SG Breaks Bioware (16-Man)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you bother reading the patch notes? They nerfed the fight for 16m and stoped you from being able to cheese it at 50%.

•Made several adjustments to the encounter with Thrasher in 16-player Nightmare Mode:•Thrasher's health has been increased by from 5.15 million to 5.33 million.

•Thrasher's enrage timer has been increased from 5 minutes to 5 minutes 35 seconds.

•Thrasher's "Roar" has been increased from 20 seconds to 35 seconds after falling below 50% health and summoning Snipers.

•Snipers now pause for three seconds after entering Cover before using their "Snipe" ability.

•Snipers now activate Defensive Protocols after 45 seconds rather than 50 seconds.

•Turrets now target and attack immediately after spawning.

•Turrets now deal increased damage.

Did you bother reading the patch notes? They nerfed the fight for 16m and stoped you from being able to cheese it at 50%.

I do believe that was the entire point of his post - to point out the fact that BW had to adjust a fight after we killed it in a way other than intended. Did you bother reading the original post?

SG isn't the only guild to kill warlords in 16m. BW does watch and look at multiple sources. And no doubt they looked at their metrics per usual and saw the high failure rate. Looks like some real handholder fixes there too. Would be nice to have a 3s delay on snipe cast in 8m but thats okay 8m guilds will continue using their precision to do fights right and actually beat the sniper nests without the 3s delay or the change to roar or the enrage timer:P

It feels good to know that Bioware increased the difficulty of bosses in 16-man Nightmare S&V for 2.3.1 thanks to Severity.

I did read what he said, you guys seem to think Bioware has increased the difficulty all because of you guys. But the truth is they took away your cheese and Nerfed the fight. That's right the fight is now easier go read the patch notes and take a look at what they did and you will see the fight is now easier when doing it the intended way.

It's like you think we're worried about the changes. We're not. We were confident we could do it either way, we just didn't bother since it's an easy oneshot (twoshot max) the way we normally do it. Mostly we think it's funny that, after a month, the strat we popularized for 16m thrasher is finally getting squashed.

lol confident in doing it the regular way and actually doing it the regular way are two different things. You wouldnt have had to do it this way for a month if you had been able to do it the reg way:P

they were smart enough to devise their own strategy. Who are we to tell them that something has to be killed only in a certain method and other methods are, that's only BW's territory. If whatever strategy works for them, who cares.

The SG strat has only become cheesy because 75 gearing has made it easier. You are forcing a hard engrage on yourself and racing against imminent death.....not something you would definitely want to choose to do. In 72 gear, you needed some of the best dps in the world to handle this, evident by the fact that only several 16m teams have cleared this fight.

The SG strat has only become cheesy because 75 gearing has made it easier. You are forcing a hard engrage on yourself and racing against imminent death.....not something you would definitely want to choose to do. In 72 gear, you needed some of the best dps in the world to handle this, evident by the fact that only several 16m teams have cleared this fight.

or just 7 slingers with shields to help survivability so dps could go out:P the hps differential between 8m and 16m before this wasnt set right. Actually required less dps in 16m overall to kill the boss they just needed the survivability. The changes BW made to this fight make it easy enough in 16m though. I guess if you want to kill it in its beefy form you gotta do 8m now.

or just 7 slingers with shields to help survivability so dps could go out:P the hps differential between 8m and 16m before this wasnt set right. Actually required less dps in 16m overall to kill the boss they just needed the survivability. The changes BW made to this fight make it easy enough in 16m though. I guess if you want to kill it in its beefy form you gotta do 8m now.

Wow you really know what you are talking about, right? Because you killed it in 16? Good job, we didn't know that.

or just 7 slingers with shields to help survivability so dps could go out:P.

Usually we have 5 slingers, on rare occasion maybe 6. So usually 50% of the dps spots in the raid are filled by slingers. I don't know what DnT runs, but I've tuned in to DnT streams and seen 2 snipers in the 8 man, which is also 50% of your dps spots being filled by snipers.

I should apologize that I just threw math at you since you find math impossible.

I fail to see how that's any different than any boss with a tight enrage timer. The 16man Thrasher LOLIGNOREADDSLOLOLOL has always been cheesy, because it's defeating game mechanics in ways other than intended. The definition of "cheese" in this game is fairly loose because it's not an RTS where you can use nonstandard tactics to win against another player, I've always seen it as defeating mechanics using abilities or tactics that cannot be employed by all group compositions. Saying that upgrading your gear makes the strat any more or less cheesy is dumb, gearing up inherently makes fights easier. That's like saying "LOL U TITLED WITH FULL 75'S, JOO CHEESED THE DRAGONSLAYER TITLE". The whole purpose of ignoring any adds sub 50% on this fight was to maximize DPS time on the boss in order to actually defeat the enrage wipe, having to kill adds as well requires more raid DPS than just focus firing the boss. If anything you'd need the best healers in the game to handle this, seeing as how if you had the best DPS in the game you wouldn't need to employ the 50% cheese strategy. Also, if you're going to say "only" in a sentence, the next word probably shouldn't be "several", seeing as how one contradicts the other. I dunno what else to say dude, larn2cotentargument.

Edited by countpopeula

It feels good to know that Bioware increased the difficulty of bosses in 16-man Nightmare S&V for 2.3.1 thanks to Severity. No more 51% burn phase on Thrasher...

Nah, still working, just killed Trasher this way. Feels a bit harder, but still its very doable

The whole purpose of ignoring any adds sub 50% on this fight was to maximize DPS time on the boss in order to actually defeat the enrage wipe, having to kill adds as well requires more raid DPS than just focus firing the boss.

Nope, try again.

Nah, still working, just killed Trasher this way. Feels a bit harder, but still its very doable

That's really funny. Another tweak incoming next week?

Nope, try again.

Blah blah blah don't care, don't run 16man blah blah blah 16man vs 8man argument, blah blah blah pretty sure cheesing a fight doesn't mean you "broke Bioware", they totally take care of that themselves, blah blah blah forum enemies for life.

Edited by countpopeula

Blah blah blah don't care, don't run 16man blah blah blah 16man vs 8man argument, blah blah blah pretty sure cheesing a fight doesn't mean you "broke Bioware", they totally take care of that themselves, blah blah blah forum enemies for life.

No need for that, as long as you realize you fundamentally misunderstood the reasoning behind the "ignore snipers" strat.

Obviously getting through the sniper phase was beyond their ability so they used an alternative method taking full advantage of the way they stack their raid. Good for them but now they are tweaking the fight to see if guilds can actually do it the way it was intended without ignoring the mechanics of the fight. Apparently they still need to tweak it further as adding 200k hps to the boss wasn't enough and guilds are still able to burn through the sniper spawns. If you want to do the fight as it was intended do it in 8m and actually overcome the mechanics instead of ignoring them.

Usually we have 5 slingers, on rare occasion maybe 6. So usually 50% of the dps spots in the raid are filled by slingers. I don't know what DnT runs, but I've tuned in to DnT streams and seen 2 snipers in the 8 man, which is also 50% of your dps spots being filled by snipers.

I should apologize that I just threw math at you since you find math impossible.

We find math impossible, you find world firsts impossible, I find the Swtor community impossible, we all have our vices it would seem.

:rak_angelic: