Why can’t we donate bound decorations to guild?

therebeloutcast

Is there a reason why we can’t donate bound decorations to guild? I bought a bunch of the anniversary decorations to donate to my guild to only find out I can’t donate them directly but I can unlock them for 50-75k each. Imo it’s kinda dumb if I can get them for 0 credits but can’t donate them, but oh hey spend 50-75k to unlock them for guild...what? (Or make anniversary items 0 credits to unlock maybe)

I understand I can’t sell them to others etc but why not let us be able to donate bound decorations to guild at least. I also encountered this when I was going to donate 50 ossan columns as well (honestly I’d love to see the 50 cap raised to 999 as well for the ossan decorations cuz I’m maxed out at 50 and I rather not delete the extra 50 I was gonna donate to my guild) :(

The restriction is, at least, in the *spirit* of "bound" - you can't donate anything else to your guild if it's bound in any way (to character *or* to legacy) - so perhaps the question is "why are these decorations bound?"...

And that's *probably* to keep them off the GTN between the events, since the price would be ... punitive, let's say, in the month of June. (Frankly, for something that's available at no charge, even one credit would be punitive...)

• 1 month later...

The biggest disappointment for me is not being able to donate copies of all FP and Ops decos to guilds.

Half the point of a guild stronghold is the trophies, and so many rare trophies can't be donated.

I don't think it's reasonable that someone has to grind for their own copy, then grind again to get one for the guild.

Also fireworks. Gulid strongholds need fireworks for social parties.