Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, what did the empire wind up doing with isotope 5?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So, what did the empire wind up doing with isotope 5?

MrMcmadness
12.10.2019 , 09:26 PM | #1
I know ROTHC is old news now but having just recently replayed the empire side I can't help but wonder what Darth Marr wanted to do with it.

In fact come to think of it most of every major plot point in ROTHC is pretty irrelevant, almost none of it has been brought up since apart from Oggurrob being the head of the alliance's science division.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

adormitul
12.10.2019 , 10:05 PM | #2
They power their ships with it and the production of ships and you know basically most of their energy needs. The isotope is the reason they are still contending with the Republic. They could not keep up with the Republic at all if not for the isotope 5. Hell they barely can do it now.

MadDutchman
12.10.2019 , 11:09 PM | #3
It is mentioned three times since then that i remember. The first by Theron about the attack on Tython, he mentions "Iso-5 bombings" though it isn't clear whether he's referring to the bombs or the bombers

Second in the conversation with Marr at the end of Yavin, he states "the mining of isotope-5 has bolstered our energy independence"

The last is in KOTFE when Lana is bringing you up to speed, she mentions "only ships retrofitted with isotope-5 could outrun [the Eternal Fleet]"

So basically a super-high energy power source (described as "near-infinite") used for a variety of uses.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

SteveTheCynic
12.11.2019 , 12:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
It is mentioned three times since then that i remember. The first by Theron about the attack on Tython, he mentions "Iso-5 bombings" though it isn't clear whether he's referring to the bombs or the bombers

Second in the conversation with Marr at the end of Yavin, he states "the mining of isotope-5 has bolstered our energy independence"

The last is in KOTFE when Lana is bringing you up to speed, she mentions "only ships retrofitted with isotope-5 could outrun [the Eternal Fleet]"
You forgot the reason why there's a bunch of green-engined Imp ships in the attacks on the Meridian Complex - they are powered by Isotope 5. Not sure whether that counts as one mention per side equals two mentions, or one event equals one mention.
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
So basically a super-high energy power source (described as "near-infinite") used for a variety of uses.
Except for its limited supply, since in Pub RotHC it's documented as unique to Makeb.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

adormitul
12.11.2019 , 12:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
You forgot the reason why there's a bunch of green-engined Imp ships in the attacks on the Meridian Complex - they are powered by Isotope 5. Not sure whether that counts as one mention per side equals two mentions, or one event equals one mention.

Except for its limited supply, since in Pub RotHC it's documented as unique to Makeb.
Yeah but is it not an whole planet worth of isotope 5? You will think its enough to power the military of the empire. Its not that big considering the territory they have.

VelvetSanity
12.11.2019 , 03:48 PM | #6
Malgus mentions the isotope 5 ships in describing the battle plan just before attacking the Meridian Complex (if you ask), so it's not just guessing that "oh, those green engines must be isotope 5".
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twi’lek Sith Sorceress
Anlavi - Pureblood Sith Marauder