UNFAIR.Double XP Buff should be 48hrs per week instead!

ChrisMattar

Many people might play on weekends but a ton of us cannot log in on weekends, we have things such as a family, friends, girlfriends, wives, kids, lunches dinners trips and other things.

I for one have 3 alts id love to push from mid 30s to 50 but will not be able to play on a single of those weekends.

As is the case with numerous others in my guild and in game.

How about you give everyone an equal opportunity and make a 48hr or 72hr double XP buff that lasts while you're logged in and that resets on tuesdays like everything else!

its far simpler and gives an equal opportunity to all gamers.

Its in everyone's interest that we level up most alts, so give us a chance to do so.

if other MMOs do doubel XP weekends, that doesnt mean you have to follow and can't be positively innovative.

So?? I am assuming that all professional sports should be on hold until a day when you will not be heading home from work??

Special perks should not be held or made to work on day that YOU will be playing.. Just saying..

I missed my state fair last year because I was out to town for work.. I demand that they run it for an extra week when I am home so that I may enjoy it.. Isn't entitlement grand??? :p

Edited by MajikMyst

Wow...just wow...Basically what you are saying is "I HAVE A LIFE AND YOU DONT SO I AM BETTER THAN YOU SO EVERYTHING IN THE GAME SHOULD BE CATERED JUST TO ME ME MEM EM EMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME EMMEMEM"

EDIT: Also lol at "its simpler". Yea OK...

Edited by Icebergy

Many people might play on weekends but a ton of us cannot log in on weekends, we have things such as a family, friends, girlfriends, wives, kids, lunches dinners trips and other things.

I for one have 3 alts id love to push from mid 30s to 50 but will not be able to play on a single of those weekends.

As is the case with numerous others in my guild and in game. How about you give everyone an equal opportunity and make a 48hr or 72hr double XP buff that lasts while you're logged in and that resets on tuesdays like everything else! its far simpler and gives an equal opportunity to all gamers. Its in everyone's interest that we level up most alts, so give us a chance to do so. If other MMOs do doubel XP weekends, that doesnt mean you have to follow and can't be positively innovative.

1) Really? You can't carve out some time for yourself on the weekends? Not even on one or two weekends out of the next several hundreds you'll have? Your girlfriend/wife is that demanding? Get a new one. Your kids won't stop pestering you? You're the parent, make them stop. Lunch trips and dinner trips? Postpone them. Who takes a trip for dinner anyway? Normal going out to eat is only a few hours at most. I think that addresses all your reasons.

2) Seriously on the equal opportunity stuff? You're like a beggar on the street, trying to get some money for beer to feed an alcohol addiction (or just food to eat) and a guy walking by gives you $50 and you're happy, then you see him give $100 to the next beggar and then you chase him down and say he's unfair for GIVING you $50 and the other guy $100, instead of thanking him for the $50 that no one else would ever give you. It's free stuff, not earned stuff. Deal.

I get your point, but you have also to consider that restraining Double XP to week-ends is also a way to make sure that when people will be back to leveling, that they're will be other people with them, allowing them to also do Heroics and Flashpoints and such... During these days the game will be much more lively than if everybody would have been granted 48h over the week.

I get your point, but you have also to consider that restraining Double XP to week-ends is also a way to make sure that when people will be back to leveling, that they're will be other people with them, allowing them to also do Heroics and Flashpoints and such... During these days the game will be much more lively than if everybody would have been granted 48h over the week.

Servers were packed over the weekend. Servers lagged. Plenty of double cooldowns. Being able to have that 48 hour xp boost to use over one week will ensure that a large amount of players will be online without overloading the servers/

Servers were packed over the weekend. Servers lagged. Plenty of double cooldowns. Being able to have that 48 hour xp boost to use over one week will ensure that a large amount of players will be online without overloading the servers/

It probably depends on the planet. While I was on Hoth on Sunday, the Rep population varied between 30-45 with some peaks at 50 during "prime time". (No multiple instance)

Sure it was different from when I went on Coruscant with near 200 players at the end of prime time when people start to disconnect (11PM-12AM - did not verify number of instances).

The point is that if it weren't for the week-end only, I wonder how much people there would have been on Hoth... maybe 20 at peak. I don't think that's what BioWare aimed for.

Your idea for an alternative way to do the double experience thing is interesting, but saying it is currently unfair? No. No it isn't. Unfair would be giving double xp to some accounts but not others. Like say if only subscribers got it, only people in USA or only people with green eyes. Noone is intentionally excluded.

you and icebergy totally missed the point.

Nobody said I want it for me, if you want to compare it to a football game, I might not be able to be home on time, but ill have my tivo record it and watch it when im there.

what I am saying is that EVERYONE should be able to take advantage of double XP equally. Not me or you, everyone.

If there is a some sort of buff, then you can continue playing on weekends while i and those like me, take advantage during the week. Everyone wins, yes it is far simpler and logical that way.

So?? I am assuming that all professional sports should be on hold until a day when you will not be heading home from work??

Special perks should not be held or made to work on day that YOU will be playing.. Just saying..

I missed my state fair last year because I was out to town for work.. I demand that they run it for an extra week when I am home so that I may enjoy it.. Isn't entitlement grand??? :p

Edited by ChrisMattar

you and icebergy totally missed the point.

Nobody said I want it for me, if you want to compare it to a football game, I might not be able to be home on time, but ill have my tivo record it and watch it when im there.

what I am saying is that EVERYONE should be able to take advantage of double XP equally. Not me or you, everyone.

If there is a some sort of buff, then you can continue playing on weekends while i and those like me, take advantage during the week. Everyone wins, yes it is far simpler and logical that way.

Actually it isn't.. To take advantage of the double XP weekends.. People need to play on the weekend.. Now that is far simpler and logical..

This game isn't football.. There is no Tivo here.. No.. I didn't miss the point..

Think of it as a sale.. For a limited time and only on specific days.. If you want to take advantage of it.. You got to be there on the specified days.. Otherwise no bonus for you..

Nobody should be able to just sit offline and rack up the double XP time.. People need to work it out in their schedules if they want to take advantage of it.. If they want to get double XP then they need to play during the double XP weekends.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst