guys moving to one of the states with it legal? Do you REALLY understand the legal risks you put yourself under right now by not doing that?

If I was a smoker, I'd move heaven and earth to go to a state where it was legal.

Also I had a personal story typed up but it's pretty much too real for the GSF forums. I've never smoked cannabis, and probably never will, but several of my friends do, and I'm big in favor of it being legal. But why aren't you guys moving to one of the states with it legal? Do you REALLY understand the legal risks you put yourself under right now by not doing that?

If I was a smoker, I'd move heaven and earth to go to a state where it was legal.

Canada's a great place.

^^

Even if you live in a state where it's legal, it's still federally illegal, so if you ever want a government job that's either federal or uses federal funding, or want to do anything that requires a secret clearance (e.g. engineering/science work for government projects or even working in an office that deals with such, or working in certain parts of the military), you still can't partake without repercussions.

Otherwise, yeah, you're fine, as long as the federal government keeps looking the other way (which they certainly have so far and seem to be giving every indication that they will continue to do).

I've never tried it myself, and I'm not going to currently even though I live in a state where it's legal, for one or more of the above reasons (I won't go into detail ^_~). I am curious about it, though, and think it's pretty dumb that it's illegal.

Specifically, cannabis is NOT a performance enhancer of strategy, tactics, or twitch. That's not to say you can't be plenty good while using it, over even better than sober if you don't spend plenty of time also practicing sober. And this is also not to say that cannabis can't, for instance, modify your creativity in a positive way, etc. Merely that if you think something like that is improving your flying your are (maybe) telling yourself a story (ex, if you hate dying when sober, but have a ready excuse when high) or, more likely, you have just learned the action always in that mental state.

I could see pot being an option if you're easily put on tilt.

I mentioned two compounds. Those compounds that definitely help my game are schedule one narcotic. They were like that right at release. I don't want to violate any game rules by mentioning them here but ... they definitely help my game, and it isn't just personal neuro-linguistic programming. These drugs agonize serotonin, and increase neuroplasticity. That is ALL they do. By standard, a threshold dose would help me win.

I mentioned two compounds. Those compounds that definitely help my game are schedule one narcotic. They were like that right at release. I don't want to violate any game rules by mentioning them here but ... they definitely help my game, and it isn't just personal neuro-linguistic programming. These drugs agonize serotonin, and increase neuroplasticity. That is ALL they do. By standard, a threshold dose would help me win.

If you are risking permanent downregulation of serotonin receptors in exchange for being pretty good in a battle scout, that's madness.

Go to longecity and ask them about your "nootropics". I bet they will disagree that any schedule I narcos truly belong on the list. And that forum? Is hugely risk tolerant.

If you want to burn the flame of your potential with such risky substances, you should at least be producing art or performing at a high level in a profitable or competitive endeavor- at least then, the massive risks you take could be argued to be a price worth paying. A reasonably noncompetitive game that YOU play by bingeing every few months is not worth it.

Also irresponsible: Coming into this forum and saying "Hey, so, lets talk about these substances we can't name, that imply felonies we actually commit, with risky substances that have a pretty coin flip chance of damaging us forever. And talk like that's a way to improve our game here."

What if someone takes that advice? What if they roll worse than you on the neural dice? And this assumes that you yourself don't come to harm- that certainly remains a risk. And even if everyone is perfectly safe with such risky substances, there's the risk of creation of evidence to be used against someone- unlikely, but still possible.

Edited by Verain

Otherwise, yeah, you're fine, as long as the federal government keeps looking the other way (which they certainly have so far and seem to be giving every indication that they will continue to do).

Sounds to me like they're missing an opportunity for tax revenue (but I'm an accountant) by not legalising & then taxing it...